XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I have one suggestion to make, although feel free to ignore it, I realize people are busy and such

I would love to see TBR (or a mod of TBR) capable of restoring the trucha bug without having to launch TBR THREE times. I prefer dop-mii's interface (which I think was originally developed by giantpune), but the end resulting IOS sounds better if made using the new TBR.

This is the sequence of events I would love to see TBR capable of doing WITHOUT having to exit the app in between steps:

*Downgrade IOS15 (then reloads the IOS),
*Install patched IOS36 (to w/e slot), first asking you to press A to apply w/e patches (then reloads the IOS),
*and lastly Restore IOS15.

edit: if wiipower and/or dr clipper are too busy to attempt implementing this suggestion now, please keep it in mind for a future date when u may have more time

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's starting 3 times, because i don't trust the memory management from libogc.

tueidj said:
I'd like to see it renamed from "Trucha Bug Restorer" (which is a misleading name) to "Signature Disabler" or something similar.

That would also be wrong, but i know what you mean. I won't rename it now, maybe if i need to update it for a new system menu.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
WiiPower said:
It's starting 3 times, because i don't trust the memory management from libogc.
I never had any problems with dop-mii's fakesign restorer and i'm assuming since we don't restart dop-mii when running the fakesign restorer that they use the memory management from libogc that your mentioned.

Anyways, you are the TBR expert, so if u say u don't trust it, that's good enough for me (do u think this is something u may eventually add if u somehow start trusting memory management from libogc? I don't mind doing crazy beta testing if it means a new version of TBR that doesn't need to be restarted will be made)

Oh yea, totally forgot to say thanks earlier for the new TBR, u r the man!

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What null byte in the sig? The signature is 256 bytes, from 0x04 to 0x104 in the TMD or Ticket. With the patch that TBR uses applied, it can be anything you want and still pass the IOS signature check.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought it was the same as the original strcmp/trucha bug. If the sig has a null byte in it it stops comparing them there and returns true, so if say byte 16 is null you only have to brute force a 15 byte sig instead of the whole lot.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tueidj said:
How would it be wrong? The signature check is patched to return a positive result no matter what, hence it's disabled.

I know the patched IOS accepts any signature. But "Signature Disabler" sounds like it would delete signatures or well, i can't really tell what it does. TBR disables the signature checking in the IOS. I just meant that the name would be as wrong the the current name, and if i change it, it should be a name that matches the task or is something completely different like TDEZ or whatever.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Does anyone know which updated IOSs specifically stop the trucha bug restorer from working properly? Is it IOS15 and 36? I don't really understand the second bullet of the changelog....???

Are there any benefits to updating the IOSs to their most recent versions from the 4.3 update? Or does it just block the TBR?

Code:
TBR CHANGELOG v1.13
===============
- added proper error messages when trying to downgrade IOS15
- updated to he IOS versions of the 4.3 update (TBR can't downgrade IOS15 using one of those)

kavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
- updated to he IOS versions of the 4.3 update (TBR can't downgrade IOS15 using one of those)

me too,the second,not understand it.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong

Don't really get what this means. So it the latest TBR supposed to work with 4.3 and assist in patching ios36?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly. This TBR is suitable to be used on 4.3 Wiis, but only if they have a vulnerable IOS already. It can't create a vulnerable IOS like it can by downgrading IOS15 on any other Wii firmware.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Okay, thanks... so this is my real Q

I want to update NUSAD to download the most recent IOSs, but is there any benefit to this? Or would I just be killing the ability to use the TBR? What if I were to update all the IOSs except IOS15, would it still work then? Or is it best to continue using the IOSs from the 4.2 update?

edit: looks like it also blocks the hackmii installer, sorry for being a little slow to keep up with the 4.3 update.

I'm assuming that the updated IOSs do nothing but make then "invulnerable", so I don't feel like they will ever be worth installing...

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
sorry for being a little slow to keep up with the 4.3 update.
It isn´t your fault. The information is just lacking. I also wonder if programs like Trucha Bug Restorer still work with these new IOSes and if you will still be able to install other IOSes and software with them.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New IOS all have HackMii Installer's exploit and TBR's exploit fixed. Leaving IOS36 at older version should allow both to work, but note that if IOS36 is patched HackMii Installer won't work.

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
New IOS all have HackMii Installer's exploit and TBR's exploit fixed. Leaving IOS36 at older version should allow both to work, but note that if IOS36 is patched HackMii Installer won't work.
I hope the HackMii team finds a way around these fixes.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TT have said before they have dozens of IOS exploits, so I'm pretty sure they'll be releasing a new HackMii Installer soon. Even if they don't have IOS exploits working on 4.3, others do, like the guys behind Riivolution (installing its channel works on a "virgin" 4.3 Wii).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow