Hacking ** Ultimate USB Loader & Accessories Bible For Dummies **

eastbayarb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to figure out why the Ocarina cheats don't work. I do a search for cheats in the game (for example, animal crossing), the cheats come up, I select the cheats, save the GCT file to the SD card, choose ON for the Ocarina cheats, load the game, but the cheats don't work.

Can someone help?

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So this being the 'dummies' thread, get ready for a n0ob question, which I didn't bother to search for in the numerous LARGE topics, that would only generate hits not seeing my needs.

How do I load .iso games from a HDD with ntfs filesystem with (the latest) Configurable USB Loader.
According to the USB loader wiki, it should be possible.

Thanks for any or and all (usefull) replies !!

beserk1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry for being blunt here, but as a dummy, I have no idea what most of the features mean.

and if this is meant to help people out on choosing which loader to use; wouldn't it be better if is in a chart format so people can compare?

because I am completely overwhelm by the sheer information provided and when I am done reading through it, I couldn't get the answer I was looking for; which one am I going to use?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Gregs said:
Could someone tell me if there is an USB loader which can read Gamecube games ISOs ?
GX
from Disc
rolleyes.gif

GC from USB is IMPOSSIBLE for now

Gregs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Too bad then :\
Anyways, thx for ur answer.

EDIT: So i decided to just burn it on a DVD cd when i got one from a friend. Now when I try to load it with either GC launcher or Neogamma, the screen turns green and the wii reboots itself. Can someone tell me what's going on here ??

EDIT2: Nvm. already fixed the problem
tongue.gif

bxjoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a WD Elements 640GB formatted as FAT32 and loaded about 15 games. I can see and play the games using both cfgLoader 53a-fat and USB loader GX. My problem is that i constantly get audio stutters.

I was told by Dr. Clipper in cfg thread that it is probably spin down, but i don't think that is the problem. It's my understanding that spindown occurs after 10-15 min of no drive access and usually causes the games to crash. I have never had a game crash even after playing for hours or leaving it paused for 20+ min.

I get audio stutters with a screeching noise during the opening of Twilight Princess as soon as Link starts riding Epona behind the Title...thats less than 5 minutes after loading, so could it really be spindown? Strangely if a fmv cinematic is playing such as opening of Mario Kart or Little King's Story audio is fine, but in game every few minutes it skips and at the same moment the wii disk drive flashes. And all other games will have an audio skip every few minutes and if there is spoken dialoge it lags behing the video so it is both frustrating and annoying. Please help.

e2zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is amazing! I've been hooked all day since i found this thread, loading from discs is soooo 1999! Running CFG on a portable WD 250gb FAT32, transferring all my games now! This will definitely make me play more Wii as well, thank you so much!

laserbeak43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Is there a WBFS management system that optimizes disk space? the one i'm using now, WBFS manager, deletes things but in some cases, doesn't actually remove the deleted files. I mean, the files are gone, but there is no more free space. so there's some fragmentation, or deleted files still allocating space.

Anything out there that works better than this? I'm losing gigs.

Thanks
Laser

RGadelha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi Laser,
Just switch to FAT32 and use WiiFlow. With FAT32 you can defrag your HDD using Windows.
Please, read it here: WiiFloWiki - Using a hard drive

laserbeak43 said:
Hello,
Is there a WBFS management system that optimizes disk space? the one i'm using now, WBFS manager, deletes things but in some cases, doesn't actually remove the deleted files. I mean, the files are gone, but there is no more free space. so there's some fragmentation, or deleted files still allocating space.

Thanks
Laser

laserbeak43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RGadelha said:
Hi Laser,
Just switch to FAT32 and use WiiFlow. With FAT32 you can defrag your HDD using Windows.
Please, read it here: WiiFloWiki - Using a hard drive

laserbeak43 said:
Hello,

Thanks
Laser
Hi RGadelha,
Thanks for the suggestion. I did end up doing something similar, but with an NTFS partition.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

RGadelha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No problem, you're welcome.

Just a reminder, Wii cannot write to an NTFS partition but I think you know that already.

Have fun!

laserbeak43 said:
Hi RGadelha,
Thanks for the suggestion. I did end up doing something similar, but with an NTFS partition.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
HEY GUYS
smile.gif
I'm back it's been a year of busy work and lots of traveling , and now back to the Wii and all the good people , just give me a couple of days to get things updated and to catch up to the new changes
smile.gif
and the Bible of the USB Loader thread will be up to moment again , sorry for being away and hope to help everyone again
smile.gif
miss you all Cheers
grog.gif

I

ishdeepsingh

Do u know any gr8 usb laoders other than gx for wbfs and cheating (cheats in game, an easier to use usb loader app?)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't know whether to congratulate you on using the search button, or blame you for missing out all the stickied threads in this thread section.

Anyhow...when comparing loaders, you may want to take a look at this chart. It may not be completely up to date, but it sure beats this thread (no offense to Big Moe, of course. But it's just that a lot has happened since this thread was made and last updated).

The short answer would be "either CFG or wiiflow is fine".

I

ishdeepsingh

Wever said:
I don't know whether to congratulate you on using the search button, or blame you for missing out all the stickied threads in this thread section.

Anyhow...when comparing loaders, you may want to take a look at this chart. It may not be completely up to date, but it sure beats this thread (no offense to Big Moe, of course. But it's just that a lot has happened since this thread was made and last updated).

The short answer would be "either CFG or wiiflow is fine".
thx soo much bro
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto