You needa change your avatar now
wink.gif

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's not out, it's leaked :]

Does anyone know if it works/is safe for use on 3.3 ? Or I need to downgrade? Anyways, can't test it right now, I'm at work :S

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
zapu said:
It's not out, it's leaked :]

Does anyone know if it works/is safe for use on 3.3 ? Or I need to downgrade? Anyways, can't test it right now, I'm at work :S

It is safe to use on 3.2/3.3

You're from Poland I see...
tongue.gif

Praetor192

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anybody who wants me to update the info with their contribution please PM ME as I really have to get to bed now
tongue.gif
Next update will either be in about 8-12 hours or around 22 hours (I have to work tomorrow
frown.gif
)

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Found this on wiinewz, direftly comes from endgadget, marcan's opinion on this:

Marcan said:
Seriously, one thing is for Waninkoko to put together four existing hacks and make a crappy game copy loader (no, it won't be fully compatible and there is a hardware limit to half reading speed - long loading times) and quite another is to get his stuff advertised on engadget of all places. Via tehskeen no less. Remember last time they got posted here? That's right - when he claimed that a little dongle that I humbly made to try to help people fix bricked Wiis (which is boring by engadget's standards) was somehow everything from a custom firmware, a pandora battery, a game copy loader, and who knows what. He still claims that I'm lying and trying to keep it under wraps for some deep dark secret reason.

Now engadget is basically promoting game piracy. I mean, seriously - you haven't even fallen into the "backup game" trap. The "(or, eh hem, otherwise obtained)" speaks mountains about what the author of this newspost was thinking - and we all know that is EXACTLY what 9 in 10 future users of this application are thinking. Since when did it become okay to promote game piracy (oh, sorry, I meant "game backups") using "politically correct" language?

Waninkoko didn't even do this for himself, at least not entirely. He used to claim that he wasn't interested in writing this. The reason he changed his mind is because he used to work for a certain modchip team, for a short while. They're shady, and haven't been paying him (not the first time they do this - I've known others who have had problems with them), so now he decided to stick it to them by writing this and trying to cut their sales. Almost a noble cause, except we did warn him about these idiots and he chose to ignore us.

Now Nintendo is going to come down even harder on wii homebrew. They already proved that they are unable to distinguish between the piracy scene and the homebrew scene, by trying half-heartedly to block our existing homebrew hacks. Best guess now is that they'll actually start cracking down, by properly fixing all existing published bugs, including one that will be fixed in future consoles sold. Once they do that, we will lose a very important ability on those newer consoles - with current consoles, we can hack the software to enable almost entirely risk-free recovery if you screw them up. We're working on it. Once they fix this one bug, this will not be possible on newer consoles. Ever (it's pretty fundamental). And since this bug is all related with the ability to run homebrew too, they're going to do this ASAP now. In fact, we'll still be able to run homebrew (their system is way too insecure for that), which means all of the pirates will get what they want, as usual - but those of us who will want to safely screw around with our consoles will be screwed with new Wiis.

First it was VC piracy, now it will be game piracy. First they fixed trucha and tried to block the Twilight Hack, now who knows what. Last time we said "thanks, waninkoko". I really would prefer not to have to do this again.

forget bout the crap about promoting piracy with advertising such news, the interesting part is in bold..
if that's true, this is getting better than a fuckin' soap opera

as always, everything is lead by money
rolleyes.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, that don't matter now... it's out, and we're compiling a working/not working list...

I'm downloading a ton of new titles to test it out... and I'll probably only play them long enough to test them out... other than a few titles I've been wanting to play (Geometry Wars)

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
lol, have fun trashing your pile of dvd-r

this thing is still buggy and in beta state, you are just wasting your time
leaking this in this state was also just a stupid idea; if you wanted it so bad, you could have ask waninkoko to betatest it... I imagine if he gave that to someone like Linkinworm, everybody can be
biggrin.gif

hollowtip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm or deny if super smash bros brawl works?

I'm assuming since it's dual layer it's not going to be compatible yet, but it's the only Iso I have right now.

signiquitatis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
Found this on wiinewz, direftly comes from endgadget, marcan's opinion on this:

Marcan said:
Seriously, one thing is for Waninkoko to put together four existing hacks and make a crappy game copy loader (no, it won't be fully compatible and there is a hardware limit to half reading speed - long loading times) and quite another is to get his stuff advertised on engadget of all places. Via tehskeen no less. Remember last time they got posted here? That's right - when he claimed that a little dongle that I humbly made to try to help people fix bricked Wiis (which is boring by engadget's standards) was somehow everything from a custom firmware, a pandora battery, a game copy loader, and who knows what. He still claims that I'm lying and trying to keep it under wraps for some deep dark secret reason.

Now engadget is basically promoting game piracy. I mean, seriously - you haven't even fallen into the "backup game" trap. The "(or, eh hem, otherwise obtained)" speaks mountains about what the author of this newspost was thinking - and we all know that is EXACTLY what 9 in 10 future users of this application are thinking. Since when did it become okay to promote game piracy (oh, sorry, I meant "game backups") using "politically correct" language?

Waninkoko didn't even do this for himself, at least not entirely. He used to claim that he wasn't interested in writing this. The reason he changed his mind is because he used to work for a certain modchip team, for a short while. They're shady, and haven't been paying him (not the first time they do this - I've known others who have had problems with them), so now he decided to stick it to them by writing this and trying to cut their sales. Almost a noble cause, except we did warn him about these idiots and he chose to ignore us.

Now Nintendo is going to come down even harder on wii homebrew. They already proved that they are unable to distinguish between the piracy scene and the homebrew scene, by trying half-heartedly to block our existing homebrew hacks. Best guess now is that they'll actually start cracking down, by properly fixing all existing published bugs, including one that will be fixed in future consoles sold. Once they do that, we will lose a very important ability on those newer consoles - with current consoles, we can hack the software to enable almost entirely risk-free recovery if you screw them up. We're working on it. Once they fix this one bug, this will not be possible on newer consoles. Ever (it's pretty fundamental). And since this bug is all related with the ability to run homebrew too, they're going to do this ASAP now. In fact, we'll still be able to run homebrew (their system is way too insecure for that), which means all of the pirates will get what they want, as usual - but those of us who will want to safely screw around with our consoles will be screwed with new Wiis.

First it was VC piracy, now it will be game piracy. First they fixed trucha and tried to block the Twilight Hack, now who knows what. Last time we said "thanks, waninkoko". I really would prefer not to have to do this again.

forget bout the crap about promoting piracy with advertising such news, the interesting part is in bold..
if that's true, this is getting better than a fuckin' soap opera

as always, everything is lead by money
rolleyes.gif
lolz@ the part in bold.
such drama.
If it's all about revenge, I'd assume waninkoko will go about continuing this project.

joe90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
looks all good. I will try tonight.. just a quick question.. can i just uninstall the CISO (if needed)? or will that bugger up the wii. I can obviously uninstall all the other bits?

I will try some tonight and see what happens..

joe90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
excellent, i was not sure if you had to reinstall it with an orginal copy.

I hope (will test tonight) that Okami works
smile.gif

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
cIOS is just another version of I/O system that contains some hacks. For example you have some IOSes from Nintendo right now, what you are going to do is installing another on your console, just like you were doing an update from nintendo.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hows about forcing NTSC with something like Starfall?
Does that allow more compatibility via composite and NTSC?

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
SMG does not work, because you cant get past the 1st cutscene, unless its scrubbed
Do you mean when starting a new game? Because I tried my of SMG on my Wii and played one of my saved games, it worked fine (except for the lack of color)

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Miles said:
linkinworm said:
SMG does not work, because you cant get past the 1st cutscene, unless its scrubbed
Do you mean when starting a new game? Because I tried my of SMG on my Wii and played one of my saved games, it worked fine (except for the lack of color)
yes with a new game, it should be noted down in the 1st post

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
When you install DVDX like this (on IOS249), can it still do the things it previously did? Like enabling emulators to read from DVD?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Worse.