Not open for further replies.

DarK_HumOuR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
QUOTE said:
- You need Custom IOS (IOS249) to use this application!

sorry for my damp question but.. where can i find it?
unsure.gif

i have a mooded wii with wiikey 1.9x, and i want to put the homebrew ch. on it

i want to downgrade my wii to 3.2 to play ssbb. (i have the stypid 3.3E pal...)
i dont have sd card. only internet connection via usb connector.

can i do the job without sd card with these tools?

what tools exactly do i need?

pls help!

sorry for my bad english..
frown.gif

p.s. why all of these files have most spanish infos?!
frown.gif

edit:
linkinworm said:
covers almost everything, hopefully N00bs will stop asking for copyrighted code n stuff like that

sorry guys

this thread wasnt sticky and i didnt saw it...
rolleyes.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds great, USB, SD, wifi dumper all in one.

But more importantly, is it faster than the existing dumpers? (well obviously fasted for USB since it's the first lol)

Hopefully people can post some comparisons.

I'm gonna test the wifi dumping now and will post results later (gonna dump brawl). Caitsmiths dumper was giving me abt 250kb/s if i remember correctly (gotta check the other topic i posted in to make sure) (my router is crap though so don't think this is the figure others are getting).

pk!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OSW said:
Hopefully people can post some comparisons.

I'm gonna test the wifi dumping now and will post results later (gonna dump brawl). Caitsmiths dumper was giving me abt 250kb/s if i remember correctly (gotta check the other topic i posted in to make sure) (my router is crap though so don't think this is the figure others are getting).
I've tried two homebrew, and Waninkoko dumper was 10~15 minutes more fast.

wiihttpd: 2h 58m (Dumped Wii Sports)
waninkoko: ~2h 45m (Dumped HULK)

laptopfreek0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody been able to successfully dump to a usb mass storage device. I tried several times on a 4 gig formatted in fat32. It tries to mount the device and then errors out. Anybody figured out why. Just wondering if I am doing something wrong. Thanks

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Stupid question
tongue.gif

Can it use local wifi?

As in only on your network, because that would be much faster, and if it was via the internet, you may as well download it anyway :|

laptopfreek0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to double Post but I still haven't figured out the usb mass storage issue. But overall it still is a nice program. The real reason I posted is because I just wanted to report on the wifi on the dvd dumper. It is fabulous. It dumps at approximately 500 kbps that is a lot faster than the internal one and you don't have to keep swapping your card. Anyway if you can't figure out how to use the wifi it is easy. All you have to do is choose the wifi option, insert a disc, and maneuver to the address that it gives you with your computer. I thought that this was going to be a lot harder. Anyway if anybody figures out how to dump via mass storage let me know. Thanks. Oh and by the way it rips via local network only. If you try to access it via another server it does not show up. I think that the only thing limiting the download speed is the wii itself, but later on they might figure out how to optimize it faster. I am getting an average of 500,000 bytes per second with download express on a N network. (everything other than the router is G so that shouldn't matter anyway.)

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the app to dump to USB device.....I have to try with my Western Digital USB HDD....but currently I'm using a sandisk cruzer 8gb....

I kept getting the error.....my steps

follow instructions on screen.....(have USB device already inserted)

When it gets to the step of insert USB device....watch your light on the device....when it appears to be recognized remove it and reinsert it count to 5 to make sure but the idiot light on the device should tell you that it is mounted OK.... Will post rates to the usb key when it's done, will also try the WD HDD. Cheers!

EDIT: ehhhh, nevermind....when I came back the USB Key's light was no longer lit and I had an error stating it could not write to the device....The same process did not even get as far with the HDD....will keep trying...sorry I did see RKME.iso on the USB key though and it was 0 byte size going to erase it and try again because it did a similar thing prior to this with that device

The format of the USB key is Fat32, does anyone think that could be part of the problem? I think I'll try a smaller split size, I had it opened all the way up to 8192....if I recall correctly 2048 is max file size for fat32 filesystem

EDIT AGAIN: OK, changed the file split to 2048 and it bombed and I didn't pay attention......now my split size is 512 and I am currently at 4.56mb dumped.......this is gonna take awhile now at 7.60mb and 0.2% in approximately 3 minutes

LAST EDIT THIS POST: it bombed at about 0.9%...oh well...if I make any progress before anyone else I'll share. I'm going to format the USB key to see if that helps..

EDIT AGAIN I LIED: I've given up on USB dumping....it just isn't worth it, I got within 1.5 minutes via wifi what I got in 10 minutes USB.....I'd still like to see it work but I'll let someone else tackle this one getting 530/KB just as I was with the nitrotux app modified using wiihttpd....think I'll use DVD dumper now and get away from the modified wiihttpd...they do the same thing, but the work is still commendable!

jbloggs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok, I can't get it to work, I must be doing something stupid.

I have an SD card with /apps directory. I copied the DVDDumper1.2 directory into the apps. I then renamed the .dol file to boot.dol

I insert the SD card into wii, startup HBC and click on the DVD dumper. I then select WOD Single Layer, then check/reads Game DVD, then initialises network, gives me my IP address.

I go to the computer and enter the IP address in IE, it gives link to download xyz.iso. I click on the link then then IE displays error "Cannot display Web Page. On the wii it has the following message

Sending DVD ISO... ERROR! (ret = -10056)

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Got it working with Firfox, but the speed is 140KB/s (between 8hrs & 9hrs to rip) that is long time. I have a linksys wireless router. Is there a setting I'm missing to get higher speed?

zadanlavey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I made a backup of one of my games (dragon ball budokai tenkaishi 3)
it takes more than 5 hours, whit the sd method.
I have 5 archives, four of 1GB, and one of 375MB, like this:

part1.iso (1GB)
part2.iso (1GB)
part3.iso (1GB)
part4.iso (1GB)
part5.iso (375MB)

This is the question: How can i made one iso file from those 5 files?

Hope someone can help me, Thanks!

I will try whit the wi-fi method (for the wii games), the SD method is perfect for yhe GC backups.

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
copy /b part1.iso + part2.iso + part3.iso + part4.iso + part5.iso name-this-wisely.iso

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With this dumper and caitsinth2's dumper also I download the file and it stops at exactly 2.0GB. It doesn't say error or anything, it just says that it's done downloading. I'm dumping Legend of Zelda, which SHOULD be a 4.7GB file. It's also a single layer disc, which is what I chose. What am I doing wrong?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i had some problems similar to that too. after a few tries at dumping warioware it worked though.

as for pokemon battle revolution, i couldn't get it to work after abt 7 tries
frown.gif
, so i ended up dumping to SD.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OSW said:
i had some problems similar to that too. after a few tries at dumping warioware it worked though.

frown.gif
What's faster - dumping to the front SD or through an SD Gecko?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
OSW said:

frown.gif
What's faster - dumping to the front SD or through an SD Gecko?
I haven't personally tested it but dumping to Front SD should be faster AFAIK.

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have tried to dump several wii and gc games over wifi using this program. I have successfully completed the operation with the proper size of isos on my hdd. However, they appear to be corrupt or something because when I open them with trucha signer gcmutility wiiscrubber or whatever, they all crash. Wiiscrubber gets past opening the iso but it's log says something about bad sectors... Just wondering if something I set up could have caused this problem. I am running the latest patchmii cios.(not waninkoko's)

Notorious9i6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright i have around 30 Wii games on DVD-R that i want to dump.
I had a wiikey but it got fried, i don't know how. So i remove it and my wii works like a normal one now.

Can i dump my backups? you know, just in case i have to patch my games later with that new backup loader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone