Not open for further replies.

just4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome again, thanks..

how do you exit the DVD Dumper from within it? Can only seem to cancel out by unplugging the Wii which always sucks..
And i asked previously but no one saw it I don't think...what do you have to do with the ISO once it's dumped to make it burnable? I know you can't just burn it but what has to be done? Not sure if it dumps in more than one part too, if so, then what? Thanks for helping the noob!

BTW, so far dumping Wii Sports over Wi-Fi at 574 kb/sec with no problems..est. time to finish: 2 hrs and 8 minutes and it's at 5% now!

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
just tried it, there indeed seems to be no way to exit that application.
If you dump to SD, you'll end up with different parts. Join them together into 1 ISO.
If you've dumped an ISO over wifi, it will result in 1 big ISO file which is ready to be burned to a disc. I've already dumped & burned several Gamecube games that way, it's working perfectly.

just4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Then how come someone previously said something about having to scrub the ISO (what does 'scrubbing' do again?) or do something to it.
2. How does it dump into one perfect, ready-to-burn ISO?? Like I said, I am doing it over Wi-Fi so it will be one big ISO but if you did it to SD and get multiple ISOs, how do you combine them exactly?
3. Is there any way to dump each ISO part to the SD during separate sessions in order to use say a 2GB SD card where you would have to free up space between each part before dumping the next? Or can they only be dumped all in one session?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Scrubbing is totally different thing. First of all, dumping a game will result in an ISO that is ready to burn.
Scrubbing it means you take such an iso, and replace all of the so-called garbage data and replace it with data that can be easily compressed. If you compress such a scrubbed ISO with winzip/rar for example, it will result in a smaller file. But if you unpack it, it will be a full-sized iso 4.37GB again. So it's for storage purposes only, it will save you disk space on your computer if you want to keep ISO files on it. And it's convenient for people downloading from torrent trackers, they'll have less to download this way and seed back.
If you use the SD method, the application will ask you how big you want the different parts to be, and it will take care of everything. So it dumps one part, allows you to transfer it to computer, and then continue with the next.
You join these parts in the command prompt, I believe like this: copy /b part1+part2+part3 filename.iso

just4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when dumping to SD in parts, it actually allows you to transfer one part from SD to PC right there through the Dumping app so that you can free up the SD card for the next part all without interrupting the process? If so, wow...so sick. This is all a lot of info for someone like me who always thought you could only dump via that LG PC drive...I always only read about that and thought it was the only way. This is SO much more convenient and easy.

And about scrubbing, I don't know, I always read posts about scrubbing where they made it sound like scrubbing was something they did to ISOs in certain situations BEFORE being able to burn and play...guess it's just for storage though.

Does WinRAR let you combine ISO parts? Or is is definitely only possible by cmd prompt?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
just4747 said:
So when dumping to SD in parts, it actually allows you to transfer one part from SD to PC right there through the Dumping app so that you can free up the SD card for the next part all without interrupting the process? If so, wow...so sick. This is all a lot of info for someone like me who always thought you could only dump via that LG PC drive...I always only read about that and thought it was the only way. This is SO much more convenient and easy.

Yes, that's how the applications works. For a long time the special LG drives were the only way. But thanks to cool homebrew development, the wii itself can now dump discs.

QUOTE said:
And about scrubbing, I don't know, I always read posts about scrubbing where they made it sound like scrubbing was something they did to ISOs in certain situations BEFORE being able to burn and play...guess it's just for storage though.
yeah, storage and download convience only. especially if you dump your own disc and burn it's ISO directly, there really is no point in scrubbing it first. Unless you need the storage space of course.

Does WinRAR let you combine ISO parts? Or is is definitely only possible by cmd prompt?

Not winrar. But I guess there are file joiners with a graphical interface too. The cmd prompt isn't all too difficult though, it's just 1 command you'll have to enter.

just4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I dumped Wii Sports via Wi-Fi..came out to an ISO that's 4.37 GB named RSPE. Tried burning at 6x with ImgBurn to a DVD+RW and it had an error I think at the beginning of it. What could be wrong with the ISO (if it's the ISO)?

EDIT: seems to be goin' good the second time around at 4x...the errors it had given me the first time were:

W 21:06:04 Waiting for buffers to recover... (LBA: 122080)
W 21:06:09 Waiting for hard disk activity to reach threshold level...

any ideas what those mean?

EDIT: Burned fine the second time onto the RW but it did not load in the Wii. It said unrecognized on the Disc Channel. I guess I'll try a regular DVD+R but it should've worked from the DVD+RW since I have a D2Pro9..hmmmm not good...
By the way, the ImgBurn label for the ISO is "Sports Pack for Revolution" haha.

just4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sry to dbl post but the third burn on the DVD+R seems to have worked great. Still can't figure out why the DVD+RW didn't boot the game even though it burned right. Why wouldn't it work if the D2Pro9 plays RWs??

Sweeday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Do you think the usage of this homebrew could deteriorate the Wii drive ?
On the one hand, I don't think so because a game such as Metroid is running in permanent streaming so it's proves the Wii is made to support long and intensive access to its drive, but on the other hand... well I'm not that sure.

Sweeday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sweeday said:
OneUp said:
I have tried to dump several wii and gc games over wifi using this program. I have successfully completed the operation with the proper size of isos on my hdd. However, they appear to be corrupt or something because when I open them with trucha signer gcmutility wiiscrubber or whatever, they all crash. Wiiscrubber gets past opening the iso but it's log says something about bad sectors... Just wondering if something I set up could have caused this problem. I am running the latest patchmii cios.(not waninkoko's)
I also use patchmii cios, perhaps here's the root of our problems.
I've uninstalled patchmii cios and installed Waninkoko's and it works perfectly !!
Spread the word : Patchmii cIOS doesn't work to dump isos !

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob Question. I wanted to try this. I just need to take the dol file and turn it into a boot file. Place it in my Sd directory. That's it no other folders.

Sweeday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've got a wierd problem with Waninkoko's dumper. All my dumpings worked perfectly except Wii Sports and Guitar Hero, both always get a size of 4 699 979 775 octets (after various attempts) instead of the regular 4 699 979 776 octets. I've tried to scrub those isos in order to see if the wiiscrubber could solve the problem but the size of the uncompressed scrubbed iso is 4 699 947 008 octets.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem ?

tlangford

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What are the maximum memory sizes for the Wii?

Can i use a 4gb SD?
8gb SD?

Can I plug in any mass storage device? I tried an 80gb external HD and I got a code dump.
Could I use a 8gb flash usb drive to dump games to?

tim

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweeday said:
I've got a wierd problem with Waninkoko's dumper. All my dumpings worked perfectly except Wii Sports and Guitar Hero, both always get a size of 4 699 979 775 octets (after various attempts) instead of the regular 4 699 979 776 octets. I've tried to scrub those isos in order to see if the wiiscrubber could solve the problem but the size of the uncompressed scrubbed iso is 4 699 947 008 octets.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem ?

get cIOS rev4 or rev5

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wii supports SD cards. The maximum size of SD cards are 4 GB.
Everything (well, mostly) above 4 GB are SDHC cards, which the Wii don't support.
No idea if this program supports USB devices.

tlangford

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks,

Does anyone know about Mass Storage devices?

If it does, which brands are recommended?

gadget78

Trophies
XP
Country
how do you go about making this a channel ??

come to think of it, how do u make channels from just a dol file?

Mick ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (and the joke here is that i misheard pride month as bread month)