Not open for further replies.

raven77wolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dumping games

well i got bored so i ran dumper then dump me resdent evil 4 i did over wifi it work perfict over then when i patch it then burned it went green screen then past then the screen is black can you tell me what i did wrong do i have to dump it again or do i have to burn again can you plz help me
hate2.gif

archau

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

For all those on a Macbook using the dumper v1.2. I found that the most I could get in transfer was only 200-240kbs
which is rather woeful as dumping would take 5-8 hours.

This is using the dumper over Wireless (Airport) connection not fixed Ethernet.

After much tweaking and mucking around I have now managed to get the speed up to 400-560kps and dumping in around 2-3 hours which is a vast improvement.

My Setup is a 13" White Intel MacBook running OS X Leopard 10.5.5 with a Billion 7401vgp router.

Here is what needs to be done:

First Step

Open Terminal
Type "sudo sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.delayed_ack=0" (Do not include quotation marks)
Hit "Enter" and type in your local password (You must be logged in with admin privs)
(This will need to be run everytime you start up your mac)

To keep it permanent create a file in /etc/ called "sysctl.conf" and add the following line:
net.inet.tcp.delayed_ack=0

Second Step

Open "System Preferences" and click on "Network"
Create a new "Location" called "Wii transfer"
Now remove "Ethernet, Bluetooth, FireWire,etc" using the "-" button so the only entry in there is "Airport"
Click Apply and Quit "System Preferences"

Third Step

Make sure you have the latest Firefox and try dumping a game.

Regards,

Arch

davegazi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found I get better Wifi speeds using WGET to capture the files. Maintains 450-500 rate for 2.5-3 hour download. For some reason, Firefox bogs down to 200 or so after about a gig.

Anyone finding they are having disc eject problems with this? I've used it twice, and each time I had a heck of a time getting the disc to eject. After doing it's thing, I have to shut the Wii down, uninstall the CIOS, and turn off the Wii again before the disc ejects.

Wii NTSC USA
Wasabi v3
3.3U
Custom IOS249 Installer (v37 rev 03)

Thanks for any info.

Photokon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problems ejecting disc. But, for people who take out their power cord, all you have to do is hold the power button for 5 seconds to turn off your wii.

davegazi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a few questions about WGET. It's a DOS command line download program.

Compiled version can be found here: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/downlinks/wget.php

-Install WGET
-Open DOS prompt
-Get to WGET directory (mine is program files/wget/bin, yours may be different)
-Have the DVD dumper dump in wireless mode.
-Once in the WGET directory type WGET whateveraddressdumpersays/isoname.iso (iso name appears to be case sensitive)
-Example WGET 192.166.1.103/RPME.iso
-File dumps into the same directory as the WGET.exe.

Cyberxion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just to be sure, I can use my 2GB Kingston SD card to dump ISOs with? And I can, once my card is full, transfer the resulting file to my PC? And once I get the entire game over, I can rejoin the parts by running a command prompt? And that's really it?

I'm a newbie though, so is there anything else I should know?

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cyberxion said:
So just to be sure, I can use my 2GB Kingston SD card to dump ISOs with? And I can, once my card is full, transfer the resulting file to my PC? And once I get the entire game over, I can rejoin the parts by running a command prompt? And that's really it?

I'm a newbie though, so is there anything else I should know?

Yeah, you got it... you can just "copy /b" the parts together to a 4,37Gig Iso when your'e done. But u have to name the parts yourself. And you have to choose the size of the parts yourself. the dumper won't stop itself when the card is full.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i hope so. but you would still have to split the iso in at least 2 parts, because of the restriction of fat32 (maximum filesize 4gb).

Cyberxion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--=ZerO=-- said:
Yeah, you got it... you can just "copy /b" the parts together to a 4,37Gig Iso when your'e done. But u have to name the parts yourself. And you have to choose the size of the parts yourself. the dumper won't stop itself when the card is full.
Gotcha. Sounds simple enough. Thanks for the help.
smile.gif

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so from reading the thread, it seems that Patchmii will not work on DVD Dumper 1.2, am I correct ???? Who's custom 249 installer do you use then ????

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
WiiGator's or Waninkoko's newest cIOS will do the job..!!
smile.gif

Nice. Yea, I got it to work, just tried it.

Started dumping Rock Band (its getting pretty scratchy, and I'm gonna need it to export the songs to RB2), and my speeds are not 400-500 KB like everyone else. I got between 200-300KB. Bummer. Oh well. Can't have everything. I'm just glad it works
smile.gif

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
question? I have installed the new Gamma update from wiigaotor and waninkoko . EVERYTHING WORKS GR8 as far as the backup loader goes and that...

But when i run this application in the homebrew channel I get to set all the settings (sd card as source,single layer,512 part size..ect

then it reeads the disc it does this fine....

then it says Hit the button to start dumping your disc......

When i DO that...It causes a Code Dump and a Exception (dsi) error

then i have to hard reset....

I would guess this is because wiigators CIOS is a "light" version? and maybe i need to install waninkoko's latest version for this to work...HOWEVER before i try and go do that....I wondered will this mess up the Wiigator loader and should I switch to ALL waninkoko software loaders as well?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Mmmmmm.... I've always done it thru Wi-Fi, never thru SD or USB, let me try and I'll edit....

EDIT: Yep, same here, but I have Wi-Fi, so I don't have a problem by the moment..!!!
smile.gif

namanator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man I am in a real bind here. I got the dvd dumper 1.2 to work through wifi, waited 3 hours, receieved a RZDE file that is like 4.37 GB. Burned it with img burn and nothing, it loads through backup launcher gamma but then black screen. Any tips? IS my dump a bad dump. It is driving me crazy!!!!

dan92

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hey, i got the dumper but when i select usb and then single layer then split size 512 (it fails with any) and try to dump it to my 1gb kingston usb it just says "insert the usb device and press any button to start the dumping" then i press the button and it says "..... Error.......Restarting" and then it restarts the wii, can any1 tell me how to fix it?

garnaff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i use my 8g usb key to dump it, i always get a writing error after a while, depending on wich game, and even if its not scratch, i did it with my SD card and the same game is working, maybe usb device have to be retouch ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch