Not open for further replies.

mrplowdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Notorious9i6 said:
Alright i have around 30 Wii games on DVD-R that i want to dump.
If they're already on DVD-R just use any burning software to make a 1 to 1 copy, ie imgburn, nero etc

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the above poster may be asking about the new AppLoader Waninkoko is making...

Would it be possible to dump a backed up disc without a mod chip... I will test that out now... but I'm using Caitsith's Wifi dumper, not this one...

Give me a few minutes, and I'll post again...

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, apparently you can't do that...

Everytime I try to dump GH Aerosmith (a backup copy), with no modchip installed, it just gives me garbage... 251k of nonsense, then quits...

So, without a mod chip, I guess you can't backup a backup, lol

Sweeday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, the situation is pretty obvious for me.
I always burn at 4x with ImgBurn on Taiyo Yuden with ImgBurn and I read my backups with a Wiikey up to date.

I did the same way to burn the backup homemade with this DVD Dumper... but none works ! I always got a message "an error occured, eject the disc and turn off your wii system". The size of the files is OK, the dumping always went perfectly through the wifi, but for a reason I don't understand, my Wii doesn't accept my homemade backups.

Does anyone know what could I do to solve this problem ?

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warcueid said:
How fast does the Wifi mode work for dumping? Also, isnt this the same as that Wii FTPi thing?
It took me around 3-5 hours for Super Mario Galaxy.

just4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is meant by custom IOS249? Does that mean you need a custom firmware on your Wii other than 3.3U? Can someone please explain this? And how do I go about getting this custom IOS where it needs to be? Is there a tutorial on this stuff?

And is the main purpose of this dumper to put a retail Wii or GCN game in the Wii and dump it as a .ISO to a SD/USB drive/WiFi? And then what has to be done to it before being burned and played?
I thought the only way to dump Wii games was with that specific kind of LG PC DVD drive..what happened to that being the only method?

Thanks!

Sweeday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
OneUp said:
I have tried to dump several wii and gc games over wifi using this program. I have successfully completed the operation with the proper size of isos on my hdd. However, they appear to be corrupt or something because when I open them with trucha signer gcmutility wiiscrubber or whatever, they all crash. Wiiscrubber gets past opening the iso but it's log says something about bad sectors... Just wondering if something I set up could have caused this problem. I am running the latest patchmii cios.(not waninkoko's)
I also use patchmii cios, perhaps here's the root of our problems.

just4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just4747 said:
What is meant by custom IOS249? Does that mean you need a custom firmware on your Wii other than 3.3U? Can someone please explain this? And how do I go about getting this custom IOS where it needs to be? Is there a tutorial on this stuff?

And is the main purpose of this dumper to put a retail Wii or GCN game in the Wii and dump it as a .ISO to a SD/USB drive/WiFi? And then what has to be done to it before being burned and played?
I thought the only way to dump Wii games was with that specific kind of LG PC DVD drive..what happened to that being the only method?

Thanks!

ok i got 23617_cIOS36_rev4Installer (that's what I need right?) and put it in a folder in sd/apps and renamed the file boot.dol, did the install via HBC. How can I tell if it was properly installed or not and how can I switch the IOS back to the official Nintendo one if need be?? Also, can you tell me where to go from there to installing and using the Dumper please? Thanks.

EDIT: I installed the cIOS and now tried running the boot.dol for the Dumper from HBC and it just goes right back to HBC when I try to launch it...any ideas?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The custom IOS is an extra IOS. So it does not replace any file. Normal system operations don't use this IOS and won't even notice it is there. Get the installer from http://wii.waninkoko.info/ (Custom IOS36 rev 04)
You will also need this file: IOS36-64-v1042.wad . You'll have to find this for yourself, it's copyrighted. Place the file in the root of your SD and run the installer via the homebrew channel

just4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when they say IOS249 they really mean IOS36_64_v1042??

and what exactly is IOS? What does it stand for and what is it exactly? Just another name for firmware?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, the installer takes the wad file of ios36, patches it, and installs it as IOS249.
An IOS is part of the firmware, there are different versions of it that are all on the wii at the same time.

just4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok..thanks... Where can you get the latest cIOS uninstaller btw? Does that just uninstall the extra modded one and leave the original official one there (which should have never been touched as you guys said)?
Sorry for all the questions, but one more: what is the point of the downgrader? Does it downgrade the official part of the IOS to have a lower (lower than 3.3) fw version or does it downgrade the custom IOS that we load on the Wii? If the ladder, what's the point? (I thought you can just install different cIOS versions over another one, no?) Just a little confused... thanks!

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can find the uninstaller on the same website, it's called Custom IOS Uninstaller v1.1
It will only remove the custom IOS.
I don't know much about the downgrader, I've never used it.

just4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay thanks...one thing, every app you said is on Waninkoko's site just seems to be links to threads about the apps (in Spanish), and not download links anywhere..am I missing something?

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just4747 said:
okay thanks...one thing, every app you said is on Waninkoko's site just seems to be links to threads about the apps (in Spanish), and not download links anywhere..am I missing something?
You have to register there, then the download links will be available on the first post of the thread.

Sweeday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sweeday said:
OneUp said:
I have tried to dump several wii and gc games over wifi using this program. I have successfully completed the operation with the proper size of isos on my hdd. However, they appear to be corrupt or something because when I open them with trucha signer gcmutility wiiscrubber or whatever, they all crash. Wiiscrubber gets past opening the iso but it's log says something about bad sectors... Just wondering if something I set up could have caused this problem. I am running the latest patchmii cios.(not waninkoko's)
I also use patchmii cios, perhaps here's the root of our problems.
Did anyone try to dump, burn and use an iso with patchmii cios instead of waninkoko's ?

just4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wonder if there are premade icons for all of these IOS tools for lookin nice in the HBC....

is there a way to see what cIOS you have on your Wii (or if any even got installed properly)..whether it be in a menu or through one of the tools?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
For icons, take a look here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=87796
If there aren't any, you can request them. A lot of people there are very helpful
To see which IOS's are installed, you can run MenuLoader for example to cycle through the list of installed versions. It lets you reboot the Wii menu forced on a different IOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o