ROM Hack [WIP] Yo-kai Watch 4 ++ Switch English Translation Project

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Update 0.0.4 has now been released. This update polishes up a lot of existing issues NPC wise for Chapter 2 along with a lot of system text polishes and more content busted out for post game content like the Blasters ++ stuff etc. This project is a vast undertaking for our small team but we are all still chiseling away as fast as we can to help make this the best release possible so we can all sit back and enjoy this amazing game. Thanks for the support and tagging along for the ride. Here is to the many more updates to come for ya Naughty Brats!

8306789-snartle.jpg

Last edited by DrgnMasterKota,

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Update 0.0.4 has now been released. This update polishes up a lot of existing issues NPC wise for Chapter 2 along with a lot of system text polishes and more content busted out for post game content like the Blasters ++ stuff etc. This project is a vast undertaking for our small team but we are all still chiseling away as fast as we can to help make this the best release possible so we can all sit back and enjoy this amazing game. Thanks for the support and tagging along for the ride. Here is to the many more updates to come for ya Naughty Brats!

View attachment 376559
I just started looking into this game and I find this, great timing. What % of completion would you say the project is at right now?
Thanks for all your work!

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just started looking into this game and I find this, great timing. What % of completion would you say the project is at right now?
Thanks for all your work!

It’s all still a vast work in progress polishing wise etc for some chapters to be perfected but the story is up to Chapter 5 being done content wise and a lot of NPC’s and side quests. So story about 50% everything else about 30% give or take. Will be a little bit till full polished completion all around, but it’s definitely progressing at a positive pace given how small our team is. We just keep slowly chiseling away.

• Love
Reactions: jomaper

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
It’s all still a vast work in progress polishing wise etc for some chapters to be perfect but the story is up to Chapter 5 being done content wise and a lot of NPC’s and side quests. So story about 50% everything else about 30% give or take. Will be a little bit till full polished completion all around but it’s definitely progressing at a positive pace given how small our team is. We just keep slowly chiseling away.
No hurries at all! Your work is astounding, thank you!! <3

Reactions: DrgnMasterKota

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Update 0.0.5 has been released! This update acts as a hotfix to fix an existing Everymart bug that was created with the last update. I apologize for that but everything is now polished up and in working condition! This update also provides once again a lot of backend update polishes for System text and a few more NPC's for chapter 2 etc! It's my goal to have the final polishing done for all of Chapter 2 with the next 0.0.6 update by Sunday night for everyone to enjoy. Big thanks to everyone for their continued patience as we chisel away at translating and perfecting this game to the best of our ability. Enjoy!

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry for the delay update 0.0.6 is now out in the wild. This update once again brings about significant upgrades and polishes to the back end of things for shops, system text, map NPC's for Chapter 2 along with main story text polishing etc etc. Once again it's a vast work in progress and every new release helps. Enjoy!

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sorry for the delay update 0.0.6 is now out in the wild. This update once again brings about significant upgrades and polishes to the back end of things for shops, system text, map NPC's for Chapter 2 along with main story text polishing etc etc. Once again it's a vast work in progress and every new release helps. Enjoy!
Awesome job guys

Reactions: DrgnMasterKota

Jibanyanlnewells

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say thank you and your team so much for all the work you have done translating ykw 1 and this into english, i have been wanting to play these two games for so long and now i finally can (even if the patch for this isn't done yet)! I also hope any future progress on this project and any future projects goes smoothly

NebulousNeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The quality of this translation in comparison to the Busters 2 patch is a lot better, but there's still a decent number of questionable translation choices/inaccurate lines sprinkled through the patch. The editing is also very inconsistent, with some lines being a little too raw. I don't want to accuse and make assumptions, but some of these raw lines feel very similar to what a machine translator like DeepL would give you as a result.

Are there plans to iron this out? Does everyone on the translation team know Japanese well enough?

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The quality of this translation in comparison to the Busters 2 patch is a lot better, but there's still a decent number of questionable translation choices/inaccurate lines sprinkled through the patch. The editing is also very inconsistent, with some lines being a little too raw. I don't want to accuse and make assumptions, but some of these raw lines feel very similar to what a machine translator like DeepL would give you as a result.

Are there plans to iron this out? Does everyone on the translation team know Japanese well enough
Maybe you can help them if you know Japanese

Reactions: JeepX87

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: call sps