M4nuelig0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello!
So 2 days ago my Nex nintendo 2ds Xl started to show me whenever i turned it on a black screen and the light as it was on.
If I hold start or select it shows me the luma thingy and using recovery mode doesn't seem to do stuff.
Anyone knows how to fix it?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!
So 2 days ago my Nex nintendo 2ds Xl started to show me whenever i turned it on a black screen and the light as it was on.
If I hold start or select it shows me the luma thingy and using recovery mode doesn't seem to do stuff.
Anyone knows how to fix it?
Boot into Luma3DS Menu holding "select" on boot and see if you have "disable Arm11 exception handlers" enabled. Uncheck it if it is.
Also what's the last you did with the n2dsxl? Were you playing a game, installed a game, have you seen any errors etc.

M4nuelig0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Boot into Luma3DS Menu holding "select" on boot and see if you have "disable Arm11 exception handlers" enabled. Uncheck it if it is.
Also what's the last you did with the n2dsxl? Were you playing a game, installed a game, have you seen any errors etc.
Last thing I did was play pmd eos on Twilight menu. After saving i turned off the system. Also now am gonna check that arm11 thing

M4nuelig0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You mean you can't access Luma3DS menu when holding select at boot? What about GodMode9 (holding start)?
the menu doesn't boot up and when i press the button to turn the console on it shows the light that is on and then it powers off. maybe because it's on low batter (i am keeping it on this so i can turn it on and off easly without waiting a lot)

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the menu doesn't boot up and when i press the button to turn the console on it shows the light that is on and then it powers off.
Ok.
maybe because it's on low batter (i am keeping it on this so i can turn it on and off easly without waiting a lot)
It's not because of having low battery.. Though it doesn't hurt if you plug it in to charge while doing this.

M4nuelig0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok.

It's not because of having low battery.. Though it doesn't hurt if you plug it in to charge while doing this.
the fact is that even with holding the power button for 15 seconds then 3 it doesn't seem to turn off so if i don't wanna wait until it gets to 0 battery i can do this and wait some seconds unplugging the charge to get it to die

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a hardware issue.
Though we will make sure it's not software related issue first, you will start by testing the sd card with h2testw to make sure it's not faulty or defective. Obviously backup you sd card contents before doing so.
Format the sd card as Fat32 32kb cluster size before and after the test.
- if it passes the test, put all the contents back and place the Luma3DS & GodMode9 files from here onto your sd card, and turn it on again.
- if it fails the test, then it's indeed faulty and you to get a new replacement sd card, and testing it out just the same when you get it.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the fact is that even with holding the power button for 15 seconds then 3
"Then 3" what?
it doesn't seem to turn off so if i don't wanna wait until it gets to 0 battery i can do this and wait some seconds unplugging the charge to get it to die
Not sure what you're talking about here..
Try unplugging the battery for a minute and then put it back.

M4nuelig0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Though we will make sure it's not software related issue first, you will start by testing the sd card with h2testw to make sure it's not faulty or defective. Obviously backup you sd card contents before doing so.
- if it passes the test, put all the contents back and place the Luma3DS & GodMode9 files from here onto your sd card, and turn it on again.
- if it fails the test, then it's indeed faulty and you to get a new replacement sd card, and testing it out just the same when you get it.
you sure i am not gonna loose some stuff? it's not technically my 2ds, it's my little brother's but he lets me use it because he doesn't play that much

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you sure i am not gonna loose some stuff? it's not technically my 2ds, it's my little brother's but he lets me use it because he doesn't play that much

Does the screen backlight come on, and the blue power light shows for a moment, and then there's a pop sound from the speaker and the console turns off?

This happened to me, it was an unseated top-screen ribbon cable.

M4nuelig0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does the screen backlight come on, and the blue power light shows for a moment, and then there's a pop sound from the speaker and the console turns off?

This happened to me, it was an unseated top-screen ribbon cable.
nope just black and no pop sound from speaker, also it keeps on not turns off that happens when i remove the sd card

M4nuelig0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
by here what do you mean? sorry if i wasn't responding but i went to sleep also the test didn't identify any errors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: idk