Hacking A way of Korea wii region success to change 3.2u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Kavid,

Thank you very much for this. I am currently living in Korea and recently got myself a Korean wii. It came with a mod chip and Homebrew. I have also updated it with the American copy of Mario Kart. I have now downloaded your video showing the process.

I just have a few questions before I attempt to change my wii's region using your method. I am not sure what the modchip inside my Korean wii is. Does this make a difference? I'm also not sure what version of homebrew is on my system. Should I update to the latest one? Could you by any chance make it a bit easier to access the required ios' and cios'?

I really appreciate you taking the time to share this.

kavid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
14391988 said:
Hi Kavid,

Thank you very much for this. I am currently living in Korea and recently got myself a Korean wii. It came with a mod chip and Homebrew. I have also updated it with the American copy of Mario Kart. I have now downloaded your video showing the process.

I just have a few questions before I attempt to change my wii's region using your method. I am not sure what the modchip inside my Korean wii is. Does this make a difference? I'm also not sure what version of homebrew is on my system. Should I update to the latest one? Could you by any chance make it a bit easier to access the required ios' and cios'?

I really appreciate you taking the time to share this.
1,I am not sure what the modchip inside my Korean wii is
Dosen't matter. any modchip can work.
2,Does this make a difference?
The same,you only change jumper to usa region
3,I'm also not sure what version of homebrew is on my system
No different!!!!
here hbc latest, 1.0 ver
http://hbc.hackmii.com/dist/the_homebrew_channel-1.0.tar.gz
4,Should I update to the latest one?
You can update hbc to the lastest.
5,Could you by any chance make it a bit easier to access the required ios' and cios'?
I had sent a message to you.

eleison007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello Kavid, thank you for your tuts

i want to ask,

i have a korean wii with wasabi on it and want to change it permanently to NTSC U wii

so i do this:

- update it with mario cart (USA)
- install HBC with TP hack

and i dunno the rest, please guide me, after i install hbc, what next? just run anyregionchanger? can waninkoko regionchanger do it? if i do something wrong will my wii brick?

suchatd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I already brick my korean wii -*- with banner brick

and now I can boot with savemii.
How do i should do to recover my wii?

EDIT:

OK Now I already fix it

Thanks for all

kavid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
eleison007 said:
hello Kavid, thank you for your tuts

i want to ask,

i have a korean wii with wasabi on it and want to change it permanently to NTSC U wii

so i do this:

- update it with mario cart (USA)
- install HBC with TP hack

and i dunno the rest, please guide me, after i install hbc, what next? just run anyregionchanger? can waninkoko regionchanger do it? if i do something wrong will my wii brick?

video?down it

http://www.rayfile.com/en/files/7928b997-c481-11dd-8bdc-0014221b798a/

AnyRegionChanger_local.rar

you must use two different anyregion changer that I posted.
If you install all 3.2v2 ios ,you use gc pad enter maintanance mode ,see a 3.3U,
you can use bootme tools to make autoboot zelda disc ,you fix your brick korea wii.

1. You need a hardware modified Wii. So get yourself a pre-modified DVD drive and connect it (like they did) or get yourself a modchip to solder on or put in if it comes with a WiiClip.
2. You need Mario Kart NTSC-U (Backup or Original does not matter, not brickblocked).. install the update from Mario Kart.. this will already give you the US weather and news channel and it'll install important IOS files on your system so that future things work! Installing the update will take some time!
3. Your Wii will restart - it is still 3.3K! You will see weather and news channels - now remove Mario Kart and insert Legend of Zelda which you'll also require (it seems the NTSC-J version was used).. start Zelda, create a savegame and exit.
4. Go into the Savegame menu and delete the Zelda savegame - now use a Twilight Hack savegame coming from SD card amnd copy it onto your Wii flash - in case of 3.3K use TP Hack 0.1 beta - the inserted SD card should be prepared to have the Homebrew channel installer as boot.dol
5. Start Zelda again - talk to the gui.. and the HBC installer will start!
6. Install the Homebrew channel, reboot and enter it.
7. You'll require the following applications and files on your SD card (those are probaby shipped in the IOS and cIOS WAD packages):
-CIOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
-CIOS36-64-v1042-rev7.wad (Waninkoko's custom IOS)
-IOS11, IOS12, IOS 13, IOS 14, IOS 15, IOS 17, IOS 20, IOS 21, IOS 22, IOS 28, IOS 30, IOS 31, IOS 33, IOS 34, IOS 35, IOS 36, IOS 37, IOS 38, IOS 53, IOS 55, IOS 9 (failed installing in the video)
-Channel File Manager from Cashman
8. Load Channel File Manager
-install all IOS and cIOS WADs
9. If some IOS files didn't succeed installing - don't panic.. reboot your Wii and repeat step 9 just install IOS in opposite order.
-install all remaing IOS and cIOS WADs
Your Wii has now practically all IOS files a 3.3v2 US Wii has
10. Reboot again
11. Load AnyRegion Changer 1.1b
-Set Language Setting to English
-Console Area to USA
-Game Region to USA
-Country Code to 49 (USA)
-System Menu Region to USA
-Save settings!
-Select "Exit to homebrew channel"
12. Reboot to System Menu
13. You'll notice your Wii is semi-bricked... you can't enter the menus!
14. Run AnyRegionChanger_local.rar
-Select "Install System Menu 3.2"
-accept with "Yes"
-PatchMii will start automatically downloading IOS35 and the SystemMenu
--> this will take some time do not cancel!
15. Reboot your Wii - its software now is 100% US!

Some modchips will now require setting them to US region! The wii region is solly decided via software, as your software now is US software you technically have a US Wii now - the only differences to a US Wii are:
-your external serial number (LKM whatever)
-your internal serial number (LUXXXXXX)
other than that! You're a US user now ^^

My email:[email protected]

eleison007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello again kavid

many thx to you, now it is clear for me, the problem is i can't get this .wad files required

-CIOS16-64-v257-prod.wad

and

-CIOS36-64-v1042-rev7.wad

after i get it i ill try it out and let u know

Thx my friend
yaypsp.gif

kavid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
eleison007 said:
hello again kavid

many thx to you, now it is clear for me, the problem is i can't get this .wad files required

-CIOS16-64-v257-prod.wad

and

-CIOS36-64-v1042-rev7.wad

after i get it i ill try it out and let u know

Thx my friend
yaypsp.gif

I had posted a message to you.Please examin

Nautilart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So why is "Non"tindo raping korean gamers so hard? Is to combat rampant piracy or are they just unfairly maximizing their profits and limiting the market through software in the tightly wound communist seclusion that they live in? We dont put up wit dat shit in the real world BIG N
Are they cutting in mr ill jong or what I heard Miyamoto's getting as crazy as that loopy dictator what with his dog hiding his video games from him and come on change the color palate on some of his more unique games and they become pretty nightmarish in my opinion.
Congratulations Korean Gamers and the like! Its good too hear they have a way to better their experiences as profesional gamers in korea. (i heard its a sport there)
Is the system atleast any cheaper or anything in comparison?

GnatGoSplat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Kavid,

I have a Korean Wii I want to fully convert to USA Wii. My Wii does NOT have a mod chip, but it already has HBC 1.01 installed and Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma.
I used Channel File Manager and installed all the IOS files with no problems.

Is it necessary for me to install a mod chip? Because Backup Launcher 0.3 can run Mario Kart NTSC-U.

After running AnyRegion Changer to change the System Menu, will I lose any channels like HBC?

Also, I am not sure I understand... I see AnyRegionChanger_local.rar is a 40MB file, I copy all this to my SD card, but what do I do with AnyRegion_Changer_fix_by_yeahren.dol? Do I replace boot.dol in the AnyRegion_Changer1.1 folder of the SD card? I see you said to use the offline version to install System Menu, which one is the offline version? And I use the other one to set the regions?

Lastly, does my Wii need a network connection to use IOS51 shop updater and Mii Channel updater?

Wiiwu

Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
GnatGoSplat, did you figure out the 2 AnyRegion_Changer, which one is for what exactly? And do I use both or just use this one AnyRegion_Changer_fix_by_yeahren.dol?

GnatGoSplat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiwu said:
GnatGoSplat, did you figure out the 2 AnyRegion_Changer, which one is for what exactly? And do I use both or just use this one AnyRegion_Changer_fix_by_yeahren.dol?

Yes, you need both. You use AnyRegion_Changer_fix_by_yeahren.dol FIRST, it has to be put in a folder under /apps and renamed to boot.dol for HBC to see it. Then you set everything as kavid explained. Once you save and exit back to HBC, then you can use the second AnyRegion, the 40MB one. Be sure the folder structure on your SD card is the same as the .rar file. This one is the one you use to install System Menu 3.2U, it takes some time, 10-15 minutes I think.

It actually doesn't hurt to run the wrong one first, because you'll get an error if you run the 2nd one first. After you've run the AnyRegion by yeahren and saved it, only then will the second one work.

Ess_uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great, Changed system menu from 3.3k to 3.2u.

Thanks so much for the tutorial, links to video and files.

The downgrade did flip out for a little bit when I realised I hadn't put the extra IOS folder in the root of the SD.

I completed the task using a Korean Wii, Flatmii (in standalone mode) and all the software/HBC/apps/IOS/CIOS needed.

I'll try to answer any questions regarding the above setup.

cheers Spen720

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wong_wong said:
Any guide to change 3.2 japan version to 3.2 us version ? or is it the same with this guide ?

just change everything on the settings to USA and then save, after that system menu need to be changed at USA 3.2U and then hit GO, that's all......well delete the japanese channels and install the USA ones, and use the WiiShop/IOS51 installer to have access to the wiishop channel without upgrading to 3.4...!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/5fQHvL6iO5k?si=1qrkapNMcghUj07-