Hacking Banner Editing Tutorial

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I got myself a black banner with no sound.
gbasp.gif

I don't think that was suppose to happen. XD

I'll try again another time when it's no so late.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I still only get the cert, tik, tmd and trailer when unpacking. I know that the trailer is actually 00.app, so I can do everything that involves editing the banner. Though I can't repack the WAD since I don't have 01-06.app. Suggestions?

Sperion

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bobitos said:
I still only get the cert, tik, tmd and trailer when unpacking. I know that the trailer is actually 00.app, so I can do everything that involves editing the banner. Though I can't repack the WAD since I don't have 01-06.app. Suggestions?
Put a common-key.bin in the folder and try unpacking again

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bobitos said:
Like Sperion said put a common-key.bin in there, also i had this problem and found two fixes, first i had to use the spanish tools, english one did same thing for me. second i put the tools folder on my C:\ root of the drive, like in autoinjectuwad, it did the trick

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here is how to fix the English banner tools so that the shortcut for Wad Packer and Wad Unpacker work:

be sure to have the folder "english_bannertools" on your desktop

Right click the "Wad Packer" shortcut and select Properties
In "Target" and "Start in" replace "Abed" with your computer username, the one you log on your computer with.
In "Target" and "Start in" delete "waduninstaller\"

Right click the "Wad Unpacker" shortcut and select Properties
In "Target" and "Start in" replace "Abed" with your computer username, the one you log on your computer with.
In "Target" and "Start in" delete "waduninstaller\"

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Alright, using Badge's tutorial with the 00.app from Sperion (Post #91), I was able to get a working banner for Double Dragon II (NES). On my second attempt, I tried a SNES game and tried editing the banner.brlyt, but have bricked my Wii.

I get the health screen, so I know JP has some sort of fix for it, so does anyone know what that is?

EDIT: I found JP's ISO: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=90035&st=30 I don't have time to try it till Sunday. So we'll hope for the best
smile.gif

DaWiis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.diemetrix.net
XP
Country
Norway
Finlay I'w done it. And I mean done it real good. Been making a snes banner.
I now have correct icon, correct banner, correct year, correct number of players and correct name.
Going over to making the save screen banners now.

Tnx again all those who help update those tuts
wink.gif

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
can anyone fix the english banner tools? WB3000 is to selfish to fix it.
QUOTEIn "Target" and "Start in" replace "Abed" with your computer username, the one you log on your computer with.

I'm sorry, I guess I'm to selfish to fix someone else's pack of these tools. That is deba94's repack, hence the username "Abed" is reverse of "Deba". If you want a repack of his version ask him.

deba94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry bout that WB3000, I'll reupload the packs.

Btw, I think you were the only person to notice Abed backwards is deba
tongue.gif
Thanks again for translating the tools though
smile.gif

And for the tutorial, it should be updated by the end of the day
wink.gif

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?xmnqhanzcgz

These tools are pretty much spotless... I've fixed the problem with the short cuts (removed them entirely, really). PLUS I've fixed the problem with the unpacker where it wouldn't give output files of .app
wink.gif
. The pack is at a version 0.5 because i may be updating it with sperion's .app files. If anyone finds anymore problems with the tools, please post here.

Enjoy!

deba94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to edit the banner.brlan in the anim folder inside the banner.bin. It's a very long and difficult process that is nearly impossible to explain. So unless someone releases a tool that will convert .gif to .brlan, don't expect it in the tutorial
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +2