deba94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Prime: .gifs won't work
tongue.gif
you need to edit the banner.brlan file in the banner.bin file. It's an extremely complicated process and i have yet to perfect it =P.

As for the package, I'll see whats happening. I didn't edit and files in the folder, i just hid a few and made a shortcut to the .bat files. If i don't get an updated pack soon, just delete the shortcuts and unhide the .bat files
wink.gif

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I found the problem, the wad packer and unpacker have don't have correct "Targets" and maybe the "Start in" properties. WB3000 messed those up.

I'm trying to fix it for myself but i keep getting errors :/ i don't have a clue

DaWiis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.diemetrix.net
XP
Country
Norway
ZombiePosessor said:
I do everything exactly as you do, and I just get a donkey kong country 2 (thats the hacked vc wad i'm using) icon, just like it always has been for me, with a black banner tho, like the wad installer channel had.

I still get the same problem as you.
I brick my wii trying to fix that problem. (Jayparadox helped me fix my wii)

When we are done, will the game show up as a snes game in the wii menu?

Sperion

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so did anyone make some progres with the black vc banner?

edit

i maded some progres on this one, but not enought to post yet, im testing it now if ive got it working i will make a tutorial.
ill keep you guys informed

edit2

ok ive got them working
biggrin.gif
what you need to do is extract the banner.bin and icon.bin (read the tutorial) edit the images and instead of repacking them in those archives repack them in this one (This is the Snes one, i will try making the other ones later today) http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=OMZHXY6N. then repack the 00000000.app file and do the rest of the tutorial and you will have custom banners and icons ^^.

Now if somebody can help me on how to edit the savegame image and the manual im an happy man

Sperion

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NIMIKQ said:
Hey Sperion, could you post a picture of that working banner. Just curious as to how it looks^_^

sure i will make one today but first im gona get some rest (its 4:44am here so im kinda tired:P)

edit

here are the pics:

foto013xj6.jpg

foto014br8.jpg

foto015xx1.jpg

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you solved the problem deba94?

i want to test my skills on editing the icon but i can't with the broken wad pack and unpacker

EDIT: Right, i got it working:

For people who are having problems unpacking and packing the wad with the english tools.

1: Temporarily make your computer show hidden files (in vista - press Alt, Click tools, Folder options, View, click on "show hidden files and folders", click ok)
2: Find "WAD Packer" it should be a batch file, right click it and click hidden so there isn't a tick beside it anymore, click ok to exit the window.
3: Find "wadunpacker" is also should be a batch file, right click it and click hidden so there isn't a tick beside it anymore, click ok to exit the window.
4: Find the shortcuts "Wad Packer" and "Wad Unpacker", delect them.
5: Now make you computer not show hidden files (in vista - press Alt, Click tools, Folder options, View, click on "Do not show hidden files and folders", click ok)
6: You can not unpack .wads and pack them using those files you un-hid

EDIT: My way of getting it to work doesn't work, the wad extracter doesn't extract all the files i think

untouchablestyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone found a solution to the ret -4100 error I still seem to be getting that when I try to install. I have followed the instructions very carefully.

Sperion

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Editing the Banner for Virtual Console NEW:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EDWHX194 extra needed tools
Follow these steps:
1. Put the WAD you wish to edit inside the folder named “Tools” and rename it to “in.wad”
Image:

2. Run the unpacker (Desempaquetador) and it will create a folder with the WAD unpacked.
Image:
65251763xf0.jpg

3. Delete the 00000000.app file and replace it with one from the download. (nes for nes, snes for snes, etc etc)
4. Double click u8extr.exe and point it towards the 00000000.app file in the new folder created by the unpacker. It will create a new folder called 00000000_app_out.
Image:

5. Double click u8extr.exe and point it towards the banner.bin file in the 00000000_app_out folder. It will create a new folder called banner_bin_out.

6. Open tplconv.exe, and click "Read image" (Leer Imagen) and find the image you wish to use for your Virtual Console Banner (IMPORTANT: The image MUST be 256x192 pixels).
Image:

6.1. Now press "Save TPL" (Guardar TPL) and overwrite the file VCPic.tpl located in the Timgad folder which is in the banner_arc_out folder.
Image:

7. Now, open the u8pack.exe and click “Open File” (Abrir archivo). Select the banner.bin file located in “tools”.

7.1. Highlight VCPic.tpl and click "Add File" (Añadir archivo).

7.2. Select the VCPic.tpl changed in step 5.1 and click "Yes" (Sí) to overwrite.
Image:

7.3. Under "U8 type" (Tipo de U8) select "U8 file signed with MD5" (Archivo U8 firmado con MD5).

7.4. Click "Create Archive" (Crear archivo) and overwrite the banner.bin file in the “tools” folder.
Image:

7. Now, delete the “banner.bin” file inside the “tools” folder.

7.1 In the command prompt again, type “gbalzss e banner.arc banner.bin”.

8. Click “Open File” (Abrir archivo), and select 00000000.app in the unpacked WAD folder.

8.1. Highlight banner.bin and click "Add File" (Añadir archivo).

8.2. Select the banner.bin and click "Yes" (Sí) to overwrite.
Image:

8.3. Under "U8 type" (Tipo de U8) select "U8 file with Banner and with MD5" (Archivo U8 con Banner Info con MD5).

8.4. In the “channel name” (Nombre canal) text bars, you can name your channel to what ever you would like. (Do NOT touch the MD5 hash bar).

8.5. Click "Create Archive" (Crear archivo) and overwrite the 00000000.app file in the unpacked WAD folder.
Image:

Image:

9. Copy all the FILES (not folders) that are in the unpacked WAD folder (app, cert, tik, TMD, trailer) and paste them into the main folder (tools).
Image:

10. Click the Wad Packer (Empaquetador) and you should get a file called out.wad.
Image:

11. Install it on the Wii through the WAD Manager.

Deba94 can you update the First Post

deba94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
badboy08 said:
Very good Tutorial Sperion thank you
Sperion just wrote down what i had on the first page...
Prime: I'll get right on it
Sperion: Don't get me wrong, i really appreciate the help. But in the post you just made, it looks exactly the same as mine
wacko.gif
. I'm going to try your method when i get back today and confirm everything... If all goes well, I'll update the tutorial
smile.gif

Thanks again.

Edit: SPANISH TOOLS
http://www.mediafire.com/?yyjulmrzugi

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you ever think the english tools will get fixed?

EDIT: Erm, before i end up bricking my wii:

In the icon guide:
QUOTE said:
6.4. Click "Create Archive" (Crear archivo) and overwrite the banner.bin file in the 00000000_app_out folder.

you mean overwrite the icon.bin? because we are working with the icon, you are not touching the banner in the icon guide and you unpacked the icon at the start not the banner.

and:

QUOTEFollow steps 7.1 through 10 for “Editing the Banner” to finish off the WAD.

why follow those steps? they are replacing the banner. don't you mean steps 8 through 10?

Badges

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great tutorial, but there a some unnecessary steps. I do a little cleanup...
Kudos to deba94 and Sperion

These steps are working now!!!

1. Put the WAD you wish to edit inside the folder named “Tools” and rename it to “in.wad”
17533128sv5.jpg

2. Run the unpacker (Desempaquetador) and it will create a folder with the WAD unpacked.
65251763xf0.jpg

3. Delete the 00000000.app file and replace it with one from the download. (nes for nes, snes for snes, etc etc)

4. Double click u8extr.exe and point it towards the 00000000.app file in the new folder created by the unpacker. It will create a new folder called 00000000_app_out.
54229568kp5.jpg

4.1. Copy the banner.bin or icon.bin to the tools folder
bild3oc6.jpg

5. Double click u8extr.exe and point it towards the banner.bin file in the 00000000_app_out folder. It will create a new folder called banner_bin_out.

6. Open tplconv.exe, and click "Read image" (Leer Imagen) and find the image you wish to use for your Virtual Console Banner (IMPORTANT: The banner image MUST be 256x192 pixels - icon image MUST be 128x96 pixels).
tplgbalzssol3.jpg

6.1. Now press "Save TPL" (Guardar TPL) and overwrite the file VCPic.tpl (Banner) or IconVCPic.tpl (Icon) located in the timg folder which is in the banner_bin_out or icon_bin_out folder.

7. Now, open the u8pack.exe and click “Open File” (Abrir archivo). Select the banner.bin or icon.bin file located in “tools”.

7.1. Highlight VCPic.tpl or IconVCPic.tpl and click "Add a File" (Añadir archivo).

7.2. Select the VCPic.tpl or IconVCPic.tpl changed in step 6 and click "Yes" (Sí) to overwrite.
6272fl6.jpg

7.3. Under "U8 type" (Tipo de U8) select "Firmware U8 Archive w/MD5" (Archivo U8 firmado con MD5).

7.4. Click "Create Archive" (Crear archivo) and overwrite the banner.bin or icon.bin file in the “tools” folder.
u8packgbalzssvc4.jpg

8. Click “Open File” (Abrir archivo), and select 00000000.app in the unpacked WAD folder.

8.1. Highlight banner.bin or icon.bin and click "Add File" (Añadir archivo).

8.2. Select the banner.bin or icon.bin and click "Yes" (Sí) to overwrite.
6272fl6.jpg

8.3. Under "U8 type" (Tipo de U8) select "U8 file with Banner and with MD5" (Archivo U8 con Banner Info con MD5).

8.4. In the “channel name” (Nombre canal) text bars, you can name your channel to what ever you would like. (Do NOT touch the MD5 hash bar).

8.5. Click "Create Archive" (Crear archivo) and overwrite the 00000000.app file in the unpacked WAD folder.
bannerbinreplacegbalzsspj2.jpg

752zd9.jpg

9. Copy all the FILES (not folders) that are in the unpacked WAD folder (app, cert, tik, TMD, trailer) and paste them into the main folder (tools).
69838019tm2.jpg

10. Click the Wad Packer (Empaquetador) and you should get a file called out.wad.
20378183bd5.jpg

11. Install it on the Wii through the WAD Manager.

Banner:
pic0045rn5.jpg

AN is german and means On...
wink.gif

Icon:
pic0046bh6.jpg

GBAtemp
smile.gif

pic0052zx9.jpg

NIMIKQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can confirm that this method works. I just got a new banner working this morning. I imagine that the icon and the savegame images are simular, so hacked versions of those should work. Unless they arent lzss compressed ( I haven't looked at them, but I think the process is the same)

Sperion

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
deba94 said:
badboy08 said:
Very good Tutorial Sperion thank you
Sperion just wrote down what i had on the first page...
Sperion: Don't get me wrong, i really appreciate the help. But in the post you just made, it looks exactly the same as mine
wacko.gif
. I'm going to try your method when i get back today and confirm everything... If all goes well, I'll update the tutorial
smile.gif

Thanks again.

I dont take any credits for the the tutorial
tongue.gif
but there are some diferences between the 2 posts. Not much but just enough to get the banners and icon to work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wokey d pronouns when woku walks in

"CALL ME THEY SLASH THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM"
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlLG4NKrE1A