ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deba94 said:
I can upload to any server you would like
smile.gif

Anything specific? (I'm uploading to megaupload and rapidshare now.)

It doesn't matter, as long as there's a rapidshare alternative.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deba94 said:
Updated link

Skater4599: Could you post a log just as NL_Patrick_D did? It would help me spot your erros a lot quicker
smile.gif

absolutely i will. First off im using an NTSC-U version of Harvest Moon with Super Punch-Out!! injected (this plays fine on my wii as is just wrong banners)
> unpack wad
>u8extr 000000.app to get 000000.app folder with banner,icon.bin
>copy banner.bin to tools folder and gbalzss d banner.bin banner.arc
>u8extr banner.arc
>tplconv my img(256x192) into folder VCpic.tpl
>delete banner.bin from tools folder
>u8pack tpl into banner.arc, and gbalzss e banner.arc banner.bin
>u8pack banner.bin into 0000.app and pack back into wad
all says done correctly, same window everything from pics from your tutorials but just wont install, i even found the names/savegame files, release date, everything i just cant get it packed back correctly and to install.
hate2.gif

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deba94 said:
Done: http://rapidshare.com/files/121092348/toolsfixed.zip.html

I'll be working on the video tutorial now for editing homebrew banners. May take a few minutes so dont expect anymore quick replys
tongue.gif

If you can, you should make a vid of a VC game, it seems to be (correct me if im wrong) but most have been able to get the homebrew one working no problems, but alot are having trouble with the VC side. At lease is the case with me
wacko.gif

deba94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Skater4599 said:
deba94 said:
Done: http://rapidshare.com/files/121092348/toolsfixed.zip.html

I'll be working on the video tutorial now for editing homebrew banners. May take a few minutes so dont expect anymore quick replys
tongue.gif

If you can, you should make a vid of a VC game, it seems to be (correct me if im wrong) but most have been able to get the homebrew one working no problems, but alot are having trouble with the VC side. At lease is the case with me
wacko.gif
Lol, ok sure. It may take some more time, though, I'll get it done
smile.gif

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
watched your vid, thats what i did exactly lol. i dont know why im having trouble but NOTHING i unpack and pack again, even if i dont edit anything, simply unpack then pack will even install on my wii
frown.gif
all im trying to do is put a super punch-out pic i have into the banner, i resized it and everything. Any help? ;

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do everything exactly as you do, and I just get a donkey kong country 2 (thats the hacked vc wad i'm using) icon, just like it always has been for me, with a black banner tho, like the wad installer channel had.

deba94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ZombiePosessor said:
I do everything exactly as you do, and I just get a donkey kong country 2 (thats the hacked vc wad i'm using) icon, just like it always has been for me, with a black banner tho, like the wad installer channel had.
The video tutorial just shows editing the banner (I'm working on writing the Icon tutorial
wink.gif
) A friend of mine attempted the tutorial also and got a black banner.... Though the one I made, actually changed the image. I'll have to look into the steps a bit more, see if i could clarify anything. Thanks for all the info everyone
smile.gif

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nevermind my question, i later found out.

Anyways i done it!

I made my own banner for the wad installer channel. It wasn't so hard and i didn't brick my console or anything!

MrTijo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone,
I try to put a custom image on SFII turbo VC game.
i'have follow all the tutorial but i get a black screen on my wii.
The picture i used provide from Photoshop, so i try to open it in paint and re-save it (.jpg 256x192) before trasform it in .TPL but nothing always a black screen.
Someone i've found solution for this or i will continue ti try with another wad title?

deba94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Prime: Nice work! Any pictures of your new banner?
wink.gif

MrTijo: The tutorial seems to be screwing up somewhere. I'll be updating it later today with easier steps, more pictures and an icon editing tutorial for VC games.
smile.gif

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
deba94 said:
Prime: Nice work! Any images of your banner
wink.gif

MrTijo: The tutorial seems to be screwing up somewhere. I'll be updating it later today with easier steps, more pictures and an icon editing tutorial for VC games.
smile.gif

No sorry, i was only testing it and made a simple image (white bg, black text)

When i have the time i will make a nice one.

I have a question: What image appears when you view the channel from the menu? as in not clicking on the channel. a smaller size of the banner?

deba94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That would be the icon image, you need to make that with icon.bin. Use the same steps for banner.bin, but make sure your image sizes are correct. If not... You will be bricked...

Just follow the tutorial and you'll do fine
smile.gif

MrTijo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
deba94 said:
Prime: Nice work! Any pictures of your new banner?
wink.gif

smile.gif
Thx but it's strange, i try to make one for a while, i have used a lot of different tutorial and always get a black screen.

Is the format image ( .gif .bmp .jpg) important in tplconv.exe, what are you currently use?

Also i change the ticket name when i pack the wad with the "-i xxxx" option, can this screw the operation?

i will continue investigating to found where is the problem. Thx for your help.

MrTijo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Prime said:
What size is the icon.bin?

Another question: The only possible way to get bricked doing this is using the wrong sizes for the banner and icon?

128x96.

To know the size just use tplx.exe on the .tpl you need and look up at the size of the .jpg.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The NES launched at like 250 and the rob and light gun kit was like 350 or something