Hacking Can anyone help me identify these Wii-U files?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the important file is the ticket. content files are still downloadable for the wii, except the ticket gives a 404 error. I don't think you can decrypt the raw files without the ticket. I'm assuming that someone downloaded them encrypted, because encrypted files on the wii at least have no extension. they require the ticket.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you may be able to use cdecrypt, but that may decrypt content into code/content/meta. I have no experience with it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
the important file is the ticket. content files are still downloadable for the wii, except the ticket gives a 404 error. I don't think you can decrypt the raw files without the ticket. I'm assuming that someone downloaded them encrypted, because encrypted files on the wii at least have no extension. they require the ticket.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you may be able to use cdecrypt, but that may decrypt content into code/content/meta. I have no experience with it.
The ticket for eShop titles is faked. A program like Wii U Backup Manager does that for you.
They're missing the .h3 files that contain the content hashes.
From what I understand, no, the .h3 files just don't exist on CDN.
It doesn't even have any .app files. I don't think those are in the same format at all.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, but I think the original ticket needs to be done as base. that's why we can't create a fake ticket that looks legit on the wii u. the only part that the fake ticket changes is the user section, which is at the beginning of the ticket.

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
I worked on and provided bug fixes for FunkiiU and I wrote Funkii-UI. I know the inner workings of these two downloaders VERY well. I'm also currently working on a Python based multi-tool for WiiU. I also recently assisted V10lator with a small bug in NUSspli where it wasn't downloading all the .h3 files from NUS therefore the content wouldn't install. I promise you, .h3 files do exist on NUS

Let me clear some confusion:
1: Encrypted files on NUS do not have the .app file extension so that is more than likely what you have.
2: NUS downloaders add the .app extension to the downloaded files when saving them.
3: You are missing the .h3 hash files.
4: You also need title.tik and title.cert
5: You need to rename tmd to title.tmd.
6: Don't download shifty torrents and expect a ton of help around here. We literally have no clue what you've download. We recommend NUS downloaders because they're grabbing the correct files from the server and generating/obtaining the other files for you. They will contain everything you need to install on the console and/or decrypt.

If you are so worried about preservation then use a NUS downloader and archive what you want to preserve.

XRGBFanatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have title.tik from a separate torrent but no sign of title.cert, nor the h3 files.

Guess these files are useless then, ah well. As previously stated my aim was to make sure I had access to all the content after the eShop closed down, so that would mean downloading everything with USB helper. I've already downloaded all titles I purchased and patches for the games I play at the moment.

Thank you for clearing it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1