Hacking cMIOS rev5 out now

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I could always run pal pokemon vale of darkness fine with old custom mios. Only Game i had trouble with was having both metal gear solid discs on 1. Tested Paper Mario, Sunshine, Melee, Wario World, Luigis Mansion. All played fine
smile.gif
. Was going to try other bases, but NUS is timing out on me ??

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Tested Action Replay v1.14 PAL:
Partially works.
Technically, it works, but it will only work with legit games.
WiiGator's cMIOS can get it working with backups using the reloader function, but wanin's doesn't have that feature...

You need the action replay save file on memcard in slot B, and you need to switch the AR disc with the legit game disc before selecting the codes.

...and that's all the GC games I can test for now.

wishmasterf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
da_letter_a said:
Tested Action Replay v1.14 PAL:
Partially works.
Technically, it works, but it will only work with legit games.
WiiGator's cMIOS can get it working with backups using the reloader function, but wanin's doesn't have that feature...

You need the action replay save file on memcard in slot B, and you need to switch the AR disc with the legit game disc before selecting the codes.

...and that's all the GC games I can test for now.

So whats your result? which cMIOS has more compatibility? What the difference when using other versions of mios? is there any difference in compatibility?

damysteryman

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, wanin's has some minor improvements, but I would stick with WiiGator's for the time being. It's still got better compatibilty.

damysteryman

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, I never used wanin's cMIOS before rev5, I used WiiGator's, so these answers may be a bit in comparison to WiiGator's:

WiiGator's couldn't play Pokemon XD by default, you had to use "B for patched MIOS" to get it working, but it works with this cmios.

And some games like Pokemon Channel now use the correct date.

Other than that, I really don't know, and asking wanin won't help, because according to his twitter, not even he remembers what modifications he made from rev3 to rev4, and rev5 seems to be rev4 with some minor changes.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
da_letter_a said:
Well, I never used wanin's cMIOS before rev5, I used WiiGator's, so these answers may be a bit in comparison to WiiGator's:

WiiGator's couldn't play Pokemon XD by default, you had to use "B for patched MIOS" to get it working, but it works with this cmios.

And some games like Pokemon Channel now use the correct date.

Other than that, I really don't know, and asking wanin won't help, because according to his twitter, not even he remembers what modifications he made from rev3 to rev4, and rev5 seems to be rev4 with some minor changes.
Ive not tried pokemon xD but my games have only ever worked with the press b for patched mios thing, otherise they are really glitchy and dont work at all.

damysteryman

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My opinion, go with WiiGator's GC Backup Launcher 0.2 (patched into MIOS v4) for now.

Lets hope that wanin can make his cmios surpass WiiGator's GC BL 0.2.

@Waninkoko
I'm sure you already know, but WiiGator's GC BL 0.2 is open source under GPL licsence, I just can't remember where to find it (I have a copy of WiiGator's GC BL 0.2 source on my computer). Maybe try combining it with your cMIOS?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, the new revolution would be a custom BC (cBC), which allows the Wii to switch to GC Mode with enabled USB since MIOS has nothing to do with the GC mode, but only to start GC games.

What do you think coders?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
WiiBricker said:
Well, the new revolution would be a custom BC (cBC), which allows the Wii to switch to GC Mode with enabled USB since MIOS has nothing to do with the GC mode, but only to start GC games.

The MIOS is the thing that disables the hardware, so yes it does have something to do with GC mode...

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
tj_cool said:
WiiBricker said:

The MIOS is the thing that disables the hardware, so yes it does have something to do with GC mode...

Yeah, but the only reason for its existence is to run GC games. Nothing else. While playing a GC game, MIOS is disabled, so we need to modify the GC mode

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
tj_cool said:
WiiBricker said:

Yeah, but the only reason for its existence is to run GC games. Nothing else. While playing a GC game, MIOS is disabled, so we need to modify the GC mode
Well, from what I've gathered, that's true. MIOS loads boot2 which in turn loads BC.

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
WiiBricker said:

I think you don't even know what you are talking about.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sonic4Ever said:
WiiBricker said:

I think you don't even know what you are talking about.

You think wrong..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER