Homebrew Color palette fix for FCE Ultra GX?

Chaos Rush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed when playing Super Mario Bros. on Virtual Console, then playing Super Mario Bros. on FCE Ultra GX, that the colors on FCE Ultra are significantly brighter than Virtual Console, it hurts my eyes. I looked up comparisons on Youtube, and the Virtual Console colors are more accurate to how it would look on an actual NES/Famicom.

Is there any color mod or fix for FCE Ultra? Yes, I am aware that there are palette options in-game, but none of them look as good as Nintendo's Virtual Console emulator for NES/Famicom games. I can't stand playing NES games on FCE Ultra because the colors are ridiculously bright and eye-straining.

EDIT: Also this is less important, but is there any way to disable the "turbo mode" trigger on both FCE Ultra GX and Snes9xGx? I would like to disable it so I'm not tempted to use it XD (I've seriously considered modding one of my classic controllers and removing the analog sticks just so I can't use turbo mode)

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lower your brightness.
That won't fix the colors to how it would look on an actual NES/Famicom. The emulator for Virtual Console also desaturates the colors to match how the NES/Famicom looked with its analog signals.
i hought you said the problems were they were too bright.
try lowering your brightness and tyr the color fix things.
if that doesn't work then play oin your wii.

Chaos Rush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lower your brightness.
That won't fix the colors to how it would look on an actual NES/Famicom. The emulator for Virtual Console also desaturates the colors to match how the NES/Famicom looked with its analog signals.
i hought you said the problems were they were too bright.
try lowering your brightness and tyr the color fix things.
if that doesn't work then play oin your wii.
I don't know what "play oin your wii" means.

And I'm not going to f*ck up my TV colors just to play FCE Ultra GX, since the VC emulator is proof that it's totally unnecessary. All I'm wondering is if there's a palette mod/option of FCE Ultra where it looks identical to Nintendo's NES/Famicom emulator. Normally I would buy the games on Virtual Console, but I like to play rom hacks and unofficial games (like Earth Bound Zero)

Chaos Rush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically I'm wondering if there's anything that will let me do this:
wlat8n.png

Left: eye-straining, inaccurate, ugly
Right: epic

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could try the differents palletes that comes with the emulator, but none of them with help in lower the saturation/brightness that much
dunno if there's any way to add custom palletes

Chaos Rush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could try the differents palletes that comes with the emulator, but none of them with help in lower the saturation/brightness that much
dunno if there's any way to add custom palletes
Been there, done that.
Is there any color mod or fix for FCE Ultra? Yes, I am aware that there are palette options in-game, but none of them look as good as Nintendo's Virtual Console emulator for NES/Famicom games. I can't stand playing NES games on FCE Ultra because the colors are ridiculously bright and eye-straining.

D

Deleted-236924

Edit: NVM, I thought you meant FCEUX on PC and didn't notice it was in the Wii section.
But for FCEUX on PC, you would have to use the special scaler "NTSC 2x" (though it makes my computer lag pretty bad.)
Otherwise, you could use another emulator (VirtuaNES is nice, though it's not the best) and just enable scanlines and maybe TV mode.

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
We need something like this:

0JStnz1.jpg

I'm just waiting for newest Nestopia version for Retroarch Wii, latest changelog shows that the NTSC filter was fixed. If I can modify the internal palette with my custom palette (look at the image) we are going to experience a nice or even better visual emulation than NES on the virtual console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Where do I sign up? I'll be a Guinea pig. +1