• Total voters

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also a little shocked at the numbers of the poll at this point!

17 smokers, and 6 quitters (Congrats to you 6, by the way. Ending any addiction is quite the task! Good work
smile.gif
) and 88 non-smokers.

Yet, there are 54 people that understand why people smoke? Even though only 23 people smoke? Looks like theres a few confused souls in here. Some people CAN understand w/out doing, but more people understand why people smoke than actually smoke? (over half of the "understanders" are non smokers.) Well alright then!

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to add one note to all these young kids. I worked for 2 years at a nursing home. I've seen how it is when you're 80 years old (or older) and you cannot feed yourself and you poop in a diaper and you're suffering from alzheimer's or dementia. Some people just want to live fast and die young. That's their prerogative. If you want to live to be 100 years old, that's your prerogative. I started smoking because my friends offered me cigarettes when we would go and drink or get high (it's all poison anyway). I really never planned my life past 30 because I couldn't envision it in my head. Now that I'm 34 and I have a wife and family, my life has obviously changed. My priorities have changed. I don't want to smoke anymore. That's my prerogative. Also, my wife used to smoke and she quit. It's a bad habit for the most part. It's gratifying when you're doing it, but the feeling doesn't last very long. I don't want either of my kids to ever smoke. I'll try my best to educate them from my own experiences. You really don't know you're addicted until it's too late.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope, and I'll never understand why people do.

If you do it to look grown-up or cool, then I have nothing to say to you.

If you do it 'because it helps', then you're as bad as a self-harmer. Trying to solve your problems by making more for yourself.

If you do it because you enjoy it, I don't understand that, but as long as you don't make me breathe your smoke then I don't care. Each to their own.

Translucentbill

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Sinkhead said:
Nope, and I'll never understand why people do.

If you do it to look grown-up or cool, then I have nothing to say to you.

If you do it 'because it helps', then you're as bad as a self-harmer. Trying to solve your problems by making more for yourself.

If you do it because you enjoy it, I don't understand that, but as long as you don't make me breathe your smoke then I don't care. Each to their own.

Well, as bad as the SH smoke smells, it doesn't taste the same. Depending on the cigarette/cigar it can taste very good, and its also relaxing when you inhale all of that and exhale it. I don't crave cigarettes or nicotine, but i do smoke the occasional cigarette/cigar at a party, or hit the bowl with a few of my friends
wink.gif

EDIT: also i dont smoke to "look cool" or "feel grown up" i smoke because i like it
tongue.gif

superkris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I stop smoking more than 5 years ago and still thinks about it every-damn-day...

Wish it was illegal. Can't belive my government perceive taxes on a poison that makes people sick and kills others.
Then, I have to pay for them to get treated...

And Pot is illegal, go figure!

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkyintheSea said:
My rants:
The majority of you guys are non smokers, under 18 and kids, stop hating on smokers it shows what kind of person you are for saying that. Like the saying, don't hate the player hate the game. Hate on the cigarettes that is the major reason why people smoke. If they didn't produce cigs then people wouldn't smoke and if you simply DO NOT understand why people smoke. It develops from, drug abuse, stress, depression, and if your friends do it. After that phase you are contempt to keep smoking unless you quit. End of story.
mad.gif
Great post. I really hate when people look down on others because they smoke or something. I don't consider myself a smoker (I've done it a few times, and am in no way addicted), but people are way too quick to judge others when it comes to something like smoking.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't smoke and I don't get why people smoke (well, atleast I don't really get why they choose to smoke instead of doing other things).
But I'm okay with people who smoke, after all it's their own decision.
smile.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
WildWon said:
Yet, there are 54 people that understand why people smoke? Even though only 23 people smoke? Looks like theres a few confused souls in here. Some people CAN understand w/out doing, but more people understand why people smoke than actually smoke? (over half of the "understanders" are non smokers.)
It's not hard to figure out, understanding why people smoke doesn't mean I think it's a good idea
smile.gif

I'm a very tolerant person by nature, I don't mind if people smoke around me. Oh, except that one time when I'd just got over a nasty cough and the person opposite me in a club did 5 in the space of 4 hours, it brought my cough back.
frown.gif
But I wouldn't try it.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Every time I see someone smoking, I feel mad at the person and I think "that's so gross", and than I pity the person because they're choosing an early death instead of a long life, and than I get all steamed at the cigarette companies who are putting more nicotine in there cigs so people will not be able to quit as easily. These companies are literally murdering thousands just for the sake of greenbacks. It's disgusting. Absolutely terrible.

I've never smoked and I never will.

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I smoke pot about every 3 days or something, but I'm starting to get a tolerance to it so I'll prob end up quitting in about a month cuz I'll prob be bored of it.

I've had two cigarettes, I don't really see the point, it's not really fun at all.
But my best friend (who smokes pot and cig) calls cigs a "chill thing"

so yea. I don't really care if people smoke, or smoke around me for that matter.

"Who the hell wants to be 90 anyways?"

controlio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
i smoke...when i have weed i dont smoke that much cigarettes...when i dont have weed...i smoke too much cigarettes...also, when i'am out for drinking i smoke allot...i have a bad lifestyle...but i like it
wink.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
knilsilooc said:
So, what happens to your body if you stop smoking right now? This.
Thing is, quitting all at once like that doesn't happen unless you lock yourself in a room and flush the key down the toilet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: m