• Total voters

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bangbanger said:
I also said a few times I do not smoke ;-)
Sorry I didn't mean to post that you did.
wacko.gif
Goes to edit post.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't smoke/never have, don't understand why people start, and it honestly affects others as well as the person in question.

Both my folks do, by the way.

As for people starting up...well, I presume it to be something along the lines of wanting to look cool or peer pressure. I have no idea, and it bothers me.

SkyintheSea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started smoking since I was about 14 and was addicted at 15, I stopped a month ago now i'm 18. Feels great to quit smoking. When you smoke your whole look on life is different, because you always have to depend on a cigarette to get you through many things. I understand why smokers smoke. It's more on the mental side, not a hobby, not because it's cool or because of peer pressure. You have to do it, because your brain is contempt to smoke and you need that nicotine in your system.

For all the smokers out there who's reading this. Try to quit asap, it's extremely difficult the first few weeks, but once you stop you will find yourself doing other things, less lazy, breath better, more energy, etc... that's only a few things.

Try to chew gum instead of smoking a cigarette. For every cig you smoke chew a piece of gum instead. It works!

My rants:
The majority of you guys are non smokers, under 18 and kids, stop hating on smokers it shows what kind of person you are for saying that. Like the saying, don't hate the player hate the game. Hate on the cigarettes that is the major reason why people smoke. If they didn't produce cigs then people wouldn't smoke and if you simply DO NOT understand why people smoke. It develops from, drug abuse, stress, depression, and if your friends do it. After that phase you are contempt to keep smoking unless you quit. End of story.
mad.gif

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shichibukai said:
I mean if you smoke go play chicken in the road and stop contaminating others
Sure thing....... once all the car drivers do the same
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Raven Darkheart @ Oct 1 2008, 04:22 PM) smoking is for those that want to kill themselves
Naive, and untrue.

Also, don't forget how much revenue smokers put into the Government coffers, especially in the UK. They are paying for your tax cuts, health service, benefits, schools, Police, Fire department etc etc etc. Why on earth do you think governments don't ban it, if it's so dangerous to health ?

Mooooooolllllllaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh , thats why.

ALSO, obesity is much more of a problem for our NHS now than smoking - so next time I see one of you pesky kids chomping on a Mickey D's I will slap you round the head for being so selfish and unconcerned about your health. And it DOES harm me...... I can't stand looking at fatties !!!!!

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh. Hypocrisy, they name is Tempers.

I'm a smoker. Both cigs and "others."

I'm not going to argue the health sides and I'm not going to argue the ignorant side (Ignorance is "not understanding." The phrase "You're ignorant," has taken on such a new use that is so far removed from the original meaning, its funny.) I'm just pointing out how odd it is that you can yell at someone for being stupid and not following your beliefs and yet take offense to another person telling you you're living your life wrong.

Case and point - How many of you get pissed at a Christian telling you that you're going to go to Hell for not accepting Christ? Apparently theres a lot of you that do, according to other threads on this board. And now you want to tell me how to live my life? I'm a fool for smoking? Its bad, and i want to kill myself? A Christian could tell you the exact same thing for not believing the his/her way. And i don't think you'd enjoy that too much.

If anyone would be interested in hearing my health argument and my take on the ignorance, i'd be happy to explain those as well, but thats not my point (as of right now heh).

Take a moment and think about that. Thanks!
wub.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm an occasional smoker, and lately I've smoked much less cigarettes than I used to.
A few years ago, I used to ask for a cigarette or two on parties, usually when I was drunk.
I never liked cigarettes too much, but smoking one or two just to see what it feels like doesn't kill you, either...
Anyway, I then started to dislike cigarettes more and more...They stink, they make your breath foul, and the effects weren't that great either...Sometimes a smoke really helped to relax, which was nice and all, but most of the time it just made me dizzy and gave me an unpleasant feeling...
I knew I'd never become an addict for several reasons...Pretty much everyone in my father's family was a chain smoker when I was a kid, and even as a kid I was capable of seeing what smoking did to people...They were mostly in a bad physical condition, they were CRAZILY addicted to cigarettes, they had bad teeth and there was always a nebula of smoke surrounding them. My father smoked so much, I occasionally had to puke from all the passive smoke I was inhaling. And well, later I had some chain smoking class-mates in school, and they were just the same. I never got what kind of benefit smoking's supposed to give you in the long run. There just is none. Plus, it's just too expensive for my tastes. I never felt the urge to go out and get more cigarettes, even after smoking like half a dozen in an evening (which only happened once, I think...a girl I liked just kept asking me to smoke another one with her
laugh.gif
), and I never had any of the side effects you get from a nicotine addiction.
So, I'm not thinking about buying my first packs of cigarettes any time soon. I know of better things to smoke
nyanya.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.