GBA and GBC emulator "Pizza Boy" has been removed from the Google Play Store

sadasdasds.png

Yet another emulator bites the dust, in the aftermath of the Tropic Haze/Yuzu vs. Nintendo case. Pizza Boy, a $5.49 paid app on the Google Play Store, has been taken down and is no longer available for purchase. Developer Davide made an announcement post explaining that he has permanently removed his app from the Play Store, citing the reasoning as, "I have chosen to prioritize my family over the development of my apps." With the implication that he has not been forced to delist his emulator, but has chosen to do so as a precaution after other emulator developers have been affected. Currently, several other paid GBA/GBC emulators are still available on the Play Store, including John GBA, My Boy!, and Nostalgia.GBA.

:arrow: Source

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
:/
NGL, I feel like these people are becoming cowards. I honestly doubt Nintendo is going to go after every emulator
No, but do you want to risk being sued, and thus risking your entire livelihood/kid's futures to the whims of a Nintendo lawyer?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No, but do you want to risk being sued, and thus risking your entire livelihood/kid's futures to the whims of a Nintendo lawyer?
I'm 5'4, I would lose the case on that alone

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another weakling, it seems we are in a big filtering moment.
What the hell is wrong with you? Some people value life more than ones and zeroes, the fact you walk around acting like this just shows how selfish you are. You may act like a badass behind your fancy display, but when push comes to shove, you certainly wouldn't be like this if you were directly impacted in a similar regard to this. Who am I kidding though, you likely have zero values in life and just don't give a shit about anything or anyone except yourself. I seriously hope you get your head straight one day.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What the hell is wrong with you? Some people value life more than ones and zeroes, the fact you walk around acting like this just shows how selfish you are. You may act like a badass behind your fancy display, but when push comes to shove, you certainly wouldn't be like this if you were directly impacted in a similar regard to this. Who am I kidding though, you likely have zero values in life and just don't give a shit about anything or anyone except yourself. I seriously hope you get your head straight one day.
Everyone has at least one value in life - financial value. Also environmental impact value, I suppose.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm fed up with this, those saying developers are weak for pulling out and what not, screw you and the horse you rode in on. As I have said before, not everyone has a money tree in their backyard to fight legal battles, especially the kind that requires good lawyers and such against a company like Nintendo, and again, some people value their lives more than ones and zeroes. You seem to have some fucked up mental issues if you are this selfish over stupid software. Emulators come and go, you act like another one won't be made in the future. I swear this Yuzu situation is bringing the ugliest crap for people out, and quite frankly you need to go back under the rock you came from and just stay there.

I have no idea why people are becoming more cancerous, but this seriously needs to stop. It's just software for crying out loud, it's not that damn important.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
it is all a matter of perspective, if the devs where russian , european , chinese no reason of fear would be possible as the laws are vastly different in these matters against the usa law....

Reactions: ELY_M and ZeroFX

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Of the ones and zeroes, i'm a zero.
I didn't think Yuzu's downfall would be a weakling shakedown, but here we are
Like shaking a tree.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto