Narrative driving game 'Heading Out' gets gameplay trailer

heading out.jpg

Indie developer Serious Sim describes its upcoming game, Heading Out, as a "narrative driving game". What should we expect from such a title? Well, today's gameplay overview trailer is all about answering that question:

It’s you, your car, and the highway. As a fugitive on the run from the law, you’ll chase down thrills across the country, racing other drivers, helping or hurting strangers, and watching your legend rise. Keep your vehicle in good condition and stay focused, but watch out for the cash in your wallet – America ain’t cheap. You may not know what lies on the road ahead, but you’ve got to be first no matter what. It's not about the destination – it's about your journey.

Key features of Heading Out include:
  • Your Adventure: Each trip offers a unique balance of high-speed chases and races, treacherous hazards and challenges, and colorful characters and stories, brought to life with stylish graphic-novel visuals. Outrun your fears and the law, pursue your dreams, and risk the consequences at the end of the road.
  • Your Choices: Every journey is yours to define. Strategically plan out your route and resources in advance on the map, or hit the gas and fly by the seat of your pants. Each decision shapes the road ahead, including your narrative encounters, fuel consumption, car condition and wanted level.
  • Your Legend: Your unique story unfolds with every pit stop across the heartland. Meet strangers, oddballs and lost souls who will influence your tale, but don’t linger too long – you’ve got to keep moving. Listen to radio hosts spread your myth to the people as it grows while an eclectic Americana soundtrack speeds you down the horizon.
Heading Out launches May 7 on PC and is available to wishlist now on Steam.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

• Haha
Reactions: k7ra, Xzi and SS4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and what is ModMii
  • bernard_kekette @ bernard_kekette:
    a tool to install WADs on the Wii
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    nice
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    WELCOME TO WARIO WORLD THE UNDERGROUND GBATEMP
    +2
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    LMAO
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    Wario world underground
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why yellow potatoes come out so creamy when you roast them
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Did you soak them B4 hand?
    Cool. Though I'm Not the effeminate type. You know, the limp wrist, Sascha walking type of gay. :)
    Though I Do Cross-Dress Once in awhile :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The home just confuses your wardrobe
    How are you doing today K3Nv2?
    You did? By whom?
    Ohh, Don't tell me lEOTck did it to you? :O:sad:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah we all know luke is who leo's smashing
    +1
    Oh :shit:! And I didn't get to 📽️ it! :angry::sad::cry: :hateit:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST FOUND OUT THAT ULTERIOR MOTIVES WAS FOUND YESTERDAY, AND IT WAS FROM P O R N 💀😭
    +1
    😱 .............................. :evil::tpi::evil:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, what's ulterior motives?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, what's ulterior motives?