New 2DS XL Questions PS1 and GBA

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi All,

I am about to get a used good New 2DS XL for a good price with firmware 11.10.0.43U, i assume this is moddable?

Once I mod it it can do normal 3DS games i know no problem, but for GBA games, would I still have same issues running games like Golden Sun Lost Age where it crashes after main menu? Cuz right now on my modded DSi, I cant get golden sun lost age workingo n it. I'm wondering if its any different for the new 2ds xl, being it was releated in 2017. And would it use Twilight++ for NDS, GBA games? or is there a better way for NDS and GBA?

And the new modded new 2ds XL and do N64 games and PS1 right?

Regards,
Dia

splaca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi Dia,

I am about to get a used good New 2DS XL for a good price with firmware 11.10.0.43U, i assume this is moddable?
Yes, it is.

Once I mod it it can do normal 3DS games i know no problem, but for GBA games, would I still have same issues running games like Golden Sun Lost Age where it crashes after main menu? Cuz right now on my modded DSi, I cant get golden sun lost age workingo n it. I'm wondering if its any different for the new 2ds xl, being it was releated in 2017. And would it use Twilight++ for NDS, GBA games? or is there a better way for NDS and GBA?

Using Twilight for NDS games would be very standard, yes, although you can also use NDSForwarder to install titles to the home screen of the 3DS.

For GBA you can also use Twilight if you wish to use GBA Runner, but there are other options such as Open AGB Firm. I think this thread would be relevant for you.

I'm not really aware of this problem with Golden Sun Lost Age. If you ran into that using GBA Runner 2 on DS maybe it could be worth trying GBA Runner 3.

And the new modded new 2ds XL and do N64 games and PS1 right?

Yes, there are emulators for N64 ans PS1. I haven't personally tried them but I reckon they should perform ok on the New 2DS/3DS family.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Dia,

Yes, it is.

Using Twilight for NDS games would be very standard, yes, although you can also use NDSForwarder to install titles to the home screen of the 3DS.

For GBA you can also use Twilight if you wish to use GBA Runner, but there are other options such as Open AGB Firm. I think this thread would be relevant for you.

I'm not really aware of this problem with Golden Sun Lost Age. If you ran into that using GBA Runner 2 on DS maybe it could be worth trying GBA Runner 3.

Yes, there are emulators for N64 ans PS1. I haven't personally tried them but I reckon they should perform ok on the New 2DS/3DS family.
I am going to buy it today, will report back and let you know thanks!!
Post automatically merged:

I bought it and updated my firmware to 11.17.0-50U and then modded it, all good!

Last edited by haddad,
Reactions: splaca

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL