nudels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dlf said:
Care to explain what FFS is quickly?

FFS = For Fuck Sake

I had a thought, anyone tried to remove there chip? (if you have a solderless chip that is) and then tried it through a loader like neogamma7 or similar...

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
Not to be a killjoy but you can stare at main.dol with a hex editor until you go blind and all you're going to see (that is legible) is bits of text from the SDK, comments and *stuff*. Any copy protection isn't going to appear as text, this isn't BASIC programming from the 1980s, it's compiled code with a few strings of text in it... IF the protection is in main.dol (and I say "if" simply because we don't know) then it's going to need somebody who understands assembler, has a USB Gecko and is capable of disassembling (and understanding) it.

Basically, I think our "amateurish" attempts (that's not a criticism, I've been doing the same!) have pretty much been exhausted at this point and until somebody far more clued-up than the overwhelming majority of us tears the code apart, we're stuffed.

mistajase

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ifish said:
how do oyu know it runs on the offical dics its not out anywhere yet. and maybe it chack for hbc then screw you up but i dought it

You can get hold of the game in Australia (even though its not officially released yet, but if you work in a store or know someone who does then you can buy it 'under the counter')
A guy called Kongnutts had one, even posted a photo to prove it and tried dumping several times it and had the same problems as the scrubbed version (he knows what he's doing, he's dumped loads of games in the past all successfully!)

Fellipepb07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i have a wii moddded with d2ckey but it doesnt recognize the dvd!
i would be happy to play those 3min...lol
I've tryied it with 3.2 and 4.1(waninkoko)...Help me!

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Nintendo couldn't have timed this "New Protection" any better, or with any other game..I see this as Nintendo's test...To see how long this goes until it's cracked, then learn how, then fix it for future releases
as they did with SMG. really, to those that are able to check things like hex and stuff, could this just be a beefed up SMG piracy blocker?

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might I inquire as to what was done with SMG? I bought it for some holiday, it works fine with the USB drive & loader I use. Just a thought, as I am trying to help.
Xuphor said:
QUOTE said:
Nintendo couldn't have timed this "New Protection" any better, or with any other game..I see this as Nintendo's test...To see how long this goes until it's cracked, then learn how, then fix it for future releases
as they did with SMG. really, to those that are able to check things like hex and stuff, could this just be a beefed up SMG piracy blocker?

the greatest one

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can tell you exactly where you need to hex edit. But straight up deleting the references to the security will result in a black screen from usb or DVD.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ dlf - i don't nkow what nintendo did, but at that time, all modchips had to have a update to play the game. considering this one is a big issue, wouldn't suprise me if the modchip makers need to make a new update for this game too.

ayojoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo I have a quick question.

I have System Menu 4.0 with StartPatch disabling disc updates and what not. When I get the real game on the day it comes out, all I need to do is install the latest IOS53 and I'll be fine right? It won't conflict with 4.0 or have compatibility issues?

sbanting

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm a little confused as I have IOS 53 v4xxx on mine and the game still runs for 2 mins or wat ever with my wiikey v1, so does the newer IOS do anything different?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sbanting said:
I'm a little confused as I have IOS 53 v4xxx on mine and the game still runs for 2 mins or wat ever with my wiikey v1, so does the newer IOS do anything different?

No i only mentioned it because the disc wouldn't show on someones wii. IOS53 makes it show and play for a few mins.

If you can already play it at all, you have a sufficient IOS53

Posts merged

QUOTE(Riicky @ Nov 9 2009, 03:12 AM) Could the "protection" possibly be in the new IOS53?? maybe everybody is looking in the wrong place?

No because it only uses the 4.1 IOS53, you can play it with a newer one and still same issue.
So no they didn't make a IOS53 just for this game, it just has 4.1 version

D

Deleted User

the greatest one said:
i can tell you exactly where you need to hex edit. But straight up deleting the references to the security will result in a black screen from usb or DVD.
Go on then
tongue.gif

I'm sure everyone is dying to know...

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riicky said:
Could the "protection" possibly be in the new IOS53?? maybe everybody is looking in the wrong place?

I was thinking something similar since the CSI game also runs on that IOS and doesn't work, or maybe the game checks the Md5 of the IOS and that explains why the cIOSCorp/cIOS wont load the game since even tho the name matches (IOS53, like the standard 002 check) because the IOS has been edited it no longer does. Maybe someone with the actual game could try running the game with cIOSCorp installed.

vashgs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you'll point me at the first page, but how can a normal softmod user without a modchip play the first few minutes like everyone else? With Neogamma I get a green screen for a couple seconds then a reboot of my Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Tube? :shy::blush::evil:
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Games are getting huge nowdays, like 125gb a game (4k games anyways). I feel sorry for players that only have a 512gb hd. (Series S)
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's fine just stream the game! Lol
    +1
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should...