Cbajd5

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Lazycus said:
I'll wager it's still an incomplete/bad rip. The "garbage data" isn't always garbage and there have been releases that require data beyond the standard 4,699,979,776 bytes.
Multiple people with retail bought copies have created 1:1 dumps of the games multiple times, including a failed attempt at a dual layer dump.

It's protection, that's the end of the story.

ALSO IN MUCH MORE INTERSETING NEWS:
Michael Jackson is coming to the Virtual Console.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think a hacker with a USB Gecko and hack a code to bypass the protection can solve this problem? It's only an idea people might aswell give it a shot.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, let's try this again...

Does anybody know if an original retail disc of NSMB Wii can be played using Gecko OS or another region free disc launching method? I'm talking about played properly without any random crashes. This is a very important question for those of us that like to import our games and don't use homebrew for piracy.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idea, since Clipper is here. I recall a post in the larger thread about saying what speed mod chips gives, USB loaders etc. Could we try and see if a USB loader could run at retail speed (6x). Could help us in someway.
shepe said:
I got to world 1-3 using a wasabi v3 then get the disc read error I tried disconnecting my USB drive removed my SD card but still kept getting the same error I guess all we can do is wait until someone figures this out unfortunately I have exhausted all possible solutions that I can try
unsure.gif

Cbajd5

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
OK, let's try this again...

Does anybody know if an original retail disc of NSMB Wii can be played using Gecko OS or another region free disc launching method? I'm talking about played properly without any random crashes. This is a very important question for those of us that like to import our games and don't use homebrew for piracy.
If I remember correctly from the last thread the answer is yes. Original copies work when loaded anyway besides USB, but burnt copies will crash with modchips and will not load with softmods alone.

dlf said:
Idea, since Clipper is here. I recall a post in the larger thread about saying what speed mod chips gives, USB loaders etc. Could we try and see if a USB loader could run at retail speed (6x). Could help us in someway.QUOTE(shepe @ Nov 8 2009, 04:10 PM) I got to world 1-3 using a wasabi v3 then get the disc read error I tried disconnecting my USB drive removed my SD card but still kept getting the same error I guess all we can do is wait until someone figures this out unfortunately I have exhausted all possible solutions that I can try
unsure.gif
THe load speed isn't the problem, as someone tried changing their modchip to load at 3x speed and it still loaded, but still DREd too. I'd doubt that chaing the USB Loader's speed is going to make it load through USB. Also SD loading was tried too, and failed.

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
dlf said:
Idea, since Clipper is here. I recall a post in the larger thread about saying what speed mod chips gives, USB loaders etc. Could we try and see if a USB loader could run at retail speed (6x).
FFS, it's been siad over and over again, USB loaders can't do 6X and besides this theory was disproven as someone set their drive to 3X and it loaded still.

Cbajd5

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Killakae said:
Wait the retail copy works? and if so what update does it contain?
According to the last thread it works fine loading it through the various things that let it be region free. Pretty much according to the last thread it contains the system update of 4.1.

mistajase

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Killakae said:
Wait the retail copy works? and if so what update does it contain?

I heard from the old thread it was 4.1 with ios53.
I cant remember which version of ios53 since the old thread was deleted because of all the annoying spammers but i guess it was a new version released just for this game.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
TrapperKeeperX said:
Do you think a hacker with a USB Gecko and hack a code to bypass the protection can solve this problem? It's only an idea people might aswell give it a shot.
Sure, if the guy knows how to use a USB Gecko.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
shepe said:
I got to world 1-3 using a wasabi v3 then get the disc read error I tried disconnecting my USB drive removed my SD card but still kept getting the same error I guess all we can do is wait until someone figures this out unfortunately I have exhausted all possible solutions that I can try
unsure.gif
here are my test results
Wii 4.1u
wiikey 1.0 at 3x speed = World 1-2 is the farthest I could go even if I finished World 1-1 in the fastest time
6x speed = could get pass World 1-3 even if I take each stage slowly and DRE when trying to save Toad

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If codes don't work then start hacking the main.dol file atleast your going to get somewhere when you hack it try disabling the protection if you can I really do believe that's the major problem I do have to say Nintendo did a good job protecting this game they did make it tough to crack like I said hack the main.dol file and see what you can change maybe patching error # 001 & # 002 would be a good start.

vashgs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rumsey said:
FoulPlay said:
FoulPlay said:
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3638/screencaps.png

Click for full image.
2-1, no crashes yet...
forgot to mention, this is on the wii hence why my capture card is blurry as hell.
using a method i would have never thought of, ill explain in a few if it doesn't crash at 2-5 where it did last time about an hour in.

Just like the guy who "removed 40mbs of copy protection and it works!" or the other guy who "hacked the copy protection, was going to release it, but then got stuck at World 5". Seriously why come make multiple posts about how you think you got it, just say your suggestion already and multiple people will test it. Crazy ass idea, I know.

Well now, let's relax. He has taken the time thus far to post a screenshot of 2-1, which for many of us is an accomplishment in itself. He seems credible based on his arguments in the earlier thread. Just let his idea develop and he'll report the results shortly.

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PainToad said:
FoulPlay said:
FoulPlay said:

Click for full image.
2-1, no crashes yet...
forgot to mention, this is on the wii hence why my capture card is blurry as hell.
using a method i would have never thought of, ill explain in a few if it doesn't crash at 2-5 where it did last time about an hour in.
BS.
BS? I've been using my theory of loading quick saves and copy pasting them to the SD Card.

Would you like to see my method? It's working, I'm past level 1-2 in video format on youtube if you'd like to see that, 1-3 is uploaded onto youtube, further proving that you can get past this protection bs if you have the patience for it, because until they fix it, this is the only way you can progress past 1-2.

My friend suggested this to me, and it has been working like a charm, infact, I posted it earlier, unsure of it myself.

For the time being whilst 1-Mini Fortress uploads; http://www.gameanyone.com/video/172743 watch 1-3.

In advance, I apologise for my voice, It was 3am

Xta Large

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was told that taking the disc out for thirty seconds to a minute after each level serves as a temporary solution. Anyone wanna lay the smackdown on (or confirm) this method?

sbanting

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FoulPlay said:
PainToad said:
FoulPlay said:
FoulPlay said:

Click for full image.
2-1, no crashes yet...
BS.
BS? I've been using my theory of loading quick saves and copy pasting them to the SD Card.

Would you like to see my method? It's working, I'm past level 1-2 in video format on youtube if you'd like to see that, 1-3 is uploaded onto youtube, further proving that you can get past this protection bs if you have the patience for it, because until they fix it, this is the only way you can progress past 1-2.

My friend suggested this to me, and it has been working like a charm, infact, I posted it earlier, unsure of it myself.

For the time being whilst 1-Mini Fortress uploads; http://www.gameanyone.com/video/172743 watch 1-3.

Thats been said before, it doesn't fix the problem, and if they brought this protection out on other games in the future it wouldn't work lol, but nice to know someone has the patience to play one level at a time.

rumsey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FoulPlay said:
PainToad said:
FoulPlay said:
FoulPlay said:

Click for full image.
2-1, no crashes yet...
BS.

Not to be an ass, but this method has been known since like an hour after the release came out. Lots of people have gotten to the end of World 2 or further by quick saving and resetting.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FoulPlay said:
PainToad said:
FoulPlay said:
FoulPlay said:

Click for full image.
2-1, no crashes yet...
BS.

Are you saying to use the boring save-reset method or to load a save of the game that's past 1-2 and not caring about the save-reset method?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...