Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KoopaTim said:
Could anyone tell me how to activate LLE? Can't find it anywhere. Please help?

They're talking about the wii emulator for your computer. Dolphin lets you play wii and gc games on your pc.

You find the LLE setting in your config panel in your sound plugins.

Cbajd5

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
I dunno if the NTSC version will work, personally, I am waiting for this one. Europe always get screwed up royally, even if they get a game first, they got screwed. It's not a nice place to live as a gamer.
The dump is Australian, not European. They're probably identical anyways, though.

So like I've been suggesting all this time, has anyone tried breaking/stopping the Wii's internal clock and see if it still DRE's? Although the time is probably run seperately from the internal clock it's an idea.

Also, there's no way to even get it started using Softmod loaders, right? Disc, USB, or otherwise without a modchip.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cbajd5 said:
Giga_Gaia said:
I dunno if the NTSC version will work, personally, I am waiting for this one. Europe always get screwed up royally, even if they get a game first, they got screwed. It's not a nice place to live as a gamer.
The dump is Australian, not European. They're probably identical anyways, though.

So like I've been suggesting all this time, has anyone tried breaking/stopping the Wii's internal clock and see if it still DRE's? Although the time is probably run seperately from the internal clock it's an idea.

Also, there's no way to even get it started using Softmod loaders, right? Disc, USB, or otherwise without a modchip.

They are identical, Europe and Australia get the same thing.

the greatest one

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just happen to stumble upon this,

line 0033d9c0h of the main.dol file

"DVDConvertEntrynumToPath(possibly DVDOpen or DVD ChangeDir or DVD OpenDir):
specified directory doesn't match standard 8.3 format. This is a temporary restriction and will be removed soon."

:FST in the new disk is too big

after that is the error codes

and after that is DVDLow? Not sure what it is referring to? It takes about LowReadDvdCopyright and the IOS return.

Is it possible to remove the USB Error, and replace it with a different check/ or a blank string? and just use the alt dol through neogamma or a usb loader? Cause that seems to be the restriction on it running through USB.

PS it definitely calls on a CIOS and close it
just below the USB error

El Xando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
4.0E Wii with Wiikey v1.
Scrubbed version of the game burned to a DVD+RW.
Can get as far as the second level before I get "An error has occured."
What is Neogamma, would going through it help? I am just going through the disc channel.
I haven't tried GeckoOS yet though.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
gamerjr said:
Quick question, does anyone know if its the retail disc if it will ruin any homebrew on your wii?

However, it does update the Boot2 to v4 (the one shipped with the 4.2 firmware). It contains the firmware 4.1. You can see that on the screenshots taken by kongnutz when he opened the 1:1 backup with WiiScrubber.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the greatest one said:
"DVDConvertEntrynumToPath(possibly DVDOpen or DVD ChangeDir or DVD OpenDir):
specified directory doesn't match standard 8.3 format. This is a temporary restriction and will be removed soon."
Since this thread is a bit cleaner than the previous one, I'm gonna post my opinion.

Don't EVEN care for what's written in the main.dol in PLAIN ASCII. That's probably residual SDK text which means less than nothing.

Feel free to correct me if this isn't right, though.

D

Deleted-171178

Has anyone tried playing the game from a USB loader with the original game in the drive to see if it errors?

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Wiired has the ISO rip of the official game guys, and waninkoko is looking into it atm, but as far as he can tell you is at the top of his chat room topic atm, which is "New SMB does not work unless retail, more details will be posted when known. Thank You."

Cbajd5

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
rizzod said:
Wiired has the ISO rip of the official game guys, and waninkoko is looking into it atm, but as far as he can tell you is at the top of his chat room topic atm, which is "New SMB does not work unless retail, more details will be posted when known. Thank You."
Yep.

And we will still baselessly speculate on obvious solutions that solve nothing.

And it'll be fun.

Has anyone tried installing the game to the NAND? And is that even possible, as in the FULL GAME?

chillyloop

Trophies
XP
Country
rizzod said:

What's the server details?

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
my final guess would be that if anything is removed, tampered, or modified within the game, it wont work, im guessing that they have implemented certain points to crash in the game, where it does some sort of authenticity check.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Cbajd5 said:
Yep.

And we will still baselessly speculate on obvious solutions that solve nothing.

And it'll be fun.

Has anyone tried installing the game to the NAND? And is that even possible, as in the FULL GAME?

It isn't definitelly posible, maybe using NAND emulation (the real NAND is worth 512 MB), but I don't think so...

QUOTE(DJPlace @ Nov 8 2009, 06:49 PM) i wonder if this games going be worth the wait? hopefully the experts of cracking game codes will get it fixed soon

More or less. How long took M&L:BIS to be cracked?

the greatest one

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I may have mistaken CIOS for ClOSe but right around there it calls to search the disk, that's where the protection is. I'd stake a lot on that part of the .dol file is the new security patch. It closes all unknown devices and cross references them with "WBC"

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the greatest one said:
ok I may have mistaken CIOS for ClOSe but right around there it calls to search the disk, that's where the protection is. I'd stake a lot on that part of the .dol file is the new security patch. It closes all unknown devices and cross references them with "WBC"
Then can we just remove the calls with a hex editor?

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the greatest one said:

the new main.dol file is protected at this point some people need to go check that one out plus when I use Generic Wii Patcher 1.2 it can't find Error #001 & Error #002 it can be also the new protection for main.dol.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll wager it's still an incomplete/bad rip. The "garbage data" isn't always garbage and there have been releases that require data beyond the standard 4,699,979,776 bytes.

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
as i said previously, possibly tampering the calls, or anything for that matter may screwup in-gameplay, if it does this randomly...

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
taktularCBo said:
rizzod said:

Didn't waninkoko left the Wii scene?
Great that he is back
blink.gif
!?! Im sure he can find a Solution!
If not, it will be another one, cause Big N will implement this Protection in every new game.

Between, Im sure that some guys from Nintendo are just reading all this with a big smile
toot.gif
Yeah, for about another 24 hours until the team of coders that are working on it manage to crack the game. They've already proven they are smarter & faster than Nintendo many times over. Waninkoko had 4.2 halfway cracked before the update message even showed up on the first Wii.
tongue.gif
That's why it was only about 2 days before there was a safe 4.2 updater.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next