Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delta517 said:
In the previous thread kongsnutz said he had send an full iso of the game to a group who was going to see if they could figure out this new Copy Protection. Has anyone heard from kongsnutz or the group?
Kong is sleeping, it's really late in Aussieland... and he said Wiired have it, but not heard from them... yet...

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
And no:
-The Scrubbed Image without Update Partition won't work
-The Scrubbed Image with Update Partition won't work either
-The 1:1 Image doesn't work either
-It doesn't work on Mod Chips
-It also won't work if you install the new IOS53
-It also doesn't work from cIOSCORP with the new patched IOS53
-It doesn't work on any System Menu
-It won't work from any USB Loader regardless of cIOS used
-It also won't work from any other Loader (NeoGamma, GeckoOS, etc..)
-It only works from the retail Disc!

Get it?

*= Error on launch or Error after some Minutes of playing.
Feel free to correct me. I'll update the first post with Infos if enough proof is there.

And on USB loaders it just doesn't load at all, right?

This has a little voice nagging at me "It's anti USB loader code, and the timeout on DVD-Rs is just luck on Nintendos part".

D

Deleted User

warmijwilfaain said:
Oh right, got it working >_> Now there's a problem, using LLE, the sound is completely fucked and freezes after the Select players, on HLE it sounds fine and gets stuck after the select players...
Help plz XD

icanstillcu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cwstjdenobs said:
Blue-K said:
And no:
-The Scrubbed Image without Update Partition won't work
-The Scrubbed Image with Update Partition won't work either
-The 1:1 Image doesn't work either
-It doesn't work on Mod Chips
-It also won't work if you install the new IOS53
-It also doesn't work from cIOSCORP with the new patched IOS53
-It doesn't work on any System Menu
-It won't work from any USB Loader regardless of cIOS used
-It also won't work from any other Loader (NeoGamma, GeckoOS, etc..)
-It only works from the retail Disc!

Get it?

*= Error on launch or Error after some Minutes of playing.
Feel free to correct me. I'll update the first post with Infos if enough proof is there.

And on USB loaders it just doesn't load at all, right?

This has a little voice nagging at me "It's anti USB loader code, and the timeout on DVD-Rs is just luck on Nintendos part".

USB Loaders give Error saying "An error has occurred. Press EJECT Button..."

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am guessing this is Nintendo's really slow anti piracy...

If you have a D3-2 Nothing drive and you are stuck with USB Loading and they do this to all of there games then they have won :/ Well until someone finds out how to patch it
smile.gif

shepe

Trophies
XP
Country
I got to world 1-3 using a wasabi v3 then get the disc read error I tried disconnecting my USB drive removed my SD card but still kept getting the same error I guess all we can do is wait until someone figures this out unfortunately I have exhausted all possible solutions that I can try
unsure.gif

PoLaK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dr. Clipper said:
Has it been tested whether Gecko OS can launch the original disc? I'd like to know as I import most of my games.

I have a chipped Wii, and using the scrubbed version that's been floating around online, I can confirm that it's worked (with the DRE after about 8 minutes) in both GeckoOS and NeoGamma.
I'm running a 4.2U Wii.

nudels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Momdate said:
FoulPlay said:
This may be the most annoying way ever, but quick save after every level and move the save file to an SD card, if you load the game up and do the level, and it DRE's on you, just go back and transfer the save over. I'm at World 2-3 by this method. Damn you Nintendo...

I use Wiikey 2 and Neogamma r7 and can play about 20-24 minutes everytime before error appears. So for everyone who cannot wait for it try my method and dont forget to save after at least 3 levels - then go back to wii-menue and then start the game again!(Then you do not need to move the savefile to the sd)

Otherwise be patient and go for Super Mario World VC...
biggrin.gif

Thats odd, i have wiikey2 soldless or how you spell it, and i cant get it to work with any loader or the burned CD, first time i put the cd in the drive it started fine but crached when i entered level 1-1 and have never got it to work after that. only disc read error. Have tried Neogamma R8 beta1 too, same resaults.

Im using:
system 3.4E
cIOS38_rev14
Firmware-Updater_4.1
IOS60patched
homebrew channel 1.0.6 IOS35 v12.19

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
warmijwilfaain said:
Oh right, got it working >_> Now there's a problem, using LLE, the sound is completely fucked and freezes after the Select players, on HLE it sounds fine and gets stuck after the select players...

Wait 10-30 seconds and the game will start.

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
warmijwilfaain said:

Wait 10-30 seconds and the game will start. With the LLE plugin that is.

D

Deleted User

DarkCamui said:
warmijwilfaain said:

Wait 10-30 seconds and the game will start.
I've waited for about 2 minutes this time round to see anything happens :G

My computer's definitely powerful enough but... =|

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
gamerjr said:
Quick question, does anyone know if its the retail disc if it will ruin any homebrew on your wii?

No it wont since kongsnutz, who uploaded the the game, can still play it fine with homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste