Hacking New Wii with [lu64*] serial number unhackable?

dwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^maybe try target man.

although thats pretty weird, we bought ours bout 2 weeks at the time i didn't know 63's were moddable but almost every place had 63's and 64's

i settled for a lu3 from gamestop, i imagine must have been old stock or something since to my knowledge these are from last year.

tasamy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so with version 4.0, if it is hacked, this will a solution also for those ones lu64* or we will still have problems!

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tasamy said:
so with version 4.0, if it is hacked, this will a solution also for those ones lu64* or we will still have problems!

i have the same question. i plan on getting a new wii, so, with this new banner bomb coming.. i'm hoping!

jhebi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same problem here......Everything loads fine until I try the ISO downgrade, the screen goes black......Hopefully someone will have a solution soon. And I understand tester will try to hack the 4.0 now, but we could get some help for the 3.4 LU64/65 series.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I can confirm that the "LU64xxxxxxxx..." serial numbers are unmoddable. I was able install the IOS16.... but cIOS rev 8 or 9 would not load, all I got was a black screen. I tried everything I could possibly think of, but no luck.

My nephew bought it today, so he took it back to "EB Games" and asked to exchange it for another serial number (They had LU35's and LU63's and others) but when the manager overheard the conversation with the salesperson, he stepped in and REFUSED to exchange it for one with a different serial number. He said he "Knew" what he was doing with it, and would not have any part of it. He went as far as calling the other local EB Games and told them to make sure NOT to sell one to this guy if he came over tonight., (First class A**HOLE)

Anyhow, on the look now for another one with the appropriate serial numbebr to mod.

Has ANYONE successfully modded an LU64 yet ? If so, how exactly can this be done ?

Thanks !

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kosaic said:
Well, I can confirm that the "LU64xxxxxxxx..." serial numbers are unmoddable. I was able install the IOS16.... but cIOS rev 8 or 9 would not load, all I got was a black screen. I tried everything I could possibly think of, but no luck.

My nephew bought it today, so he took it back to "EB Games" and asked to exchange it for another serial number (They had LU35's and LU63's and others) but when the manager overheard the conversation with the salesperson, he stepped in and REFUSED to exchange it for one with a different serial number. He said he "Knew" what he was doing with it, and would not have any part of it. He went as far as calling the other local EB Games and told them to make sure NOT to sell one to this guy if he came over tonight., (First class A**HOLE)

Anyhow, on the look now for another one with the appropriate serial numbebr to mod.

Has ANYONE successfully modded an LU64 yet ? If so, how exactly can this be done ?

Thanks !

whoa, dude, that's harsh. i'd say wait for the new bannerbomb hack that will hopefully be released soon, if anything.

jhebi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does anyone know what I can do to help. I mean I can go until the IOS downgrade and that the screen goes black from there.......If someone know anything I could try to follow the steps and see what happens.....

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kornychaos said:
whoa, dude, that's harsh. i'd say wait for the new bannerbomb hack that will hopefully be released soon, if anything.

There's no reason to believe that the bannerbomb exploit will help this situation in any way. The Homebrew Channel and cIOS can already be installed on these Wii's, they just can't use the cIOS to overwrite anything on the NAND. The bannerbomb exploit would only be a way to run unsigned code on an otherwise unmodified Wii - that would (hopefully) lead to installation of the Homebrew Channel on Wii systems that would not allow the TP hack (i.e. 4.0 and higher firmware). But that is not helpful in this scenario.

When new Wii's start shipping with 4.0 firmware, and if the bannerbomb exploit is developed far enough to install the Homebrew Channel, then that will help 4.0 Wii's run homebrew, but will not help them install unsigned content to the NAND filesystem. That will be a whole other set of obstacles.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jhebi said:
So does anyone know what I can do to help. I mean I can go until the IOS downgrade and that the screen goes black from there.......If someone know anything I could try to follow the steps and see what happens.....

Sorry to say that this would be a difficult nut to crack. Not so much from a technical perspective, but because of these factors:

1. The people who know how to work on this probably don't have unhackable Wii's.
2. The people who have unhackable Wii's probably don't know how to work on it.
3. There's very little chance of the people with unhackable Wii's making their Wii's available to those who know how to work on it.
4. There's no means of "going back" once you start to hack the Wii and it fails.
5. There's no reliable method of identifying an unhackable Wii before attempting to hack it (it's probably safe to say that LU65+ serial numbers are unhackable, but we can't be 100% sure). Without that we don't know if our methods have succeeded or if the Wii was actually hackable to begin with.
6. People are focusing more on firmware 4.0, USB ISO Loaders, and other things.

It's mostly a process of elimination. Develop theories and eliminate them. So far we know that it's not IOS3, it's not the specific slot that cIOS is installed into (cIOS installed as IOS248 also seemed to give a blackscreen). It's very likely that it is related to the setuid(0) or ES_Indentify function not working correctly to allow access to the NAND. If this is the case then it would require significant research to correct the issue.

Again, tough to crack in this environment...

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All,

Just as an FYI , to continue my nephews saga, he went to Future Shop (Canada) and purchased another Wii (After the EB Games fiasco) It was an LU64xxxxxxxx , with 4.0U already on it !!! I was suprised that they are in retail stores already with 4.0U , but they are.

Good news is I traded his *New* Wii , for a neighbors with 3.3U and he is now modded to the hilltops
smile.gif

Just sharing info as I see it.
smile.gif

jhebi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kornychaos said:
I just got another Wii which has 3.4 on it and it's LU64. Booo. Bannerbomb where art thou?

You should take it back and exchange it for a lower serial# or if you patient, wait and hope testers will crack the LU64 and up series.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kornychaos said:
I just got another Wii which has 3.4 on it and it's LU64. Booo. Bannerbomb where art thou?

The bannerbomb will help you to install the HBC, why do you wait for it when your Wii is at 3.4 and twilight hackable?

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I installed hbc on 2 lu64 wii's a couple days ago using the same method as i did on my lu33 other then the fact that i used the tp hack for 3.4 and then downgraded them to 3.2. There has to be a cut off point with the lu64's then. I'll see if i can get the full serials from these. I don't have them here any more.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
kornychaos said:

The bannerbomb will help you to install the HBC, why do you wait for it when your Wii is at 3.4 and twilight hackable?
AFAIK LU64 consoles won't let me do anything beyond the HBC. I can't install WADs/USBLoader/SoftChip without getting a black screen, right?

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was able to install wad's and use back up loader etc. on the 2 i did. they functioned just the same as mine. Even loaded mad world from the disc channel with cioscorp which my wii refuses to do.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why do people always want to install SoftChip? But you are right on these new Wiis you can't install anything except the HBC for now. But this won't change by the bannerbomb as it will only allow to run code as the twilight hack did.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hrm, so there must be a cutoff, I'm going to have to see if mine will work or get the black screen. I'll rent TP sometime today.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMuP01GlQi4