Hacking New Wii with [lu64*] serial number unhackable?

thenewrich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah i would like to thank both of you fogbank for helping all the noobs like myself! and WiiPower for creating new stuff for us to try, and everyone else working hard on this stuff!... i am a new wii user without much knowledge of softmodding yet, but i am working on it!

hopefully we can get this all sorted out soon i can't wait to get to 3.2!

adidas77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just tried the test files from WiiPower. When I try to install IOS36-64-v1042.wad I get :

Install failed -1017
It look like currently used IOS36 REV3094 doesn't support Trusha

then ask if I want to load another IOS

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey a tester! Finally.

One of the requirements is that you have the proper IOS16 installed. You should load IOS16 directly at the beginning of the program and then selet another IOS slot than IOS249. After installing this, set SoftChip to use that IOS slot.

adidas77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
Hey a tester! Finally.

One of the requirements is that you have the proper IOS16 installed. You should load IOS16 directly at the beginning of the program and then selet another IOS slot than IOS249. After installing this, set SoftChip to use that IOS slot.

You're right and I didn't look at my title lister file properly I had an older one from 3.4 but I'm now on 4.0

20: Title=1-10 (IOS16) vers: 2.0 (512)

We will need someone else to try it out. I'll have to wait that something for 4.0 is out there to try it out.

I'm always here if you want to test on 4.0U.

thenewrich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey adidas77 if you could give me some more step by step instructions i could attempt a test as i am on 3.4 still... so far i have HBC installed and thats it... i did a title lister a couple posts up

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
its nice to know that nintendo arent entirely destroying homebrew
smile.gif

clearly they could have stopped it by now by blocking the HBC, but they are just blocking the wares that allow softmodding.

i mean, you can still use emulators and stuff right? (i dont know considering i'm on a very first release wii)

OR if you cant use emulators either, what if they've just made it so that files from x:\apps\xxxx\boot.dol dont work and a directory change is all thats needed lol.

if i'm right with that... then nintendo seriously needs to think deeper XD

adidas77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thenewrich said:
Hey adidas77 if you could give me some more step by step instructions i could attempt a test as i am on 3.4 still... so far i have HBC installed and thats it... i did a title lister a couple posts up

You will need to go and get the file from WiiPower from his previous post.

Make sure you have the requested files, if you are having trouble with some of them you can try to google them or just PM me. I followed the instruction from his post. But because I have the wrong IOS16 version I can't do anything right now.

tasamy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am another lucky guy with 3.4U menu and lu64* serial new wii
cry.gif

-I installed the Home Brew Channel via Twilight Hack 0.1 beta2
-Used Wad Manager 1.3 to install IOS16-64-v257.wad
-Used IOS16 to install 07-cIOS249-v7_waninkokoFULL-nw7.wad

I had a success for all the previous steps. When I run Backup Launcher 0.3gamma/Softchip I get a black screen and wii freezes.

Tried Wad Manager 1.3 again to install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad . Wad Manager 1.3 freezes. For WMIOS16, tried to install cIOS249-IOS36-rev07.wad. When I try to run IOS16 I get error ret=-1.

adidas77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tasamy said:
I am another lucky guy with 3.4U menu and lu64* serial new wii
cry.gif

-I installed the Home Brew Channel via Twilight Hack 0.1 beta2
-Used Wad Manager 1.3 to install IOS16-64-v257.wad
-Used IOS16 to install 07-cIOS249-v7_waninkokoFULL-nw7.wad

I had a success for all the previous steps. When I run Backup Launcher 0.3gamma/Softchip I get a black screen and wii freezes.

Tried Wad Manager 1.3 again to install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad . Wad Manager 1.3 freezes. For WMIOS16, tried to install cIOS249-IOS36-rev07.wad. When I try to run IOS16 I get error ret=-1.

I would try to use the files from WiiPower from this post http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=143602

Requirements:
- some experience with softmodding
- a backup to test
- IOS16 installed(v257, not the one from 4.0!!!)
- sd card
- common-key.bin in the root of the sd card
- IOS36-64-v1042.wad in /IOS/ on the sd card

shallowater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thenewrich said:

co-ask... adidas77, would you care to give the step-by-step instruction? i have not figured out how to do it yet..

thenewrich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
also let me sneak in one quick noob question... once we install ios16 could we use custom wad manager to install vc and wii warez? and i'm talking about on the new serial numbers the LU64+ ones

tasamy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
adidas77 said:
Requirements:
- some experience with softmodding
- a backup to test
- IOS16 installed(v257, not the one from 4.0!!!)
- sd card
- common-key.bin in the root of the sd card
- IOS36-64-v1042.wad in /IOS/ on the sd card

What did you mean by "a backup to test"? So will I use uii dol to run IOS36-64-v1042.wad? correct?
How you save the title lister output to the sd card? ... it freezes after it shows me a list of the output!
What is common-key.bin function?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"Guide":
1. put everything in the right place on your sd card
2. Run uii from HBC
- select to load IOS16
- select IOS slot IOS248 with the d-pad
- press A several times
3. insert 1:1 backup disc
4. Run SoftChip
- press '+'
- select IOS248
- press A several times
5. Report back here, if you had problems somewhere, tell which problem and where

shallowater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
"Guide":
1. put everything in the right place on your sd card
2. Run uii from HBC
- select to load IOS16
- select IOS slot IOS248 with the d-pad
- press A several times
3. insert 1:1 backup disc
4. Run SoftChip
- press '+'
- select IOS248
- press A several times
5. Report back here, if you had problems somewhere, tell which problem and where

Thanks for the guide WiiPower!

One question though: In step 2, how do we run uii from HBC??From you zip files, uii contain a bunch of .C and .H files, and a data folder too. There seem to be no *dol files to run. There are some bin files in the uii/dada folder though, are we supposed to copy those *bin files to the uii folder (instead of uii/data)?

thanks again

Buhntz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fogbank said:
thenewrich said:
Ok... yeah i wont update any farther unless it is to try somthing new that needs testing!

I just ran title_lister_37_512 this was the results saved to my sd

Found 48 titles:
42: Title=1-3 (IOS3) vers: 255.0 (65280)

let me know if i can do anything else to help!

If title 1-3 is an indication then you probably have an "unhackable" Wii.

I would hang on for a bit...

Never posted here before and only got my Wii a few weeks ago (so i am a n00b). Have been following this and other threads regarding the "unsoftmoddable" 3.4 variety and the theory that a factory-installed IOS3 might be indication for trouble (I'm afraid it is not; my Wii came with 3.4U and IOS3 out of the box yet I was able to install cIOS and BLC plays every game I throw at it).

This is just another long shot: Instead of going the IOS16 route and installing WADs with the custom WAD Manager for IOS16, could one of the "victims" try to:

1. Install the Homebrew Channel with the Twilight Hack (still seems to work for everybody)
2. Install the trucha-bugged but genuine Nintendo IOS36-64-v1042.wad using the "regular" WAD Manager 1.3 (cannot see any reason this should fail as users were reportedly able to install IOS16 with the regular WAD Manager and both IOS are properly signed).
3. Reboot - Homebrew should now run on IOS36 version 4.18 instead of 12.18 (can be checked by pressing the home button from within HBC -> version is shown in upper right corner)

*** If the HBC does not show IOS36 v4.18, stop and forget everything I said in this silly message ***

4. Install Waninkoko's cIOS rev 08 on-the-fly patcher/installer in offline mode (with a copy of IOS36-64-v1042.wad in root of SD card). Note: The cIOS rev 08 installer will fail if Homebrew runs on a trucha-fixed IOS36 with a ticket error -2011 (unless an older cIOS is present).

Again, this is long shot. However, it does work for 3.3 v2 and "softmoddable" 3.4 consoles like mine without the need for installing IOS16. As an added benefit, Homebrew is now "the way it was meant to played" (meaning standard apps will now run properly on HBC's default IOS36 and do not need to be customized to reload a cIOS).

Buhntz

shallowater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buhntz said:
fogbank said:
thenewrich said:
Ok... yeah i wont update any farther unless it is to try somthing new that needs testing!

Found 48 titles:

Never posted here before and only got my Wii a few weeks ago (so i am a n00b). Have been following this and other threads regarding the "unsoftmoddable" 3.4 variety and the theory that a factory-installed IOS3 might be indication for trouble (I'm afraid it is not; my Wii came with 3.4U and IOS3 out of the box yet I was able to install cIOS and BLC plays every game I throw at it).

This is just another long shot: Instead of going the IOS16 route and installing WADs with the custom WAD Manager for IOS16, could one of the "victims" try to:

1. Install the Homebrew Channel with the Twilight Hack (still seems to work for everybody)
2. Install the trucha-bugged but genuine Nintendo IOS36-64-v1042.wad using the "regular" WAD Manager 1.3 (cannot see any reason this should fail as users were reportedly able to install IOS16 with the regular WAD Manager and both IOS are properly signed).
3. Reboot - Homebrew should now run on IOS36 version 4.18 instead of 12.18 (can be checked by pressing the home button from within HBC -> version is shown in upper right corner)

*** If the HBC does not show IOS36 v4.18, stop and forget everything I said in this silly message ***

4. Install Waninkoko's cIOS rev 08 on-the-fly patcher/installer in offline mode (with a copy of IOS36-64-v1042.wad in root of SD card). Note: The cIOS rev 08 installer will fail if Homebrew runs on a trucha-fixed IOS36 with a ticket error -2011 (unless an older cIOS is present).

Again, this is long shot. However, it does work for 3.3 v2 and "softmoddable" 3.4 consoles like mine without the need for installing IOS16. As an added benefit, Homebrew is now "the way it was meant to played" (meaning standard apps will now run properly on HBC's default IOS36 and do not need to be customized to reload a cIOS).

Buhntz

Is you Wii's serial number LU64*?

Buhntz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shallowater said:
Buhntz said:
fogbank said:
thenewrich said:

Found 48 titles:

Buhntz

No, mine is a LU37* which I bought at a U.S. Costco 6 weeks ago (on February 13)

WiiForgotten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I've tried two wii's with this
LU64 Serial
3.4U

Installed Homebrew Fine
Installed IOS36
Installed CIOS_FIX (From CustomWad)
Run IOS Downgrader - Black Screen
Go back to Wad Manager- Black Screen
Go back to Custom wad- Black Screen

shallowater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buhntz said:
shallowater said:
Buhntz said:
fogbank said:
thenewrich said:

Found 48 titles:

Buhntz

No, mine is a LU37* which I bought at a U.S. Costco 6 weeks ago (on February 13)

then it probably won't fall within the batch of Wii's we are discussing here...

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buhntz said:

Thanks, this would be evidence that "IOS3" is not an indication of an unhackable Wii. We needed that. Time to move on.

QUOTE(Buhntz @ Mar 30 2009, 04:21 PM) This is just another long shot: Instead of going the IOS16 route and installing WADs with the custom WAD Manager for IOS16, could one of the "victims" try to:

It would not be possible to install IOS36-64-v1042 over the existing IOS36 v3090 because WAD Manager 1.3 cannot overwrite a newer IOS version without using cIOS, and cIOS is not functioning correctly. WAD Manager 1.3 can install IOS16 because it does not already exist on the system so there is no need to "overwrite" it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @rlaPHOENiX, Don't say the n word here Fine I guess