Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii Black Screen After Clicking "Play" in Wiiflow 5.5.3

SwedishLuigi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, i was trying to play newer SMBW but when i click "play" on the Wiiflow 5.5.3 loader the game simply gets stuck in a black screen even before the controller safety screen
Post automatically merged:

if anyone is wondering, i'm using a usb to load the game, the game is a USA version, and i have a European wii with region locking disabled (priiloader) i initially started thinking that this was the problem, but looking at it, it looks like a save file/rom problem, please help. (btw i did the patch steps correctly, because the rom worked around a week ago, but then i decided to move all my games to a usb instead of SD Card, to save space for nand backups)

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, i was trying to play newer SMBW but when i click "play" on the Wiiflow 5.5.3 loader the game simply gets stuck in a black screen even before the controller safety screen

if anyone is wondering, i'm using a usb to load the game, the game is a USA version, and i have a European wii with region locking disabled (priiloader) i initially started thinking that this was the problem, but looking at it, it looks like a save file/rom problem, please help. (btw i did the patch steps correctly, because the rom worked around a week ago,
You have the necessary cios installed? Otherwise post a syscheck here.
I'd start by verifying the game in WiiBackupmanager, as it could be corrupt. Though not sure if it'd check it correctly (for corruption) since this is a modded image, and not the vanilla game..
but then i decided to move all my games to a usb instead of SD Card, to save space for nand backups)
You only need one nand backup (you could backup your nand as often as you can if course), if you have a very low capacity sd card, just copy the nand backup to your pc and keep there, and remove it from the sd card aa you won't need it.

SwedishLuigi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
USB Loader GX Seems to have the same behaviour... i really don't know what to do. And, yeah i have all the required CIOS

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
USB Loader GX Seems to have the same behaviour... i really don't know what to do. And, yeah i have all the required CIOS
Maka sure video mode is set to disc default and VIDTV patch is turned off. Only if disc default doesn't work, you can try other modes like console default or 480i/PAL60. Video mode settings can often cause compatibility problems.

SwedishLuigi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I May have figured it out: Since i'm using a USA Version of the game in a European Wii, (with region locking disabled as seen before) i think that the problem is that i'm using a USA Version on a EU Wii, in fact, when i made an iso this time with an EU Version of the original game, IT WORKED! The problem is that my save file is gone (since it was created on the USA Version and the EU Version of the game dosen't read it) is there any way to convert an USA save file to a EU Savefile? (i don't want to lose all my progress, since i 100% the game 3 times).

Maka sure video mode is set to disc default and VIDTV patch is turned off. Only if disc default doesn't work, you can try other modes like console default or 480i/PAL60. Video mode settings can often cause compatibility problems.
All of these settings are ok...

Last edited by SwedishLuigi,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And there any way to convert an USA save file to a EU Savefile?
Try this. 👇 (all credit goes to @jeannotte :yay:)
Hello,

I will show you how to convert NTSC game save to PAL. (or the opposite).

what you need (SaveGame Manager GX.) ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/savegame-manager-gx.210111/

Minimum Required:

• The game whose backup you want to convert (in PAL version)
• A way to launch a homebrew (example: the homebrew channel)
• The homebrew "Savegame Manager GX"
• A PAL backup (yours for example)
• An NTSC backup, downloaded from the internet for example (with the characteristics you want)

Operations:

1. Download "Savegame Manager GX" and install it on your SD card (or USB device)

2. Launch SaveGame Manager GX and extract your PAL backup (by choosing "custom" in order to have the choice of the location) on your SD card (or USB device) and note the folder where you saved it.

3. Create a folder on your PC, named for example "GameName-PAL" (example "MarioKart-PAL") and copy the folder of your PAL backup into this folder.

4. Then create another folder on your PC and named for example "NameDuJeu-NTSC" (example "MarioKart-NTSC") and copy the NTSC backup folder into this folder (you will therefore have a folder with a subfolder a inside and two files in this subfolder).

5. So you have two folders (one PAL and one NTSC) each with two files of the same name (banner.bin and GameData.bin)

6. Copy only the "GameData.bin" file from the NTSC backup in the folder where the same file is located (but in PAL version), you will be asked to overwrite this file, do so but do not touch the banner file .bin.

7. Copy your PAL backup folder back to your SD card (or USB device) in the same location as the old one and overwrite it.

8. Launch SaveGame Manager GX via the homebrew channel (or the homebrew channel), select your newly copied PAL backup and choose "install".

Voila, it's over, you can now launch your PAL game while enjoying the content of the NTSC backup;)

NOTE: If you wish to do the reverse, simply change "PAL to NTSC" and "NTSC to PAL" during the operation.
If the above method doesn't work, then you can try editing the save file with a hex editor. Check this thread to get an idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...