Nintendo Switch port of 'One Piece Odyssey' gets release date

one piece.JPG

After launching on PC and home consoles last year, One Piece Odyssey is set to launch on the Nintendo Switch. Publisher Bandai Namco has announced the launch date of the port today and aired a new trailer for the occasion:

In ONE PIECE ODYSSEY, players take control of each member of the Straw Hat Crew in exploration or turn-based command battle, as they cross paths with an incredible storm leaving them astray on the strange, mysterious island of Waford, while the Thousand Sunny is almost sunk and left in tatters. While exploring the island and its ancient ruins, they meet Adio and Lim, two inhabitants of Waford. After being deprived of their strengths by the mysterious power of Lim, a new daring journey begins for the crew with new characters and monsters designed by Eiichiro Oda as well as an original storyline intertwined with memories of their past adventures.

The Nintendo Switch version of One Piece Odyssey includes the following in addition to the base game:
  • Reunion of Memories additional scenario that can be played after clearing the main game
  • Extra outfits for the Straw Hat Crew with the Traveling outfits and the Sniper King’s Traveling Outfit
  • The City of Water outfits will be making their debut on the Nintendo Switch version.
One Piece Odyssey launches on the Nintendo Switch on July 26th.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, if backwards compatibility and scaling is a thing, it shouldn't matter. Either way, it is better than a completely slow Switch year.

I can only think of one game I've got, that has error out.

ChronosNotashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, if backwards compatibility and scaling is a thing, it shouldn't matter. Either way, it is better than a completely slow Switch year.

I can only think of one game I've got, that has error out.
Yeah, despite what many people might claim, I've actually had very few games that have actually errored out, even when I did something unexpected that pushed the hardware. Only one game has errored out multiple times over the time I've played it (and a bit more frequently in the past couple of months), and it was a Bandai Namco game that honestly has a few issues in general.

Last edited by ChronosNotashi,

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, despite what many people might claim, I've actually had very few games that have actually errored out, even when I did something unexpected that pushed that pushed the hardware. Only one game has errored out multiple times over the time I've played it (and a bit more frequently in the past couple of months), and it was a Bandai Namco game that honestly has a few issues in general.
from my gameplay ive found that alot of the crashes on port games seem to be releated to memory leaks. if you play some of these games for 15minutes and close them they wont crash but if u play for multiple hours expect for some crashing. used to not be that way but the quality standards when the switch first came out were alot higher than what they allow to be released now.

developers hardly ever finish a game before releasing it anymore on any system. the problem is that only some developers ever go back and polish out bugs and memory leaks from coding mistakes. gamers are the q/a testing departments now

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the game any good? I started playing the demo on PS4 though since there was too much text and walking I just got bored of it.

Would prefer a more action adventure game with sailing, ya know, a pirates game which would be fitting for the One Piece.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
much dialouge? imma skip dat shit. cant stand it....even in pokemon it annoys me.
Is the game any good? I started playing the demo on PS4 though since there was too much text and walking I just got bored of it.

Would prefer a more action adventure game with sailing, ya know, a pirates game which would be fitting for the One Piece.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Bought the game for PS5 and the game is way better than I was expecting. It starts a bit slow, roughly the first hour, after that it improves a lot.

For people who enjoy One Piece and Dragon Quest, it's an absolute gem. If you don't read or watch One Piece, it can be confusing, but for fans, it's just great.

The story was written Oda himself so it is pretty good lore wise.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought the game for PS5 and the game is way better than I was expecting. It starts a bit slow, roughly the first hour, after that it improves a lot.

For people who enjoy One Piece and Dragon Quest, it's an absolute gem. If you don't read or watch One Piece, it can be confusing, but for fans, it's just great.

The story was written Oda himself so it is pretty good lore wise.
What's the gameplay like?

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What's the gameplay like?
It's a turn based RPG.
The game itself is very similar to DQ while combat has some similarities to Persona (the way weaknesses and criticals work, as well as combos). Outside of combat each character has a skill which is needed for certain stuff (kinda like HM's in Pokemon).

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Bored