The SEGA Genesis Mini 2 will be released in the west this October

kl;fdskl;fd.png

If the SEGA Genesis Mini was so great, why isn't there a sequel? Well, now there is: SEGA will be releasing a second Genesis/Mega Drive Mini console, modeled after the original model 2 Genesis console, and it'll be released in North America as well. The miniature system will offer over 50 games, many of which were not on the first Genesis Mini, and will also include SEGA CD games. Two of the games are brand new backports to the Genesis as well--Fantasy Zone and Star Mobile, which were previously PC Engine and Master System releases. Right now, only North America and Japan are confirmed to get the Genesis Mini 2, where it'll be released in the west on October 27th. Some of the confirmed games can be seen below:

• After Burner 2
  • Alien Soldier
  • Bonanza Brothers
  • Fantasy Zone
  • Lightening Force
  • Mansion of Hidden Souls (Sega CD)
  • Night Striker (Sega CD)
  • Ninja Warriors (Sega CD)
  • OutRun
  • OutRunners
  • Rainbow Islands Extra
  • Rolling Thunder 2
  • Shining Force CD (Sega CD)
  • Shining in the Darkness
  • Silpheed (Sega CD)
  • Sonic 3D Blast
  • Sonic CD (Sega CD)
  • Splatterhouse 2
  • Star Mobile
  • Super Hang On
  • The Ooze
  • Vectorman 2
  • Virtua Racing

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Always thought that design of this one was horrible and cheap, especially the controller. The first model is so much better looking.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to get Sega Mega Drive 2 but I am fine with Sega Mega Drive 1 because of Mega Man Wily Wars. No games on the list interested me. Now, some people who didn't had the first one should get this one if they like the games that they are looking for. :)

Reactions: LuigiXL

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, it would be nice if these things can play actual carts. Would be easy to replace those terrbile ATGAMES consoles that both had preloaded games and play carts. Just this will have better emulation. :ninja:

Skyhigh_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will buy one of these just for collection and not sure much for what they can do or handle.

I remember i saw the first mini genesis release and even saw it go on sale in north America for like $25 and still didn't buy it and now that i want one they are $100 or more new..

Good thing i snatched up a playstation classic when they went for $20 now they are like $70.

I think these will be $50?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to get Sega Mega Drive 2 but I am fine with Sega Mega Drive 1 because of Mega Man Wily Wars. No games on the list interested me. Now, some people who didn't had the first one should get this one if they like the games that they are looking for. :)
I read the first Genesis was great unlike that pile of shit made by AT Games, but at the end of the day it was just Genesis games.

This, this definitely interests me and I'll get for the Sega CD games.

Reactions: spotanjo3

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I'm glad Sonic 3D Blast is part of the collection even though it always left me confused.

Shame there's no A.I.R. version to make it better.

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know, I'm glad Sonic 3D Blast is part of the collection even though it always left me confused.

Shame there's no A.I.R. version to make it better.
There is a director's cut version! One of the lead developers released a patch a couple years ago that fixes some bugs, improves the controls and camera, and I think re-adds some cut features but I don't remember what.

Reactions: Bobsy and Marc_LFD

Robika

Trophies
XP
Country
Always thought that design of this one was horrible and cheap, especially the controller. The first model is so much better looking.
I liked the EU version with the red buttons It was my very first console ever. It is responsable for my career as a game designer.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work