The SEGA Genesis Mini 2 will be released in the west this October

kl;fdskl;fd.png

If the SEGA Genesis Mini was so great, why isn't there a sequel? Well, now there is: SEGA will be releasing a second Genesis/Mega Drive Mini console, modeled after the original model 2 Genesis console, and it'll be released in North America as well. The miniature system will offer over 50 games, many of which were not on the first Genesis Mini, and will also include SEGA CD games. Two of the games are brand new backports to the Genesis as well--Fantasy Zone and Star Mobile, which were previously PC Engine and Master System releases. Right now, only North America and Japan are confirmed to get the Genesis Mini 2, where it'll be released in the west on October 27th. Some of the confirmed games can be seen below:

• After Burner 2
  • Alien Soldier
  • Bonanza Brothers
  • Fantasy Zone
  • Lightening Force
  • Mansion of Hidden Souls (Sega CD)
  • Night Striker (Sega CD)
  • Ninja Warriors (Sega CD)
  • OutRun
  • OutRunners
  • Rainbow Islands Extra
  • Rolling Thunder 2
  • Shining Force CD (Sega CD)
  • Shining in the Darkness
  • Silpheed (Sega CD)
  • Sonic 3D Blast
  • Sonic CD (Sega CD)
  • Splatterhouse 2
  • Star Mobile
  • Super Hang On
  • The Ooze
  • Vectorman 2
  • Virtua Racing

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still not keen on the idea of over $100 for a mini console but the PC Engine Mini was sold at that price point before so I guess including CD games means bumping up the specs to use bigger but pricier storage chips.

Snatcher has to be an inevitable announcement since Konami seems to love mining their back catalogue.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still not keen on the idea of over $100 for a mini console but the PC Engine Mini was sold at that price point before so I guess including CD games means bumping up the specs to use bigger but pricier storage chips.

Snatcher has to be an inevitable announcement since Konami seems to love mining their back catalogue.
It appears the Amazon Japan price so the Western prices should be a bit lower.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It appears the Amazon Japan price so the Western prices should be a bit lower.
It really is a terrible deal, probably like 3x what I paid for the previous Genesis Mini, although I got that one on sale.

I'm not sure what's going on with that shipped from Amazon Japan nonsense, but there's a possibility it won't change if they don't want to pay for local Amazon warehouse space. That is the official Sega listing they're currently promoting from their website. If you have any interest, you should preorder it now and think about canceling later while hoping something improves with the distribution.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a director's cut version! One of the lead developers released a patch a couple years ago that fixes some bugs, improves the controls and camera, and I think re-adds some cut features but I don't remember what.
It's amazing what he's doing for this game and the soundtrack, absolutely spectacular!

A widescreen mode would be nice.

I thought Genesis music sounded bad compared to SNES, but it was due to the incompetence of developers/composers.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read the first Genesis was great unlike that pile of shit made by AT Games, but at the end of the day it was just Genesis games.
Because AT games is dumpster fire. This "Not at games" system has emulation by M2 which is way better than just about any thing sega put out related to emulation. All those compilations, some of them by back bone entertainment, digital eclipse, that latest collection by dt3 or whatever the company is called (That did the Shenmue 1&2 HD versions) and whatnot. Is just much better. The only downside to This one specifically is that you can't use your original cartridges with them.

If you compared them all to M2 versions, back to back, it's hard to notice much of a difference. Most of the issues are from the sound not being emulated properly, the audio having delay or the video output options not being ideal (either not having interger scale, lacking filters or non distracting borders).

Reactions: Marc_LFD

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I may pick one of these up, especially if they are hackable and able to expand storage to add more games. But then a part of me wants to wait to see if they release a mini tower of power.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I may pick one of these up, especially if they are hackable and able to expand storage to add more games. But then a part of me wants to wait to see if they release a mini tower of power.

The tower of power was only for the first mini. This one is getting the Mega CD 2 addon (at least in Japan anyway)

CGhEeMT.jpg

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the same company that wanted to get rid of the Genesis originals and CW 2011 CD remake more than a month ago now feels good enough to rerelease the original version of Sonic CD. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-
Grab your tinfoil hat and allow me to unleash the truth.*
They were probably delisted so they could have an excuse to remove Sonic 3 ROMs with the old music. The other games were just delisted to distract from the legal-issues side of things, which is why they weren't at all thorough with removing the other games.

* I don't know this for a fact it's just my guess but cmon think about it that makes sense right??? you can still get the free mobile versions of those games it can't just be an origins sale push

Reactions: MaxiBash

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see anything in tgis that would make it more desirable than the first one. I mean, it ran Sega CD just as well and if yoy don't mod it, games on this one aren't rrally enticing.

Borgman2018

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is no shortage of Mega Drive minis 2 at MSRP on Amazon (in fact, I predict that they'll put it on sale in a couple of months), yet people is scalping it on ebay for a 50% markup nonetheless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge