Hacking [Tuto] R4i SDHC (and other clones) - How to play new games ?

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CalamityDjenn said:
Well, you all know these cards kernel is DSTT based...

Here is the correspondance schem :

Code:
Blahblahblah

So, copying and renaming DSTT files in order to use them natively works, except for the INFbase.dll and infdase.dll.
If I just copy twice infolib.dat then rename to the .dll, I can play Sonic Colours, Monopoly and I can boot Super Scribblenauts -which gives me an infinite introduction (I can't do that at all before) BUT I got a problem with the Pokemon Black V5 rom I play through TTMenu.nds...

Problems - Please have a look to help... :
If I keep the original infdase.dll but change the INFbase.dll with a copy of infolib.dat = errcode=-4
If I keep the original INFbase.dll but change the infdase.dll with a copy of infolib.dat= errcode=-4
If I change both to the last infolib.dat available = errcode=-5

ORIGINAL FILES :

INFbase.dll = 530,00Kio (542720 octets) - 5200 entries - 26 March 2010
infdase.dll = 536,9Kio (549792 octets) 5281 entries - 30 July 2010
extinfo.dll = 53,9 Kio (55242 octets) 348 entries - 30 July 2010

Here are the difference that ttds.exe shows :

I used a random ID to compare...... WTF ??? I don't get what are these two files for, except INFbase.dll SHOULD BE the infolib.dat, but what is the other one for? Does someone have an idea, and a solution? :/
I have this Card. R4i-DSHC.com Its a pain, as the normal YSMenu doesnt work on it. BUT! I ASSURE YOU! the full kit of 6.33 will work perfectly! wipe your card, place 6.33 on there, and pwnz noobz!
moogle.gif
You wont have to use the crappy firmware ever again. Besides, that renameing crap only worked so much =/ it started being a pain for me a while back.

If your card is not infact an R4i-DSHC, all you need to do is properly DLDI patch and rename TTMENU.DAT to whatever your firmware uses.
moogle.gif
Cheers!

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Bunie said:
I have this Card. R4i-DSHC.com Its a pain, as the normal YSMenu doesnt work on it. BUT! I ASSURE YOU! the full kit of 6.33 will work perfectly! wipe your card, place 6.33 on there, and pwnz noobz!
moogle.gif
You wont have to use the crappy firmware ever again. Besides, that renameing crap only worked so much =/ it started being a pain for me a while back.

If your card is not infact an R4i-DSHC, all you need to do is properly DLDI patch and rename TTMENU.DAT to whatever your firmware uses.
moogle.gif
Cheers!

The normal YSMenu/TTMenu DOES work on it
smile.gif

I can launch all new games using the last Retrogamefan files.
Only the Pokemon black/white English V5 Patched gives me an errcode=-4 or errcode=-5 on loading.

The solution I'm working on here is to use the YSMenu/TTMenu files as a NATIVE firmware, no more dual boot for the card.
It has to work, I just need to find why it does not load this patched rom....

-----> For the moment, you can edit the Cookies.dll and add TTMENU.NDS as default boot so you would not have to launch it through the 'R4' kernel, that would be automatic.

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't seem to understand...
I can do it through TTMENU.NDS, no problem.

I wanna do it WITHOUT launching an extra kernel.
So I modified the /SYSTEM/ files to do so, it does work for every new games I got into infolib.dat and extinfo.dat, which are extinfo.dll and INFbase.dll + infdase.dll here.
I can launch any game I have been using through TTMENU.NDS + new games like Sonic Colours which did not work before as was not using the last .dat files.
I just copied the v6.33 infolib.dat+extinfo.dat into my /SYSTEM/ folder, and renamed them.
I am not using any /TTMENU.NDS, /TTMenu.dat and /TTMENU/ files anymore
wink.gif

Only pokemon black/white English V5 patched does not load and I wanna find why. Is it about the dldi file?

EDIT 14.11.10 : How to launch the TTMENU.NDS automatically when taping the middle/left icon (to get the file explorer).
See first page.

Totoy_Kamote

Trophies
XP
Country
CalamityDjenn said:
You don't seem to understand...
I can do it trhough TTMENU.NDS, no problem.

I wanna do it WITHOUT launching an extra kernel.
So I modified the /SYSTEM/ files to do so, it does work for every new games I got into infolib.dat and extinfo.dat, which are extinfo.dll and INFbase.dll + infdase.dll here.

Only pokemon black/white English V5 patched does not load.

EDIT 14.11.10 : How to launch the TTMENU.NDS automatically when taping the middle/left icon (to get the file explorer).
See first page.

hmmn... so you made progress... if ever you complete this 100% can you share it with me? i liked the idea...
biggrin.gif

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh got it to work
smile.gif
It was a misunderstood between the R4patch.dat and ttpatch.dat, they are not the same data.
Now, Pokemon Black English V5 patched boots fine.

I'm testing the Pokemon White V5.01 (english patch with some translated in French), it did not boot but I think it comes from the file itself and not the system.

I'll update my tutorial as we don't need a second firmware anymore
smile.gif

Totoy_Kamote

Trophies
XP
Country
CalamityDjenn said:
Oh got it to work
smile.gif
It was a misunderstood between the R4patch.dat and ttpatch.dat, they are not the same data.
Now, Pokemon Black English V5 patched boots fine.

I'm testing the Pokemon White V5.01 (english patch with some translated in French), it did not boot but I think it comes from the file itself and not the system.

I'll update my tutorial as we don't need a second firmware anymore
smile.gif
i read your post here

great... i'll be waiting and tnx in advance!
biggrin.gif

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Done
wink.gif

The last thing I would like to do, is to find the file where is written the code for the 3 icons menu.
I would like to modify that as the file explorer loads from left, so we could use R4 Original themes.

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
rikardo03 said:
i got a question about renaming of the files...

"!=" what does that mean? it means not equal right? so i don't need to rename the file?

i'm confused about that one...

R4patch.dat != ttpatch.dat
R4RESET.dll != ttreset.dat (not tested enough)

It means to be carefull cause R4patch.dat does not have the same function than ttpatch.dat but some people use to think they do, so refer to the files correspondance list. And you can keep your R4reset.dll.

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I could do it but I don't even know what you need and what you got...
Native file system working?
Dual boot with DSTT kernel?
Which website's have you got for your card?

And by the way, if you don't understand this tutorial, how would you keep up to date your linker' system, uh?
I am not gonna do that for every R4-DSTT clones that exists, above all when Retrogamefan publishes database updates really often....

webpleasure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
CalamityDjenn said:
I could do it but I don't even know what you need and what you got...
Native file system working?
Dual boot with DSTT kernel?
Which website's have you got for your card?

And by the way, if you don't understand this tutorial, how would you keep up to date your linker' system, uh?
I am not gonna do that for every R4-DSTT clones that exists, above all when Retrogamefan publishes database updates really often....

Hi, i have an R4i-SDHC (http://www.r4i-sdhc.com). I dont understand how get DSTT Kernel compatible with my card.
If possible i need a DSTT kernel working on my card.
I know how working retro update's...i need only a starting point.

Thank you.

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sorry as I don't have an R4i Gold I cannot test your system files but :

CODEGAMEINFO.dat = infolib.dat
savlib.dat = savlib.dat (Noooo, realllyyyyy??? :P)
Demonrst.dat

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've made an experimental firmware that i can't try before tomorrow based on menu scheme of r4isdhc (www.r4isdhc.com) hardware.

*** not working kernel ***

I've renamed the file extinfo from dstt firmware in map.bin and with an hex editor i've replaced the string "ExtInfo" with the string "Hibric ".

Other files are:

GAMEINFO.dat = infolib.dat
savlib.dat = savlib.dat
Demonrst.dat = ttreset.dat
R4iLoader.dat = ttpatch.dat

You can try it, but i not ensure you it works.

All files are updated to new savlib, extinfo, infolib released 18 november 2010.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/xgxsuYlcyTE?t=121