Hacking WII downgrader

elvis24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use this to upgrade my wii from 3.1e to 3.2e
And is there any way of downloading the files rather than needing to download them from nintendos servers.
Thanks.

siggy2guitar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have 3.2 (or w/e the newest frimware is that lets you play trucha signed games) but one time i accidently started an update so it got a few % before i unplugged it, and now i cant run trucha signed disked, so if i downgrade my wii how can i upgrade it back to 3.2 and NOT 3.3

-Unknown-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, here's my history:

-Had HBC installed and WiiGator Backup Launcher 0.1 (all working)
-Didn't realize WiiConnect24 was enabled and my Wii. Wii updated to 3.3U automatically without my knowledge (I could see the version when entering WiiSettings)
-Used Downgrader to get back to 3.2U (successful)

Now I'm having difficulty running my backups (non-chipped Wii, using WiiGator's Backup Launder), where they worked before (when I was initially @ 3.2)

I figured I should try to install the cIOS again (CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad) incase 3.3 messed it up.
I tried to uninstall my cIOS but WAD Manager (1.0) yields a -1017 error.... installing it yields a -1035 error. I'm stuck...
Same goes for cIOS fix (same errors).

I understand that the 3.3 update blocks the installation of WADs/cIOSs but I thought downgrading to 3.2 would've enabled this again....am I missing something? Please help.

Thank you for reading this far.

-Unknown-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-Unknown- said:

-Didn't realize WiiConnect24 was enabled and my Wii. Wii updated to 3.3U automatically without my knowledge (I could see the version when entering WiiSettings)

Now I'm having difficulty running my backups (non-chipped Wii, using WiiGator's Backup Launder), where they worked before (when I was initially @ 3.2)

I figured I should try to install the cIOS again (CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad) incase 3.3 messed it up.
I tried to uninstall my cIOS but WAD Manager (1.0) yields a -1017 error.... installing it yields a -1035 error. I'm stuck...

I understand that the 3.3 update blocks the installation of WADs/cIOSs but I thought downgrading to 3.2 would've enabled this again....am I missing something? Please help.

Fixed. Involves using AnyTitleDeleter to remove IOS249. Will post a full explanation (since finding the solution was very difficult for me). Have company, will write soon.

vic1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a custom ios install (CIOS36_rev5) and when i try to downgrade in the first step (install de custom ios37 rev3 ) an error ocurred "ERROR: CUSTOM IOS COULD NOT BE INSTALLED (RET: -2011)" i don't know that to do =(

-Unknown- it will be of great help your solution thanks

vic1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
You already have cIOS, so you don't need to install it again.

thank you, actually i have the latest update (3.3v2) with that cios (CIOS36_rev5) I Want to make the downgrade so i can use the back up launcher 0.3.

In conclusion all i need to do is to run the zelda hack and then run the Custom IOS Downgrader v1.0?

vic1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
last question, sorry to bother you a lot =(

the IOS Downgrader v1.2 is better than the IOS Downgrader v1.0?

Running the hmc 9.0 cani run de IOS Downgrader and return to the 3.2 without using the zelda hack? (i have the hmc 8.0 can i use it whit it?

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's the cIOS Downgrader and the IOS Downgrader.
They are different things.

Run the cIOS Downgrader to 3.2 first, THEN IOS Downgrader to add in fake-signing again.

And the HBC versions run apps the same. No worry.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

Run the cIOS Downgrader to 3.2 first, THEN IOS Downgrader to add in fake-signing again.

And the HBC versions run apps the same. No worry.
Yep
smile.gif
got to get yourself back to sexy 3.2 hehe
smile.gif

vic1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:

Now i get it the problem was that in the first page and in waninkoko page i it is called CUSTOM IOS Downgrader 1.2 and the c is from CUSTOM that's why my confussion XD

thank you i will try the downgrade rigth now.

EDIT:
THE UPDATE WAS SUCCESFULL

First i get an error and it failed but i try a second time and it was succesfull, thank you so much all thanks to you Arm the Homeless =)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Amazing how many people was asking for this, and now nobody is thanking Waninkoko for this, by the way I made a donation to the "Waninkoko's Cancer Found"
biggrin.gif
, pretty small for now, but I hoppe to have more to give

-Unknown-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-Unknown- said:
-Unknown- said:

Fixed. Involves using AnyTitleDeleter to remove IOS249. Will post a full explanation (since finding the solution was very difficult for me). Have company, will write soon.

[Trouble Uninstalling CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad / IOS249, Uninstall error -1017, Install error -1035]

Alright, so after a lot of reading, here's what I did in summary:

History:

If you need help to get this far, there's help out there for that (which I won't cover because I'll be here all day).... next steps:
-Use WAD Manager to uninstall "CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad" (you may get an error like I did, -1035 for installing and -1017 for uninstalling, ... just make sure you atleast tried to uninstall)
-Run DVDX (may not be necessary for you) and uninstall IOS249 (I had this installed when putting Backup Launcher 0.1 on initially)
-Get AnyTitleDeleter (as I assume DVDX doesn't fully remove IOS249)
-Run AnyTitleDeleter, under System Files (first option IIRC) and delete/remove IOS249

Now you can proceed with WiiGator's cIOS Installer and Backup Launcher 0.3b (in that order, instructions are out there)

Explanation:
I am not sure where this error was truly coming from (since I couldn't install or uninstall the cIOS), but it appears that IOS249 doesn't get removed unless you use AnyTitleDeleter. That was my missing step. I would like to elaborate further but I am afraid that I don't really understand what happened. I thought the IOS249 was "CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad" but I think I am way off on that. Hence, in order to remove IOS249 (which I thought was cIOS36 rev5) you need something more (AnyTitleDeleter). Hope that helps to whoever needs it.

jan27299

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my Wii modded with a wiikey a few weeks ago and somehow someone from the house updated the wii to v3.3U.
I wanted to downgrade the wii so I installed the TP hack with HB and it worked fine.

I tried to use the downgrader v1.0 but i am getting error 1035 on all of the links for the U region.
I walked away and my little one downgraded the firmware to 3.3E.
I tried all firmeware version on the downgrader and only the 3.3E works.

Now, when i go to the system setting i get a opera page and i am not able to access any settings.
I tried to use downloader 1.2 but it just restarts the wii.

I tried to use the IOS installer and it would just try to install from the net which works but when it tries to finalize installation it errors out.
I never got to install IOS37-64-v2070.wad because it would fail all the time.
I can still play Zelda but not any of my previous backup games.
What can i do???

Please email me at: [email protected] for stuff that can not be posted.

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days