Not open for further replies.

Makenboshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
BoxShot said:
Except it doesn't work for dstt/ysmenu still. It will freeze on the first vid. Well time to try if my pre made sav would work.
More testing and it runs with a premade save but it will freeze on a game over screen and movies. Yes this is using nitro explorer.
was this occured in R4? or other card? because it works fine with my edge

Snooby

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Boxshot, your patch works perfectly fine on the DSOnei, but there are certain parts where the original dub is still there like the noises they make in battle, the noises they make when mostly text shows up on the screen, and some random cinematics lol. Is there anyway to fix that?

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the problem with the English dubbing in this game, considering it's Disney voice talent (who are actually, you know, GOOD), but there's a menu translation for the Japanese patch, but that's all there is. No story translation as far as I know.

mattwo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hero_Of_Fate said:
I don't see the problem with the English dubbing in this game, considering it's Disney voice talent (who are actually, you know, GOOD), but there's a menu translation for the Japanese patch, but that's all there is. No story translation as far as I know.

I agree, the most likely thing is that the American VAs have had AGES of experience in comparison (over-exaggerated maybe but true and who DOESN'T like Robin Williams (genie)?)

achan29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hmm im curious about the battle voices..they sound like english battle voices
and in the beginning part, using the undub rom, I get Axel saying "oh boy"
Wat the heck..

Snooby

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
achan29 said:
Wat the heck..

It's true. Maybe one of the sound files wasn't replaced or is located somewhere else in the rom

achan29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
lmao
i just thought it was funny
well im just undubbing this game for fun
I like original english dysney voices
I got it work finally doing the whole swapping files by myself without using the patch
thx for the steps!!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I getting this right? The point of the undub is to replace the audio from one version with another? Is it me or does this seem kind of like a dumb idea?

If you want Japanese voices in the English version, then that kind of defeats the purpose. Odds are you're playing the English version because you can't understand Japanese, yet you still want to here the uncoherent mindless babble that is Japanese (well, in your mind, since it probably makes as much sense to you as Klingon). And I'm pretty sure all the music is the same, so I'm not seeing the point. It seems just like something just to feed weaboos who can't even understand Japanese but still want to hear it.

But hey, if you want to hack a ROM, go ahead.

post353

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree with undubbing of american releases but for kingdom hearts its a different story. I think english releases for kingdom hearts are the original since disney was american, and had american voice actors, but thats just me.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh did I screw up somewhere or something?
frown.gif
I'd fix it but atm I'm too lazy.

KAge56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Am I getting this right? The point of the undub is to replace the audio from one version with another? Is it me or does this seem kind of like a dumb idea?

If you want Japanese voices in the English version, then that kind of defeats the purpose. Odds are you're playing the English version because you can't understand Japanese, yet you still want to here the uncoherent mindless babble that is Japanese (well, in your mind, since it probably makes as much sense to you as Klingon). And I'm pretty sure all the music is the same, so I'm not seeing the point. It seems just like something just to feed weaboos who can't even understand Japanese but still want to hear it.

well, there's also the missing point of why anybody is trying to push their personal opinion in here ._.
there's a point to changing dub, and we only play it because it's full translated which is the main part of most ds games ._.
i'm pretty sure that if they don't dub the game and just translate the text, there's not much that will change in sales.
you don't have to hear the story to understand it, but people that want to hear it will want to w/ the voice they think fits.

Bolded: wow, what the hell?
the language is going to sound the same whether you understand it or not, you're pretty much being an ass there.
i might as well say english is "uncoherent mindless babble" if i didn't understand it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KAge56 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

well, there's also the missing point of why anybody is trying to push their personal opinion in here ._.
there's a point to changing dub, and we only play it because it's full translated which is the main part of most ds games ._.
i'm pretty sure that if they don't dub the game and just translate the text, there's not much that will change in sales.
you don't have to hear the story to understand it, but people that want to hear it will want to w/ the voice they think fits.

Bolded part: wow, what the hell?
the language is going to sound the same whether you understand it or not, you're pretty much being an ass there.
i might as well say english is "uncoherent mindless babble" if i didn't understand it.

If you understood what I meant, you wouldn't be posting this.

Japanese, as with any language, can be heard as "incoherently mindless babble" to anyone who doesn't know it. If I went up to you and started talking about my day in Klingon, you would think it was incoherent babble. Japanese to me is "incoherently mindless babble", as is German, French, etc. Why? Because I don't know a single word of them, and they sound all funky and weird to me. Sheesh, read it right.

I'm just saying having English text and Japanese voices, or visa versa, doesn't make sense. The only reason people want it is to be weaboos and start getting boners because they're hearing Japanese.

kaizer3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Guild McCommunist said:
KAge56 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Bolded part: wow, what the hell?

If you understood what I meant, you wouldn't be posting this.

Japanese, as with any language, can be heard as "incoherently mindless babble" to anyone who doesn't know it. If I went up to you and started talking about my day in Klingon, you would think it was incoherent babble. Japanese to me is "incoherently mindless babble", as is German, French, etc. Why? Because I don't know a single word of them, and they sound all funky and weird to me. Sheesh, read it right.

I'm just saying having English text and Japanese voices, or visa versa, doesn't make sense. The only reason people want it is to be weaboos and start getting boners because they're hearing Japanese.

dude, if u think undubbing for KH is pointless, why barge into this topic and disturb people who wanted to undub the game? Your way of posting an arguement here (u stating that- Quote:"Is it me or does this seem kind of like a dumb idea?" is not only disturbing but also provoking those who intends to undub the game...
keep those opinions to yourself next time.)

also, just because you never studied japanese, dont assume over ALL THE MEMBERS in this board dont understand japanese. I can speak japanese and english just as well (my english and japanese may be rusty but at least people understand what i am trying to say)...

Many people prefers Japanese voice acting for various reasons you may yet comprehend...mainly because of the english voice acting sux...KH may have superb english voice acting...but there are people who are curious of how japanese KH sounded (duh, coz they never played Japanese KH and they are curious about it?)

also, if u have played as many undub games as i have, you'd realise that English dubbing is usually strayed/exaggerated from the original Japanese meaning...example:
"omae....yurusenai.." (direct translation : YOU...Unforgivable!!)
but
when english game is out its exaggerated into this "why are you doing this?! I cant forgive you!!!"

i know u may think "its almost the same translation, so?"
but there are people like me who wanted to know what was the original author's script is...
and even i too am curious if english version did stray from original japanese scripts...

...and of coz, no one can deny the fact that when japanese girls scream "kya!!" when afraid or falling down , they sound a lot cuter than english's more mature voiced girl scream "argh"...

Reactions: NaRayquaza

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

I made a topic a few months ago saying the same thing.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=2079252

People think Japan is better even if they can't understand it. This topic made me hate GBATemp sooooo much.

Apparently not being fluent in Japanese makes you an ignorant American. Which is odd seeing as how I'm Canadian (I do live in the US tho), and have taken years of French and Spanish. Dumbasses.

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
DxEggman said:
People think Japan is better even if they can't understand it.
No.
DxEggman said:
This topic made me hate GBATemp sooooo much.
I lol'd. As if we care.
QUOTE(DxEggman @ Sep 30 2009, 10:20 PM)
Apparently not being fluent in Japanese makes you an ignorant American. Which is odd seeing as how I'm Canadian (I do live in the US tho), and have taken years of French and Spanish. Dumbasses.
This was just stupid, man. Think before posting.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
You know, has anyone actually noticed the fact that the only voiced Disney characters are Mickey Donald and Goofy? And from the fact that I've played both the Japanes version and the English version, I have to say with those three that Mickey sounds the same, except it's Japanese, Goofy practically sounds the same too, and Donald sounds the same too. Also, Disney characters don't have voices except when you battle with them in mission mode like "Heeyah" "Waaah" and that kind of stuff, so don't even get started with Disney characters since you obviously haven't played the game long enough.

Then, you come to the other characters, Roxas, well, Jesse did a pretty okay job, Quinton did better than the Japanese actor, Xemnas, the Japanese one was better. Riku, well, his voice sounds deeper in the English version, but I don't know how it makes a difference to you. Sora's sounds KH2'ish on both, but it's only he mission mode so like "Heeyaah" and stuff. Diz, I dunno really. Ansem was creepy as usual. Xion, since she has the same voice as Kairi's, it's pretty much a tie between Jap and English. Namine sounded the same, soft and cute on both.

I'll leave you to judge it.

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
achan29 said:
Wat the heck..

That might be because Boxshot didn't rename one of the files (if I read correctly). So one sound file is still in English.
I undubbed it myself after Boxshot told me what to use to extract, and I don't remember Axel saying that in English.

I have a question to the people that don't like people that prefer undubs...
Why do you even care?

It's not like we care about which version of the dubs you guys like. You guys just keep asking the same question over and over and over again, and we will always give the same answer. I am sure that some people even copied and paste it onto an text file, so they can copy and paste their answer for the same people asking the same question. If you guys don't like the topic, don't even bother coming in and asking the same question and getting the same answer, instead, just ignore it and move on so the topic stays on track. Seriously, do you guys have that much time to complain?

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Woah! Those files are huge! How can it take up so much of the game? I thought most of those 256 MB were made of graphics files and data files.

Well, just so you know, everything I said was completely unbiased. Well, it was unbiased in terms of the fact I wasn't judging people who like or dislike undubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtS4xlffyuI