OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rednorka.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Russia
Hi, I recently wanted to start using my flashcard again, for DS homebrew and nostalgia sake. I got annoyed by the fact I have to plug my SD card into PC every time I need to put files in there and tried to set up an FTP server with no luck.

Here's my flashcard setup:
* It's a R4i-SDHC 3DS cart from r4i-sdhc.com
* Uses latest (at the point of writing) flashcard-bootstrap to launch into Moonshell 2.10 instead of usual firmware (why? i just like that menu better!)
* Moonshell file isn't patched I think? Reports DSTT boyakkey ver. as its DLDI driver in the logs
* FTP servers tried: DSFTP (2.6) and ftpd (asiekierka fork), without and with DLDI patches
* DLDI patches tried: DSTT reimplementation (regular and SDHC) from DS-Homebrew Github, boyakkey ver. from same repo
* ftpd only shows white screen, while DSFTP reports "nothing to read" error despite having files it can read on the SD card
* Lilou Box was tested too, but has touchscreen issues and generally feels clunky; I would like to avoid it

If anyone can help me figure out a working FTP solution I would be grateful!
(Just... please don't suggest me things like "use your 3DS/phone instead". I've been on these forums for long enough to know some people do that)

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I recently wanted to start using my flashcard again, for DS homebrew and nostalgia sake. I got annoyed by the fact I have to plug my SD card into PC every time I need to put files in there and tried to set up an FTP server with no luck.

Here's my flashcard setup:
* It's a R4i-SDHC 3DS cart from r4i-sdhc.com
* Uses latest (at the point of writing) flashcard-bootstrap to launch into Moonshell 2.10 instead of usual firmware (why? i just like that menu better!)
* Moonshell file isn't patched I think? Reports DSTT boyakkey ver. as its DLDI driver in the logs
* FTP servers tried: DSFTP (2.6) and ftpd (asiekierka fork), without and with DLDI patches
* DLDI patches tried: DSTT reimplementation (regular and SDHC) from DS-Homebrew Github, boyakkey ver. from same repo
* ftpd only shows white screen, while DSFTP reports "nothing to read" error despite having files it can read on the SD card
* Lilou Box was tested too, but has touchscreen issues and generally feels clunky; I would like to avoid it

If anyone can help me figure out a working FTP solution I would be grateful!
(Just... please don't suggest me things like "use your 3DS/phone instead". I've been on these forums for long enough to know some people do that)
U have tried all ftp server avaliable for ds mode so your just gonna have to used pluging in sd card when u want to put files on it unfortunately bud

Rednorka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rednorka.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Russia
Meaning what, exactly? What can you do in DS mode that uses your network connection?
Standard stuff like online multiplayer (w/ Wiimmfi) works, and I can actually connect to DSFTP too - but reports "nothing to read" error before closing connection, which is most likely not related to network.

Rednorka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rednorka.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Russia
Update: turns out the problem was my FTP client... the only thing I haven't checked because I got so used to the one I have (Cx File Explorer for Android). I'll be looking into ones that work and look good now!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol