Hacking Pictures of a fake Acekard 2i

step29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(If you want to. Sticky this as this information is very important)

8xjyus.jpg

This is a picture of a Acekard 2i. Looks real right? Think again.

Hi I am a owner of a fake Acekard 2i and today I will show you what a fake Acekard 2i looks like inside.

First All lets remove the sticker of the Acekard 2i Shall we?
smile.gif

m9813n.jpg

So basically if you have a XLINKX chip. Your Acekard2i is a fake. Because the Acekard Team never use a XLINKX Chip. But if you have a Actel chip. Your good to go

Now lets look more inside the fake Acekard 2i

4ht9w5.jpg

This is what the back of a fake Acekard2i looks like

2upebh3.jpg

And this is the front of a fake Acekard 2i

So guys please be careful when you buy a Acekard 2i or you might end up like me

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I checked mine, there's nothing under it... just plastic. No little bump.

I got it from DealExtreme in like May. It's worked fine with the AKIO firmware, but the spring recently broke on it.

Is mine fake? Or a newer/older version maybe?

Edit: Also, how did you open the cart? I want to open mine, but don't want to break it.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
please host your images at pix.gbatemp.net. tinypics will eventually purge the images and make your post useless.

Saywhatjj4 said:
let me guess you bought that Ak2i From DX Didnt ya
smileipb2.png
Step29

dx will not knowingly sell a fake kit to a customer. if you pay for an ak2i and get a clone they will make it right. frankly i'm appalled that you attempted to put them in a bad light.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
real, fake, clone - whatever! if it didn't come from team acekard, its a fake. it’s a fake acekard if it isn't a real genuine acekard.

akaio 1.4.1 already doesn't run on the clones. future loader updates will be signed to work with 1.5 and will not run in older akaio builds. users with the clones will not be able to use akaio and will not qualify for the 1 yr warranty on the acekard products. team acekard has made mistakes in the past but they always fix them. they recalled the ak2 and fixed them. my point is that they like to have some sense of quality control. a clone maker doesn't care, they are in it for the money. these clones are already being reported as selling for 25$+ at conventions. if the kit dies, people have no clue it wasn't real, they might be inclined to just by another at that inflated price. the clone makers get rich, acekards reputation falters, users get ripped off. the whole thing is a vicious bullshit circle. so even if the card *would* work just as well as the original, supporting the clone makers supports the downfall of a great company and an affordable linker with the best gui driven firmware in the scene.

again, please host the images in the top post at pix.gbatemp.net. it's free! =)

-another world

gamekool

Trophies
Website
www.gamekool.com
XP
Country
United States
Saywhatjj4 said:
What he Means is that Team Acekard Never Uses XLINKX Chips..EVER! Only Actel Chips
So if you have a XLINKX Chip, Good bye for your Acekard

that's quite true....
due to acekard using rom hacking which means hacking is not accompolished in 100%....the chip should be seens when you remove the sticker...
and all acekard product using Actel chip...if not...they are not only clone,but fake..with no support..

zachsupercoolvid

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought one from gamebygame and there website gamewoot got chaged to gamebygame and my acekard has no little square in it it just looks normal !!!!like a normal ds game dose this mean its fake?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
The newer Acekard 2i has no lump at all. Stop having a heart attack because you don't have an older model.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.