UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Uranuskiller: If I've understood correctly, it's nintendo's wifi drivers that are pathetic, so bootmii/MINI could probably help on this? I wonder how much of work it is to port a program to bootmii platform when it has all the drivers and otherwise finalized..

And please make the GUI pretty.. I'm sucker for pretty GUI's.
your'e exactly right, I was speaking in quick language, it will take too long to get drivers etc for the wii's wifi, so I'm just saying how it is now. Yeah XBMC is a generation back, but still beyond MPlayer, although it uses mplayer if you know what I mean.
But XBMC isn't hear on wii *yet*, so you deal with what is.

Who really cares about true quality? I certainly don't otherwise why would I use my wii?
dry.gif

gloscherrybomb

Trophies
XP
Country
The point I was trying to make is, porting XMBC when mini is done shouldn't be a massive task after it has been ported to PPC. When I say not a massive task, that is if a number of skilled devs get to work on it.

I think this would be better than focussing just on mplayer CE, which would take years to get anywhere near XBMC - we could just skip all that development and go for a port.

rommy667

Trophies
XP
Country
Xbox1 around here if you can get your hands on one is 15 euro and man its the best 15 euro youll ever spend xbmc is so awsome in 720p and all the emus are now at 720p as well lob in a 750 hd and you simply wont get more bang for your buck i love it so much ive 2 of them
smile.gif
i dont think xbmc on the wii would be as good simply over the 480p crap..........

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh well I just ordered me a HDX1000 which can play anything you throw at it, but its expensive.
Nevertheless still keen to see a good media player for the wii

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not one to argue against the XBox1, because I love that thing, but due to real estate, it's out of the rotation, since the Wii and 360 are in the rotation. I'd love to have the features of the XBox1 on the little tiny Wii. That's my hope. If it never comes, no big deal, but if skilled/interested people want to bring it to light, more power to them/good luck/can't wait.

DEagleson

Gamer Extraordinaire
Trophies
Website
raptr.com
XP
Country
Norway
I would love to have XBMC running on my Nintendo Wii.
Maybe it even included support for third party usb network cards so that it was possible to set up samba shares without using Wi-Fi.
smile.gif

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LightyKD said:
thc42O said:
Back on topic. we basically have xbmc, the only thing that needs to be done is Mplayer needs to have sex with Usbloader and they will birth a NWMC nintendo wii media center

THAT My friend is what needs to happen. xbmc had python scripts too which would be great but hey.

however on the wii, what features would be needed is a main splash screen that it can load wiiware / vc / usb games / movies / music

GAHHHH!!!! ENOUGH WITH THE ALL IN ONE BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! A media player needs to do only ONE thing... play MEDIA! Media as in Movies and Music THATS ALL!!! If you people so despirately want a new System Menu then maybe you shouldnt have purchased a WII in the first place!!! Gee I thought the reason behind buying a console is because you agreed with the first party's philosophy on gaming, not wanted to change it
frown.gif
why are you even alive, your the load ur mother should of gulped back

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
drmarvin said:
I'm not one to argue against the XBox1, because I love that thing, but due to real estate, it's out of the rotation, since the Wii and 360 are in the rotation. I'd love to have the features of the XBox1 on the little tiny Wii. That's my hope. If it never comes, no big deal, but if skilled/interested people want to bring it to light, more power to them/good luck/can't wait.
due to real estate? you sold your house with the xbox1 in it?
tongue.gif

no matter WHAT they do, 720p is never coming.. so buy a popcorn hour ;P (or your xbox360 for avi's?)

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also, those with a ps3 or xbox360, have a look at their possibilities, esp the ps3 is quite nice, tho both are limited to .avi .mp4 .wmv (no mkv unless you transcode while u stream)

wiiman123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
XBMC still has a lot more to offer than XBOX360 (other than HD playback). 360 should have mkv support but it doesn't
frown.gif
while xbmc on xbox1 just can't handle 720p or 1080p playback.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wiiman123 said:
XBMC still has a lot more to offer than XBOX360 (other than HD playback). 360 should have mkv support but it doesn't
frown.gif
while xbmc on xbox1 just can't handle 720p or 1080p playback.
I already said that
tongue.gif
Anyhoo, for those people who reFUSE to get an xbox1 as those in this thread might like a ps3/xbox360...

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
manias said:
drmarvin said:
due to real estate? you sold your house with the xbox1 in it?
tongue.gif

no matter WHAT they do, 720p is never coming.. so buy a popcorn hour ;P (or your xbox360 for avi's?)

I agree that the 360 will do most of the things I want it to, but due to "real estate" (space concerns near TV), I don;'t want an XBox1 also, just so I can stream shoutcast, etc, but I'd still love having a Wii be able to do the things the XBox1 could do because it's soooo much smaller.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thc42O said:
LightyKD said:
thc42O said:
Back on topic. we basically have xbmc, the only thing that needs to be done is Mplayer needs to have sex with Usbloader and they will birth a NWMC nintendo wii media center

THAT My friend is what needs to happen. xbmc had python scripts too which would be great but hey.

however on the wii, what features would be needed is a main splash screen that it can load wiiware / vc / usb games / movies / music

GAHHHH!!!! ENOUGH WITH THE ALL IN ONE BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! A media player needs to do only ONE thing... play MEDIA! Media as in Movies and Music THATS ALL!!! If you people so despirately want a new System Menu then maybe you shouldnt have purchased a WII in the first place!!! Gee I thought the reason behind buying a console is because you agreed with the first party's philosophy on gaming, not wanted to change it
frown.gif

...Um, excuse you?!?! I'm sorry if I happen to be a true Nintendo fan who actually wants my Wii to keep in line with Nintendo's gaming philosophy. Besides, a noob like you (and yes compared to me you're a noob) needs to learn how to show some respect. Until you actually made a decent thread that's starts up some meaningful conversation within the community, don't think you are in any position to hate on me!

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LightyKD said:
thc42O said:
LightyKD said:
thc42O said:

frown.gif

...Um, excuse you?!?! I'm sorry if I happen to be a true Nintendo fan who actually wants my Wii to keep in line with Nintendo's gaming philosophy. Besides, a noob like you (and yes compared to me you're a noob) needs to learn how to show some respect. Until you actually made a decent thread that's starts up some meaningful conversation within the community, don't think you are in any position to hate on me!

I think I am a true Nintendo fan too, always have been, but I always like hardware to go above and beyond if it can. Certainly, personal attacks are out of line, but I don't think it's wrong to want a little more from something, even when I'm fully dedicated to supporting the platform by buying all the games that I play. I like what we have, but I also like the option of having something different. Nothing wrong with that.

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
LightyKD, I understand that I also am just a noob compared to your highness, but you think a little too much of yourself. You're nothing more than just an ordinary guy, no matter what you do in such a place like GBAtemp. A little bit more no-life than others, if that. Also disagree with your post about media players, I would love an all-in-one program. And I definitely am a true Nintendo fan. Or at least was 'till I saw link riding the train in Spirit Tracks trailer.. Anyways.

And sorry for offtopic.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back on topic... If M-Player is indeed getting a new GUI, shouldnt we just simply ask the M-Player crew to stick in the more important XBMC features into their project. I really dont think doing a whole port is necessary when we already have the most important overall feature... media playing. The extra fluff might be easier to tack on to what we already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oj did the Dj
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This the ultimate showdown of criminal celebrities!!!
    Bad guys and charges as far as the eye can see!!!
    I wonder who will survive in prison I wonder who it will be!
    Jared and his blood covered foot long
  • meowie13 @ meowie13:
    hellooo everyone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/7FN990Y lol flip my switch
  • Veho @ Veho:
    How to automate the un-automatable.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kind of useless now considering my cat probably has a wifi chip inside it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I guess it's useful if your landlord doesn't let you rewire the apartment or change the switches.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Smart plugs and bulbs are already around the same price
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wifi power strips even becoming common
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Having a remote servo that can push/pull something for you is still useful.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It could operate a latch.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    On the other hand there are those chandeliers with like 50 lightbulbs and that would be a bit expensive to replace with smart bulbs.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Maybe if your hands are decapitated
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe if I'm lazy.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have a number of geriatric relatives.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Anbernic's SP clone will be $60 and I think I'll buy it. Looks decent enough and it will stop me from drooling over every single new handheld that comes out.
    +2
    It does look fun lol
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I love the GBA SP and this is the GBA SP on steroids. WiFi, Bluetooth, HDMI out, two microSD card slots, sleep mode on screen close, it has everything :D
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hey guys. What's new about the Anbernic SP clone?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hey guys. What's new about the Anbernic SP clone?