Atmosphere CFW for Switch updated to pre-release version 1.7.0, adds support for firmware 18.0.0

switch-atmosphere.png

After a couple days of Nintendo releasing their 18.0.0 firmware update, @SciresM releases a brand new update to his Atmosphere NX custom firmware for the Nintendo Switch, with the new version being a pre-release v1.7.0, which adds basic support for firmware 18.0.0, as well as adding some improvements and bugfixes along the way.

The changelog for version pre-1.7.0 is the following:
Atmosphere NX pre-1.7.0 said:
1.7.0 is Atmosphère's seventy-eighth official release.
Please be sure to update fusee when upgrading to 1.7.0. fusee-primary no longer exists, and will not work any more.
Please note: Atmosphère 1.7.0 is currently in pre-release, and issues may be found that need to be fixed before full release.
  • If any bugs are reported while Atmosphère is in pre-release, they will be fixed and the build will be updated.
  • 1.7.0 will transition to release after a short amount of time has passed without pressing bug reports.
With thanks to the @switchbrew team, Atmosphère 1.7.0 is bundled with hbl 2.4.4, and hbmenu 3.6.0.
The following was changed since the last release:
  • Basic support was added for 18.0.0.
    • The console should boot and atmosphère should be fully functional. However, not all modules have been fully updated to reflect the latest changes.
      • There shouldn't be anything user visible resulting from this, but it will be addressed in a future atmosphère update, once I am not traveling so much.
    • exosphère was updated to reflect the latest official secure monitor behavior.
    • mesosphère was updated to reflect the latest official kernel behavior.
    • spl was updated to reflect the latest official behavior.
  • fusee no longer supports applying IPS patches to KIPs.
    • The only KIPs that are ever present are a) atmosphère modules, b) custom system modules, or c) FS.
    • The IPS subsystem was originally designed to make nogc patches work for FS, but these are now internal, and it appears the literal only kip patches that exist are for piracy.
      • I could not find any kip patches posted anywhere made for any other purpose.
    • It fundamentally does not make sense to slow down boot for every normal user for a feature that has no actual use-case, especially when fusee seeks to be a minimal bootloader.
  • Minor improvements were made to atmosphere's gdbstub, including:
    • Support was added for QStartNoAckMode.
    • An issue was fixed that could cause a fatal error when creating too many breakpoints.
  • A number of minor issues were fixed and improvements were made, including:
    • pt-BR (PortugueseBr) is now accepted as a valid language when overriding game locales.
    • A bug was fixed that could cause atmosphere to incorrectly serialize output object IDs over IPC when using domain objects.
    • A bug was fixed in pm's resource limit boost logic that could potentially cause legitimate boosts to fail in certain circumstances.
    • loader/ro will now throw a fatal error when using invalid IPS patches that go out of bounds, instead of corrupting memory.
    • Support was fixed for booting using a memory configuration of half of the true available memory (e.g. forcing a 4GB configuration on an 8GB board).
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
For information on the featureset supported by 1.7, please see the official release notes.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: GBATemp's Atmosphere NX Discussion Thread

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That's the 1, zoom on it the pic is not of a high quality and its the one they use all the time. Its especially visible on a big screen tv as i said earlier. On the switch itself, not so much.
TV? that splash are shown at boot time, at boot time there is no TV output so on the console screen you will see it good, I think, I normally uses my own boot screens.

Reactions: BigOnYa

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are way too many people who use these mods without taking a little bit of time to READ and learn how it all works. None of this is complicated it just requires a small effort.

Having said that, I do think this change was poorly handled (not to mention pointless but that's just IMO). There should've been clear information for people who have only ever used fusee. I think that would've been possible without compromising the anti-piracy stance.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
yes and not

Yes, put the sigpatches on the atmosphere folder
No to chainload fusee.bin, because that way will no load the sigpatches, again you need:

Load Package3 trough Hekate's FSS0
Install SYS-Patch Sysmodule
use a modified fusee.bin with the restored sigpatches load functionality.
For fucks sake. I'm just going to block Nintendo from bitching about me not updating .The switch is... basically dead and there's nothing noteworthy to get me to update to v18. It's all sholvelware and eroge novel leftovers ftom Steam

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

Joele00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I have a small problem after updating my Nintendo Switch to version 18.0.0. In practice, after updating (obviously) atmosphere stopped working correctly. I tried updating the files on my SD card (after formatting and consequently creating the partition again) and Atmosphere works fine. My problem lies in the Stock partition and in the Sysmmc where, in the first the Nintendo logo appears and then a black screen, while in the second a sort of error message appears (I attach a photo here). Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0938.jpeg
    IMG_0938.jpeg
    229.8 KB · Views: 10

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi, I have a small problem after updating my Nintendo Switch to version 18.0.0. In practice, after updating (obviously) atmosphere stopped working correctly. I tried updating the files on my SD card (after formatting and consequently creating the partition again) and Atmosphere works fine. My problem lies in the Stock partition and in the Sysmmc where, in the first the Nintendo logo appears and then a black screen, while in the second a sort of error message appears (I attach a photo here). Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? Thank you
Did you update Hekate as well? Make sure that you update your payloads as well, just to rule things out.
Do you have an unpatched model or a patched one with a modchip installed?

Reactions: impeeza

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yes, I updated both Hekate and the payloads. I have a patched model with chip installed.
How do you boot into stock firmware? Via Hekate's Launch option?

If you boot into stock firmware via Hekate's Launch option. that way gets you into a "as close as to stock as it can get" firmware, especially when AutoRCM is needed and used which is the case for units with modchip installed. It also uses Atmosphere's package3, but it shouldn't be a problem if you can boot into Atmosphere normally which is weird...

Did you try to get into stock firmware via Hekate's Reboot > OFW option, to see if that works?

Do you know which chip you have installed? If it's picofly, this post might be helpful, but I doubt that's the issue here.

Joele00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The site doesn't let me respond directly to your answers and I'm forced to create a new post every time...
Anyway I also tried from Reboot > OFW but nothing, after the Nintendo logo the black screen remains and I am forced to restart the console. Which is very strange because before the update everything worked fine. However I know that the chip installed is Hwfly.

Reactions: Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Anyway I also tried from Reboot > OFW but nothing, after the Nintendo logo the black screen remains and I am forced to restart the console. Which is very strange because before the update everything worked fine.
That's really strange. I don't really know what else you can try. You should either make a new thread in the Switch subforum, and see if someone else knows how to fix the issue you're facing.

Joele00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Really... I don't know what else to do anymore. At this point I'll try to start a new discussion in the forum and see if I can solve this problem. anyway thanks for the replies.
That's really strange. I don't really know what else you can try. You should either make a new thread in the Switch subforum, and see if someone else knows how to fix the issue you're facing.

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: [burps]