unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sperion said:
unsteadycarrot said:
how can we use these tools to create a new banner for a DVD? eg: changing the guitar hero 3 banner.
i believe you need to extract the opening.bnr file from the dvd then you need to extract that file with u8extr_v0.2a_eng then you will get a banner.bin and an icon.bin and an sound.bin gbalzss banner and icon.bin en extract those files again you will now have the same files as the virtual console games. (dont know if 100% correctly, but i cant test it right now)

i have the files extracted from opening.bnr but theres no .tpl file. how do i go about changing the banner and icon without a tpl?

Sperion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
unsteadycarrot said:
Sperion said:
unsteadycarrot said:
how can we use these tools to create a new banner for a DVD? eg: changing the guitar hero 3 banner.
i believe you need to extract the opening.bnr file from the dvd then you need to extract that file with u8extr_v0.2a_eng then you will get a banner.bin and an icon.bin and an sound.bin gbalzss banner and icon.bin en extract those files again you will now have the same files as the virtual console games. (dont know if 100% correctly, but i cant test it right now)

i have the files extracted from opening.bnr but theres no .tpl file. how do i go about changing the banner and icon without a tpl?

like i said, after you extract opening.bnr you will get a banner.bin icon.bin and a sound.bin you need to gbalzss banner and icon and then extract those.

Badges

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I need a banner.brlyt-tool...
wink.gif
because I semibrickt my Wii (two times...)
I dont know why, but I can't work with hex-editors. Editing a banner or icon is very easy for me, but those freaking Hexeditors...
frown.gif

renanbianchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi there, i just tried changing the icon and the background picture and got an error while installing it on the Wii:
installing WAD...
installing ticket (JJTE)... Error! (ret = -4100)

And the install stop. What is the problem??java script:add_smilie(":blink:","smid_")

Sperion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
renanbianchi said:
Hi there, i just tried changing the icon and the background picture and got an error while installing it on the Wii:
installing WAD...

And the install stop. What is the problem??java script:add_smilie(":blink:","smid_")

dit you used the wadpacker from the tools zip?

Sperion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sabatino said:
i always get an error:
runtime error 6:
overflow

is it becouse my bad pc?
frown.gif

When do you get that error? while extracting??

dit you used the 00000000.app from the zip??

renanbianchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sperion said:
renanbianchi said:
installing WAD...

dit you used the wadpacker from the tools zip?

Yup, WAD Packer.bat right?
"I even get that message "congratulations! the packaged correctly!"

sabatino

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sperion said:
sabatino said:
i always get an error:
runtime error 6:
overflow

is it becouse my bad pc?
frown.gif

When do you get that error? while extracting??

dit you used the 00000000.app from the zip??
when i extract it yes
frown.gif

but it think it's my very bad pc, because it works at my uncle
biggrin.gif

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
renanbianchi said:
Prime said:
I heard "Error! (ret = -4100)" means it is you computer's fault.

Is there a way to fix it? I mean, i don't know what i did wrong!

i had this error, it is computers problem, you can **TRY** to put the tools folder on the ROOT of your c:\ and try repacking, otherwise gonna have to use a different pc, i ended up having to use my laptop instead but that did the trick

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
Please ... ¿Could anyone prepare a 00000000.app for NeoGeo?

Something is coming soon...
wink.gif

I have tried several times with the 0.app from kof94 vc game. But Allways get some error. (or semibrick last time...)

Thanks

PD: I got one from "DRaGMaRe" but i cant edit it properly for other games

Its posible a 0.app without encrypted banner.bin and icon.bin?

Thanks!

renanbianchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Skater4599 said:
renanbianchi said:
Prime said:
I heard "Error! (ret = -4100)" means it is you computer's fault.

Is there a way to fix it? I mean, i don't know what i did wrong!

i had this error, it is computers problem, you can **TRY** to put the tools folder on the ROOT of your c:\ and try repacking, otherwise gonna have to use a different pc, i ended up having to use my laptop instead but that did the trick

Man, i just tried it on 2 more pcs and the result is the same error, i'm really getting frustrated with this...

unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
..what do i convert the banner.bin too using gbalzss? i read somewhere it should be banner.arc but this couldnt be extracted!

..i believe this should be REALLY simple so why is it so hard to find a little guide to editing DVD banners?

all i want to do is change my custom GH3 wii banner, so it only needs to be done once!

if anyones willing to contribute, any gh3 custom banner would do so long as its done neatly and has guitar hero 3 custom (or even "guitar hero greatest hits")

thats if anyones willing to just make one for me to put me out of my misery, ill make sure it gets posted in teh GH3 wii customs thread so its not just for me, its for everyone with custom gh3 dvd's

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch