XP
Country
Netherlands
sr_corsario said:
Sperion said:
Updated the first post.

(added a NeoGeo 00000000.app)

Thanks!

I have tried it and i get the same problems i had. No sound in game menu. Blackground distorsioned...

Thanks

Could you send me the image and the wad of the game?

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
unsteadycarrot said:
..what do i convert the banner.bin too using gbalzss? i read somewhere it should be banner.arc but this couldnt be extracted!

..i believe this should be REALLY simple so why is it so hard to find a little guide to editing DVD banners?

all i want to do is change my custom GH3 wii banner, so it only needs to be done once!

if anyones willing to contribute, any gh3 custom banner would do so long as its done neatly and has guitar hero 3 custom (or even "guitar hero greatest hits")

thats if anyones willing to just make one for me to put me out of my misery, ill make sure it gets posted in teh GH3 wii customs thread so its not just for me, its for everyone with custom gh3 dvd's
I have a GH custom banner, but I'm not sure it's what you'd want. It's the GHIII banner edited so that the background is the same, the Guitar Hero logo is the same, the III is changed to a II, and Legends of Rock was changed to a horizontal Wii guitar. Paradox put the banner together for me.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Well, word is that my Pro Wrestling injection with banner + icon worked out flawlessly! Thanks for the great tutorial and files Sperion, and by extention, deba.

I have on question for you, though: in your 00.app files, the banner.brlyt files have a period at the end of the name (ie: Duck Tales.). Does that period signify the maximum amount of characters allowed for the name? I seem to remember that when I was fooling around with the SNES Street Fighter II banner.brlyt, it had a lot more room for the title, including a subtitle. Any chance you'd edit the banner.brlyt files from games with longer titles and subtitles so that we could use that space for our custom bannered games?

Thanks again!

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thats because the channel is bricked, not the wii menu. The wii menu wont brick unless you screw up the icon. Check the steps you did for editing the banner and try installing again.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah i know the wii menu isn't bricked, but again, i don't understand why it doesn't work cause i checked everything 3 times now and still it doesn't work :s

and the wad itself does work (checked that too...)

could it be cause the channel name is longer then the killer instinct channel name? (making the banner file too big when editing with hex editor)

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Anybody knows why my channel has no sound? It's the original sound.bin, i haven't modify it.

I have edited banner.brlyt and banner,icon and now, the sound doesn't work

Sperion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FGOD said:
yeah i know the wii menu isn't bricked, but again, i don't understand why it doesn't work cause i checked everything 3 times now and still it doesn't work :s

and the wad itself does work (checked that too...)

could it be cause the channel name is longer then the killer instinct channel name? (making the banner file too big when editing with hex editor)

its a possibilety try renaming the new wad at instal again. then you know it for sure

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Keylogger said:
Anybody knows why my channel has no sound? It's the original sound.bin, i haven't modify it.

It is a known issue - probably something happened during the unpacking/packing process....

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
REQUEST:

I have no means to record from my TV.

Could someone please record a wav file of the Official Startup Sound from a VC Channel

Thanks

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
Fission said:
Keylogger said:

It is a known issue - probably something happened during the unpacking/packing process....

I had the same problem. Try the last "gally pack tools" with the last u8pack v.0.0.8.
Sound.bin must be uncompresed. Make your own decompresed sound.bin and then you will be able to pack and the sound will work.

Use: Wav to sound.bin
And: Gally tools

Edit: Some emulators have a "save wav" option (have a look mame)

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to use the original sound - but I can't record it, nor can I extract it
frown.gif

I've looked at the tutorial but it's spanish
frown.gif

QUOTE said:
Abre tus archivos BIN con el Hex Workshop y remuéve todo el encabezado IMD5 justo antes de donde dice "U8" (banner.bin, icon.bin) o "BNS" (sound.bin).

Very rough translation

open *.bin in hex of choice and remove all from IMD5 up to U8 in banner//icon.bin or upto BNS in sound.bin

which I did.
unsure.gif
and then I used the compressor which added a few strings or something - opened hex editor and then added 4 bytes inserted L377 .. ran the md5 signer - now the bin is exactly how it was before I started (well not really it was 166KB now it's 180KB)

I'm think wtf? I'm lost....

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
sr_corsario said:
Fission said:
Keylogger said:

I had the same problem. Try the last "gally pack tools" with the last u8pack v.0.0.8.
Sound.bin must be uncompresed. Make your own decompresed sound.bin and then you will be able to pack and the sound will work.

Use: Wav to sound.bin
And: Gally tools

Edit: Some emulators have a "save wav" option (have a look mame)
I used a small MP3 file (about 5sec) that I converted to WAV with GoldWave and named it sound.bin

Then, i used u8pack_v0.07_eng to repack the 00000000.app file with the new sound.bin.
But it doesn't work, so I must doing something wrong.

With the new Gally's Tool, there is a "BNS2WAV". What is it for?

REQUEST:

I have no means to record from my TV.

Could someone please record a wav file of the Official Startup Sound from a VC Channel

Thanks
You can use a VC Game, unpack it and use the sound.bin ...

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Keylogger said:
[You can use a VC Game, unpack it and use the sound.bin ...

I did
frown.gif

It didn't work.
I tried various different VC.wads and inserted it into the one I'm trying to get the sound working, but it refuses to work
frown.gif
hate2.gif

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for dble post - screwed up the buttons

That BNS2WAV is to convert the Sound.bin to wav or something - but it doesn't work
frown.gif

I'm greatful they make these tools I just wish they would have an english how to

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch