Hacking Banner/Icon Edit,Save Edit, Manual Edit VC Games

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Sounds good, Fission. If it sounds better than your first, and sounds essentially identical to the original, I'll pack it in my N64_0000000.app and upload it here. It has a better (read: working properly) banner.brlyt that allows for subtitles.
smile.gif

Reactions: SaulFabre

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great work everyone
smile.gif

Once the official sounding sound.bin is created, we will finally have a completed VC banner editing tutorial. My homebrew banner tutorial was updated with the sound steps plus a new package of tools. I've included an audio editor so people can make custom homebrew channel sounds or VC sounds like bobitos did.

Btw, bobitos. Could you upload the 00000000.app for the n64 wad? The way you've edited the banner.brlyt is perfect
wink.gif

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Might wish to advise people about the manual.

They must not add files to the *.arc or else the packer deletes them - also don't rename folders or files, otherwise - you'll screw up the html.
Luckily DKC emanual.arc has sufficient files to work with.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the new sound.bin file work much better, very SLIGHT diff in volume, but sound quality is same, also it took 1 more block on wii only, 2 blocks on my wii worth the sound
biggrin.gif
thanks again

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Skater4599 said:
the new sound.bin file work much better, very SLIGHT diff in volume, but sound quality is same, also it took 1 more block on wii only, 2 blocks on my wii worth the sound
biggrin.gif
thanks again

How Slight? - is it worth having another go at it?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fission said:
Skater4599 said:
biggrin.gif
thanks again

How Slight? - is it worth having another go at it?

Personally it works for me, but maybe since (i think) it will be more of an official version getting put into .apps and for everyones custom channels, maybe just up volume a little, but its up to you^^

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
The lower hz makes it sound less ambient
frown.gif

I think v4 while not 100% identical it's probably about 95%

I doubt I can get it better
frown.gif

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ver 4 is louder, more closely matches original, but it seemed to depelete some quality for volume, i almost like ver 2 better, cause its more ambient (though quieter)

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Don't stress yourself out too much, Fission. I've made a WAD with v1, v2 and now v4. I've got deba testing them, and when he gets back, I'll have him tell me which of the three he thinks sounds best. You've done good work, now relax and enjoy it
smile.gif

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
bobitos said:
Don't stress yourself out too much, Fission. I've made a WAD with v1, v2 and now v4. I've got deba testing them, and when he gets back, I'll have him tell me which of the three he thinks sounds best. You've done good work, now relax and enjoy it
smile.gif

Ok
smile.gif

I made this final one

Official Startup Sound VC Channel Ver. 5

http://www.sendspace.com/file/583w3o

Slightly larger 625 KB 32.000hz

Personally I prefer v2-v3.

be back in 1 hr

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, ive done tests will all 4 of them now, made wads for each one and tested them

Ver.1 - 1 extra wii block (sound quality is low~ and is quiter than original)
Ver.2 - 2 extra wii blocks (sound quality is identical to original but is lower volume still)
Ver.3 - n/a
Ver.4 - 2 extra wii blocks (sound quality is low~ again but sound volume more closely matches)
Ver.5 - 4 extra wii blocks (sound quality is mediocre~ and sound volume is very close to original)

My vote is for #2. the quality is much better and its not THAT much quieter
smile.gif

Thanks to Fission for you sound.bin work, deba94 for the translated app, Sperion for all his work, bobitos for translating, and everyone else
biggrin.gif
thanks all!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0