Prototype DS firmware dumped, included blood type selection, different startup sound

dsdsdsdsds.png

The prototype leaks aren't stopping anytime soon. Preservation group Forest of Illusion has dumped and shared a piece of Nintendo DS history, with a very early prototype firmware for the handheld. Noted as version 0.40615, it has quite a few differences from the final result that we're all accustomed to. At this point in development, there wasn't a DS boot screen added yet, so when starting the system, it shows the GBA boot-up logo instead, with a sound byte of children all yelling "Nintendo!". Additionally, you can set your system nickname and birthday, much like in the retail release, but at one point, Nintendo was going to let users set their blood type--something that is used as a way as sharing personality types in Japan.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imagine they removed the blood type input since I bet the majority of kids have no idea what their blood type is.
What are you talking about. I knew I was AB- since 7.. Next thing you tell me is you don't know what moon was in retrograde when you were born!!

Reactions: MikaDubbz

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Imagine having an accident and medicins ask for your DS to see your blood type
It makes a lot of sense... Portable gaming in Asian markets is insane, and back then it would be commonplace for someone to carry around something like the DS.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
It looks very good. I remember seeing the presentation with Reggie holding this kinda prototype on his hands, I was so pumped up to play it back in the day, and it did not dissapoint.

And I agree, the classic 3DS has been the most comfortable portable console I have ever holded in my hands, the buttons, the grip, the shoulder buttons, man that sensation has not been there ever again.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't even remember my blood type. But how is that relevant to a game console anyway? Birthday and gender, sure they can be utilized in games, but blood type? Maybe in Resident Evil or something, certain blood types could attract the zombies more, or would cause different effects/things to happen. But apart from that, seems pretty useless.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I always thought the obsession with blood type in east asia was strange

That said I kinda wish I knew mine tho <___<;

Edit: that file name :P
You are O-, you should give all what you have
Im AB+, i should take all what you have

Reactions: k7ra

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blood types in Japan are what Zodiacs are for westerners.
If you have B- blood, your lucky number is 13
If you have A+ blood, you'll meet someone unexpected

Reactions: Aserl and SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1