Prototype DS firmware dumped, included blood type selection, different startup sound

dsdsdsdsds.png

The prototype leaks aren't stopping anytime soon. Preservation group Forest of Illusion has dumped and shared a piece of Nintendo DS history, with a very early prototype firmware for the handheld. Noted as version 0.40615, it has quite a few differences from the final result that we're all accustomed to. At this point in development, there wasn't a DS boot screen added yet, so when starting the system, it shows the GBA boot-up logo instead, with a sound byte of children all yelling "Nintendo!". Additionally, you can set your system nickname and birthday, much like in the retail release, but at one point, Nintendo was going to let users set their blood type--something that is used as a way as sharing personality types in Japan.

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Apparently the only game i know that still has blood type is the original DS version of Tomodachi Life.
However, it's only the blood types of your miis

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly thought that was just like a dummy prop to show off what they had planned, was not expecting it to like actually WORK, and thanks heavens that they refined the interface from the prototype.

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

JamieL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Japanese blood type theory was started by an article written by a teacher with no medical credentials in 1927. For some reason it took off like wildfire with the Japanese public. In the 1970's the idea was re-popularized by a book, again written by someone with no medical credentials whatsoever. It's like Astrology, but it's recent enough that we still know exactly who started it and how.

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
Forest of Illusion as always leaks the craziest shit you can think of. Bravo! :grog:
Is it considered a leak if we have the face of someone who *released* its contents without data breaches involved?

Also, this release was from November 25th. Why talk about it now?

Reactions: rvtr and SylverReZ

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is diseased. There's no reason for this unless there a) was a game that cared about your blood type, or b) so you can have your blood type displayed online in games with multiplayer, or other apps with internet functionality.

But also I wonder if maybe this was simply a way for Nintendo to track the gaming habits for each blood type. So rather than simply a releasing a game and seeing if it sells well or not, they can find out which blood types are buying it, which could be useful when deciding future releases or something I dunno? Hilarious they would expect you to know your blood type though. Even I don't. (Despite the Covid pandemic, when for a while I thought it would be useful to know your blood type before being vaccinated.. Why did I think this, again?)

There is a game Destiny Connect on the Switch which had loading screen blurbs showing the blood types of characters. It's really diseased. The game is not even set in Japan.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
also it's NO JOKE they will take action
You're esentially GhostLatte, instead of boasting about his van you're mentioning about DMCA takedowns.

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
we all know what ruthless pricks nintendo have turned into who hate their fans and anyone who fucks with their property. i've seen them dmca again and again in the past and this is no different. so again my claims are NO JOKE

--- end of line ----

Reactions: SylverReZ

Deleted member 610824

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
we all know what ruthless pricks nintendo have turned into who hate their fans and anyone who fucks with their property. i've seen them dmca again and again in the past and this is no different. so again my claims are NO JOKE

--- end of line ----
ZOMG!!! Ninty will take down (insert mod, fan game or literally anything) any minute now!!! They take down literally everything that's not official!!!

This is getting seriously unfunny, overused and quite frankly annoying. Nintendo took down only a few things, like idk 30, over the span of 40+ years they've been in the console business. And even recently, they only attacked stuff that either competed with their games (see Mario Battle Royale) or petty takedowns. Do note that those only happen if they reach a very large scale. They won't take down the translation of an NES game or Super Mario 3Mix or a Mario fan game about Yoshi and Mario doing idk their usual adventures. Although it's good to note their takedowns are getting worse and worse.
And they certainly won't take down the prototype of a menu for a 17yo console. Same applies to other protos/betas which are obtained through sane means i.e. purchased not leaked. If you don't believe me check Dat-o-Matic or Redump to see how many betas and protos are there datted and present in almost every romset.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol