Prototype DS firmware dumped, included blood type selection, different startup sound

dsdsdsdsds.png

The prototype leaks aren't stopping anytime soon. Preservation group Forest of Illusion has dumped and shared a piece of Nintendo DS history, with a very early prototype firmware for the handheld. Noted as version 0.40615, it has quite a few differences from the final result that we're all accustomed to. At this point in development, there wasn't a DS boot screen added yet, so when starting the system, it shows the GBA boot-up logo instead, with a sound byte of children all yelling "Nintendo!". Additionally, you can set your system nickname and birthday, much like in the retail release, but at one point, Nintendo was going to let users set their blood type--something that is used as a way as sharing personality types in Japan.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This is news to me, the letter terms for blood type aren't universal?

There are several blood type systems: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_blood_group_systems

The most common and standardized by ISO is the ABO blood type, in which there are four blood types: A, B, AB & O and is complemented with the RH classification, which can be positive + or negative - (or nonexistent -RH null-: the golden blood), so for the ABO + RH blood types we have:
A-
A+
B-
B+
AB-
AB+
0-
0+
Null RH

At my country some people used to call the blood type O "zero" but that become on disuse to avoid confussion with AIDS test terms which can be zero positive or zero negative.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nintendo going to be very busy with dmca when they get back to work next year with all these leaks :creep:
These DMCA jokes are getting too overrated and lack any form of humour.

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
For me, at age of 5 years old. my parents make me to learn:
  • The landline number of our house.
  • The exact postal address of our house.
  • The name of my father and mother.
  • My blood type.
They told me if something happens approach a Police Officer and give that information. Or if I get lost, always can take a taxi cab and ask the driver to took me home, any body on there or any neighbor will pay the fare.

When I do start to ride my motorcycle, I put my nickname and blood type on the sides of the motorcycle and helmet, they are there until now.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't believe there are people who don't know what their own blood type is. Geeze...
It is not routinely done in much of the world. To that end blood donors (if you ask), bone marrow donors (probably the least interesting part of bloodwork of those I have seen), those that got curious and bought it in (it did get considerably cheaper a few years back), military and those with serious interactions with the medical system* (the vast majority of people below about 55 not being this) are about the only types that will know in a lot of countries.

*most people posting on a forum like this probably live in a country with most hospitals sporting enough universal donor types in storage to get you through being dragged through the A&E/ER/wherever you go when you lose a game of beat the bus doors bleeding out, and blood typing is a quick and easy test if you are not bleeding that hard but then need a transfusion just to even you out.

I really do need to find out mine. Several of my siblings and cousins having crazy rare types.
I always thought the obsession with blood type in east asia was strange

That said I kinda wish I knew mine tho <___<;

Edit: that file name :P
I thought most hospitals keep such things on hand in the case of mass casualties or if their staff can be tapped in the event of rare types/they happen to be universal donors?

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not routinely done in much of the world. To that end blood donors (if you ask), bone marrow donors (probably the least interesting part of bloodwork of those I have seen), those that got curious and bought it in (it did get considerably cheaper a few years back), military and those with serious interactions with the medical system* (the vast majority of people below about 55 not being this) are about the only types that will know in a lot of countries.

*most people posting on a forum like this probably live in a country with most hospitals sporting enough universal donor types in storage to get you through being dragged through the A&E/ER/wherever you go when you lose a game of beat the bus doors bleeding out, and blood typing is a quick and easy test if you are not bleeding that hard but then need a transfusion just to even you out.

I really do need to find out mine. Several of my siblings and cousins having crazy rare types.

I thought most hospitals keep such things on hand in the case of mass casualties or if their staff can be tapped in the event of rare types/they happen to be universal donors?
Definitely not a thing here

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is pretty sweet! IMHO though, it gives more of a vibe of 1990s PC days - good thing they went with the now well-known design of the original DS upon release. Forest of Illusion having been touching this thing is good! ...Hmm, that sounded better in my head. 🤔

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Only the good clips.