Hacking GBAtemp's Unofficial List of Flashcart dealers to never buy from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Brian117 said:
Oh, and you know what's funny...On the GBATemp homepage, scroll down a little bit and look to your right, you'll see a box named "Recommended sites" And ConsoleSource is number 1. So even the official GBA staff think it's a good site.
You're not the first one who saw that, and no, GBAtemp staff doesn't think it's a good stuff, they are sponsored by them!!
It doesn't change the fact that they don't update they stock info, and some stuff like that..

oldskooldork23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can give a bad story for modchipstore.com

The first two times I ordered from them was excellent. Good prices, arrived quickly, no problems. Since they gave me such good service, I decided to hit them up a 3rd time and buy an M3 Perfect SD. Well I payed for it. And waited. And waited. And waited some more. Two weeks go by and I wonder whats up. So I drop a line on their support box (which is just that, a box where you put your email and a comment) and asked where my M3 Perfect was. I wait for about a week until I finally get a reply. "oh, we actually don't have any in stock so we're waiting to receive them." I was a little pissed at this as it clearly said IN STOCK ,BUY NOW on the page I got it from. I wait another two weeks. Still nothing. So I send them another e-mail, and another, and another. Wait 3 weeks. No replies, no flashcart. At this point its been almost 2 months. I'm pissed and am considering some sort of legal action. I wait one more week and send them a final e-mail:

"Look, I've been waiting forever, and I assure you I'm not going to use this site ever again even if you were to send me my flashcart for free, which is what I deserve at this point. I payed for a 4-7 day shipping. Its been over 2 months. You haven't replied to a thing I've sent this stupid customer support line, and I doubt you'll reply to this, but I mean at the very least give me my money for shipping back. If I would of known it was going to take this long I would have bought the cheapest shipping option available. Maybe you could give a different flashcart since it seems you don't plan on getting the M3 Perfect SD back in stock anytime soon? Or just plain give me a refund. Do something please."

I wait and forget I ordered the thing. About 4 months since I have ordered it have passed, and the thing shows up at my door one day. Well thanks guys, thanks.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
oldskooldork23 said:
I can give a bad story for modchipstore.com

The first two times I ordered from them was excellent. Good prices, arrived quickly, no problems. Since they gave me such good service, I decided to hit them up a 3rd time and buy an M3 Perfect SD. Well I payed for it. And waited. And waited. And waited some more. Two weeks go by and I wonder whats up. So I drop a line on their support box (which is just that, a box where you put your email and a comment) and asked where my M3 Perfect was. I wait for about a week until I finally get a reply. "oh, we actually don't have any in stock so we're waiting to receive them." I was a little pissed at this as it clearly said IN STOCK ,BUY NOW on the page I got it from. I wait another two weeks. Still nothing. So I send them another e-mail, and another, and another. Wait 3 weeks. No replies, no flashcart. At this point its been almost 2 months. I'm pissed and am considering some sort of legal action. I wait one more week and send them a final e-mail:

"Look, I've been waiting forever, and I assure you I'm not going to use this site ever again even if you were to send me my flashcart for free, which is what I deserve at this point. I payed for a 4-7 day shipping. Its been over 2 months. You haven't replied to a thing I've sent this stupid customer support line, and I doubt you'll reply to this, but I mean at the very least give me my money for shipping back. If I would of known it was going to take this long I would have bought the cheapest shipping option available. Maybe you could give a different flashcart since it seems you don't plan on getting the M3 Perfect SD back in stock anytime soon? Or just plain give me a refund. Do something please."

I wait and forget I ordered the thing. About 4 months since I have ordered it have passed, and the thing shows up at my door one day. Well thanks guys, thanks.
Damn, that is really weird. I would have just cancelled the order two weeks into the whole ordeal.

night_chrono

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered from consolesource.com once. No problems whatsoever.

My bad experience was with gameyeah.com I got a defect EZV and tried to return it. After playing e-mail tag for 2 weeks I got the info to return it. I sent it via priority shipping USPS. A month later it was returned to me because the "recipient refused to sign for the package". After contact gameyeah demanding a new EZ-V they said that since I shipped via priority mail I had to send it to a different address, and requested that I send it again.

I sent many bad tempered e-mails, and then bought an R-4 from a different site.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
www.kaidomain.com / www.r4store.com

They are both the same site, but kaidomain.com can't use Paypal if they sell flash cards, so they link to a "reputable dealer like r4store.com".

But if you email r4store.com for an order, the address that mails you back is [email protected] ;>

Anyway, I emailed them before buying a Wiikey asking them if it was a clone, and they said that it wasn't.
However, the chip didn't come in that tiny sealed square ESD bag they usually come in, and no hologram. And the color of the PCB is dark blue.

The chip had that problem that Wiikey clones have when you install it unconfigured on a 3.0+ firmware, so that proves it's a clone.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't think this list is gonna be updated anymore... Maybe someone else should take off from it or something because these dealers pop up all the time.

zap261

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww....I just ordered from gamekool a few days ago. But....it doesn't seem like a bad site: it's already being delivered, I am getting replys and a tracking number, and the price is relatively good, about (R4+2gb chip for $47.70 + 7.95 shipping.
Btw, do they sell fake ones?
What's the problem with it?

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They added dealwoot to the list... Wtf? Can't they add any good sites like RHS or MCC?

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nin10doFan said:
They added dealwoot to the list... Wtf? Can't they add any good sites like RHS or MCC?
Maybe it's because RHS and MCC don't sponsor(help with hosting costs?) GBATemp? RHS sponsors SCDev and stuff I believe.

@zap261: You probably will get a fake R4.

zap261

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheWingless said:
@zap261: You probably will get a fake R4.

Seriously?...I get different answers every time I ask. By what people say at my search results, they seem satisfied with what they got.

Urza

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blacklisted:
www.deveno.com
www.digizo.co.uk
www.r4dsusa.com

Screenshots to come shortly.

Urza

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blacklisted:
www.724deal.com
www.mobile-telephone-accessories.com
www.oknewshop.com

bathingapebape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seeing as they're now (attempting) to sell flashcarts for DS and such I thought I'd throw PS2cover.com in the mix. Ordered a swap magic for my PS2 last year and never received anything. They charged my moms credit card and sent a receipt saying that it would be under the name Consolefever. So I emailed PS2cover multiple times and received no response. I went and found the Consolefever website, and emailed them and no response either. Had to report it to the credit card company.
Now it looks like a quick google of consolefever shows they've always been a scam. So avoid PS2Cover.com and Consolefever.com

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bathingapebape said:
Seeing as they're now (attempting) to sell flashcarts for DS and such I thought I'd throw PS2cover.com in the mix. Ordered a swap magic for my PS2 last year and never received anything. They charged my moms credit card and sent a receipt saying that it would be under the name Consolefever. So I emailed PS2cover multiple times and received no response. I went and found the Consolefever website, and emailed them and no response either. Had to report it to the credit card company.
Now it looks like a quick google of consolefever shows they've always been a scam. So avoid PS2Cover.com and Consolefever.com
yes I can confirm this as well

except I was one of the lucky one that actually received my order for HD Loader about a month after I ordered it

I think they used to be good however they wont send anything out now and just charge your credit card, some people have reported in their credit card # being stolen and numerous charges to their card after placing an order on PS2 Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Y
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Y @ yqw: someone has a cheat table for need for speed most wanted 2012?