Hacking Internet Channel Tweaks

Jaydub

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chaos Punk said:
This whole project may not be necessary, look. Someone is currently working on a full featured Wii internet browser.

Wow, Thanks for the heads up on that Chaos Punk
biggrin.gif
. I never knew about that 'Wii Xplore', Thats something I will want to look forward to seeing
smile.gif

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Chaos Punk said:
This whole project may not be necessary, look. Someone is currently working on a full featured Wii internet browser.

From http://code.google.com/p/wiixplore/

QUOTEIMPORTANT

This project has been put on hold until I can fully support the HTTP 1.1 requirements, until then NO UPDATES will be available of any kind. If you have any experience with chunk decoding please contact me as soon as possible

DsHacker14

Trophies
Website
www.arschacks.com
XP
Country
United States
Fakie! said:
I wonder if someone could make a independent homebrew program to watch HQ & HD Youtube in your Wii. You know, something similar to PSPTube.

The closest thing to that is MPlayer CE, It's a media player where you can watch DVDs and now Youtube. Its not a homebrew application solely for watching youtube videos although, i too, wish there was one.

tnt118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about this project. PlayOn recently added support for the Wii with their software. PlayOn is a paid PC program ($40, one time fee, supposedly goes on sale frequently, has a free trial) that lets you watch Hulu, Netflix, YouTube, and many other internet videos; they are working on adding local file support right now as well. I've tried it. It's a little choppy, but pretty impressive none-the-less.

But enough of the sales pitch. What I am wondering if it would be possible to create a custom variation of the Internet Channel just for PlayOn. I think what would be needed to make it useful would be for it to automatically load the site (playon.tv) and have a different channel ID.

And then I'm wondering the following... could it be set to use a cIOS? For anyone with the ethernet adapter, would this not allow for faster streaming over USB 2.0?

Is there anything else about the Internet Channel that could actually be taken out, to improve performance for this one specific task?

Just some ideas for discussion.

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
pm_41 said:
Any word on an alternative to the Internet Channel yet (for the people who don't wanna use Wii Linux)?

There was a homebew browser (WiiXplore) but you can't download yet. That homebrew application includes the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.

harsh111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pm_41 said:
Any word on an alternative to the Internet Channel yet (for the people who don't wanna use Wii Linux)?

you can use the internet channel on wii linux? does it work like a normal web browser?

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linux has full web browsers such as firefox, opera, etc.
Flash support for Linux on the PPC is still kinda sparse. You need to use Gnash (a GPL open source flash alternative) usually.

QUOTE said:
tversity is horrible, it has to convert to flash on the fly , and everyone knows flash is horrible
PlayOn also converts flash files on the fly, so yes, they basically perform the same function.

Cmurda187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ozguy said:
Linux has full web browsers such as firefox, opera, etc.
Flash support for Linux on the PPC is still kinda sparse. You need to use Gnash (a GPL open source flash alternative) usually.

QUOTE said:
tversity is horrible, it has to convert to flash on the fly , and everyone knows flash is horrible
PlayOn also converts flash files on the fly, so yes, they basically perform the same function.
I agree TVersity sucks. I was curious about it so I downloaded the pro version and tested it on my Wii yesterday. Needless to say I could watch anything because it would never load.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quote from Tehskeen of what will be in the WiiXplore

QUOTE said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dfaction
Hey Steelslasher are you goin to implement download and upload plugins?
If you mean firefox like plugins, maybe, to allow customisation not really new features as with firefox it will become bloated.
QUOTEI will implement background downloads as that would be very useful, i will also include bittorrent support as it is has http support (for trackers atleast) and it would save more electricity to use your wii as seed than you pc

i will release two versions a lightweight one and a souped one so that the fancy people can use the fancy features and the not so bothered people can live with the bare neccesities

harsh111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QKid said:
i am hoping that its soon. it would be awesome to seed from my wii instead of leaving my computer on 24/7

I don't understand... if you can use torrents, does that mean you can also download on to the SD card or something?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great news!! I'm just hoping that the art direction of this app doesnt suck. No offense but in this day and age of Wii hacking, when emulators have Wii like GUI's I think the other apps need to step up their game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1