Hacking Internet Channel Tweaks

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SifJar said:
You're not going to see the source of it, unless you somehow hack into Nintendo's computers. Which is rather unlikely. NUX does not exist. You're think of NUS, which is Nintendo Update Servers. What you said makes no sense. What you are actually talking about is NUS Downloader, or NUSD.

I don't know much about that NUSD thing, probably the reason why I said NUX thing
wink.gif

and for the source bit, wasn't this whole thread based upon someone browsing the internet channel's source?
if it's all css and js, I think it'll be way easy to make my own version
smile.gif

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Arendo said:
I don't know much about that NUSD thing, probably the reason why I said NUX thing
wink.gif

and for the source bit, wasn't this whole thread based upon someone browsing the internet channel's source?
smile.gif

The JS/CSS is what the individual menus are based on (basically everything you can see). The internals of the web browser are binary.

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
LightyKD said:
This new "update" was a slap in the face! Sure, you can view youtube videos from a website but that's about it. None of the other good video sites work.
QUOTE(Sahduk @ Sep 2 2009, 12:42 PM) Even though the flash was updated on the new opera browser you still cant visit any decent websites, or play web games ¬_¬ i.e. newgrounds >_

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WB3000 said:
Arendo said:
wink.gif

smile.gif

The JS/CSS is what the individual menus are based on (basically everything you can see). The internals of the web browser are binary.

obviously, how else to get it to work on a WII... but it, the GUI, still has a source, right?
smile.gif
so, if anyone would be so friendly, I'd like to have a go at it
wink.gif

Satan2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok let me get this straight. The only portions you can modify on the net channel is the basic interfaces using CSS/JS. Even if you could modify the CSS/JS & add some eye candy touch to the wii net channel interface, you could'nt make something useful with (so no new fonctionnality).

Example : JS tabs. The channel itselfs has an (hilarious) memory restriction which can even lead to a crash while loading big pages (with lots of content like images, flash & stuff). So it's not an option to add js containers & tabs if it cant even deal perfectly with just one damn page. It could work but will lead into crash / reload app every X tabs or crashing when loading a new tab => totaly irritating for the end user and useless. And moreover if you close the js tabs, you don't have any control on the memory handling, so all contents stay in memory causing garbage / reloading channel stuff : JS has no access to the cache (not at all! don't even think about it)

So, i see only one solution : a homebrew port of a common & lightweight web browser. But personnaly, i'm not going into this, it requires a damn lot of work.

To conclude, unless someone decides to port a decent web browser, you'll have to deal with the (free) wii internet channel. You could theme it, but not modify the way it works.

pm_41

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
LightyKD said:
This new "update" was a slap in the face! Sure, you can view youtube videos from a website but that's about it. None of the other good video sites work.
QUOTE(Sahduk @ Sep 2 2009, 12:42 PM) Even though the flash was updated on the new opera browser you still cant visit any decent websites, or play web games ¬_¬ i.e. newgrounds >_

Paul_Bunyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any downsides to updating to this new Internet Channel?

Also, I use 3.2U and don't want to update, so are there any WADs yet of this new channel? Since it's free again it could be posted here, right?

Thanks!

pm_41

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Paul_Bunyan said:
Any downsides to updating to this new Internet Channel?

Also, I use 3.2U and don't want to update, so are there any WADs yet of this new channel? Since it's free again it could be posted here, right?

Thanks!
As long as you have IOS50 and the latest Shop Channel installed, you'll be fine.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...