WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
Opera is open to a whole host of customizations directly from the config files. Here are some that I thought might be worth looking into...

I really need to get this decryption working properly... Had to manually fix the U8 header to get it to extract.

As long as they didn't completely gut Opera, some of those things should work. File saving is one of those things that really should be in every web browser.
wacko.gif

operarc and operarc.nand are both the same if I recall, so one is probably the default template and one is actually read from.

EDIT: I decided to take a look at the channel's counterpart-the save game file. Here's what it consists of...

banner.bin: Obvious. Every channel needs a banner.
smile.gif

bmarks.bmp: Upon inspecting, it contains all of the bitmaps for the bookmark icons, as well as maybe cookies?, etc. Each icon is 90 x 68, and probably could be injected/replaced easily.
-Example:
20krr5g.jpg

flash.vff: Flash cache? Maybe vff is a sort of container file, but I didn't look into it much. Appears to be storing SWF files ie "MetacafeFlashVideoPlayer",etc.

opera.vff: I'd say the general cache. I'm writing this as I go. Appears to be storing all the config, including more. There's a massive amount of User Agent Spoofing going on here (probably the master list of sites which need to have certain agents) so you should be able to have a global Agent spoof
smile.gif
After the preferences, it's all cache followed by null for 512KB. Provided this thing isn't hashed in any way, it should be easy to alter the preferences.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WB3000 said:
teq said:
Opera is open to a whole host of customizations directly from the config files. Here are some that I thought might be worth looking into...

I really need to get this decryption working properly... Had to manually fix the U8 header to get it to extract.

As long as they didn't completely gut Opera, some of those things should work. File saving is one of those things that really should be in every web browser.
wacko.gif

operarc and operarc.nand are both the same if I recall, so one is probably the default template and one is actually read from.

EDIT: I decided to take a look at the channel's counterpart-the save game file. Here's what it consists of...

banner.bin: Obvious. Every channel needs a banner.
smile.gif

bmarks.bmp: Upon inspecting, it contains all of the bitmaps for the bookmark icons, as well as maybe cookies?, etc. Each icon is 90 x 68, and probably could be injected/replaced easily.
-Example:
20krr5g.jpg

flash.vff: Flash cache? Maybe vff is a sort of container file, but I didn't look into it much. Appears to be storing SWF files ie "MetacafeFlashVideoPlayer",etc.

opera.vff: I'd say the general cache. I'm writing this as I go. Appears to be storing all the config, including more. There's a massive amount of User Agent Spoofing going on here (probably the master list of sites which need to have certain agents) so you should be able to have a global Agent spoof
smile.gif
After the preferences, it's all cache followed by null for 512KB. Provided this thing isn't hashed in any way, it should be easy to alter the preferences.

This looks like it might be a better route than attacking the channel directly -- especially if we can share them legally like we do saves.

I'll look into it with FE100.

In the meantime, I was able to spoof the Flash version simply by editing 00000001.app

The current version shows up as 7.0 r68. Without byte shifts, I changed it to 9.0 r99. I have to still try the UserAgent spoof and see if Hulu.com works.

Another interesting fact I discovered is that Java(JRE, not Jscript) is supported, but disabled. Did they ever plan to enable it?

EDIT: As far as unpacking is concerned, I use WADEdit by AC_k to extract the WAD contents and U8Tool from Wadder to extract the app contents.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mballer20 said:
any public beta-like releases you're going to post so we can get a hands on feel for it.
wink.gif

Considering it's illegal to post the contents of a WAD, let alone the WAD itself, I don't think so.

This is more of a DIY goal than anything.

Besides, there are very few significant strides I'm taking to make the browser better for it to even be worth a "release".

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
This looks like it might be a better route than attacking the channel directly -- especially if we can share them legally like we do saves.

I'll look into it with FE100.

In the meantime, I was able to spoof the Flash version simply by editing 00000001.app

The current version shows up as 7.0 r68. Without byte shifts, I changed it to 9.0 r99. I have to still try the UserAgent spoof and see if Hulu.com works.

Another interesting fact I discovered is that Java(JRE, not Jscript) is supported, but disabled. Did they ever plan to enable it?

You should be able to spoof for Hulu easily in the save. The opera.vff has tons of custom UserAgent spoofs, so adding one should be easy. If for some reason the file demands it's current sizing/layout to the byte, you could replace some random site with Hulu instead of adding it (there's tons of random .jp sites with spoofing).

I used the Savegame Manager to extract. I have a build hosted somewhere here, it takes the saves right from NAND, so no PC decryption necessary. Easy to reverse the process too.

I wrote a program last night for extracting and injecting new bookmark icons into a bmarks.bmp. The CLI interface is really clunky, but it gets the job done.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mzhq2nihlte

Run it with a bmarks.bmp passed as an argument, and it will go through and create bmp files in it's directory. Edit them as you like (I would HIGHLY recommend that you keep the dimentions the same!). After editing, run the program as you did before. As long as they have the same name as when they were extracted, the program will prompt for you to inject the current file vs. extracting what is there. You could really create some nice bookmark icons; instead of those crappy screenshots the browser takes.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ppc_gba said:
does hulu even work with such an old flash player? let us know what it says

Well, from what I can recall, most of the video functions were available in Flash 7. If so, then Hulu and sites like it are just discriminate when it comes to old engines and browsers.

Spoofing the Flash version wasn't enough to pacify the website, as it clearly picked up the UserAgent and turned the browser away.

Right now, I'm working on tracking down every operarc and settings file that exists in the WAD, so that I can change them uniformly. So far, I know of 2 (0000002.app and 0000006.app), but there could be more.

mballer20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
mballer20 said:
any public beta-like releases you're going to post so we can get a hands on feel for it.
wink.gif

Considering it's illegal to post the contents of a WAD, let alone the WAD itself, I don't think so.

Besides, there are very few significant strides I'm taking to make the browser better for it to even be worth a "release".
damn, that's too bad. i would've loved trying these things out that you recently added. and a secret pm never hurt anyone... just kidding!

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mballer20 said:
teq said:
mballer20 said:
wink.gif

damn, that's too bad. i would've loved trying these things out that you recently added. and a secret pm never hurt anyone... just kidding!

Go for it, I'm not against sending it to anyone.... it's just more fun and productive when a lot of people are trying to make changes and trying new things.

*I found another operarc in 0000003.app.... I don't know why there are so many.

mballer20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
mballer20 said:
teq said:
mballer20 said:
wink.gif

Go for it, I'm not against sending it to anyone.... it's just more fun and productive when a lot of people are trying to make changes and trying new things.

*I found another operarc in 0000003.app.... I don't know why there are so many.
sure, send it to me and i can browse around even though i have no idea what i'm looking for.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:

With a few changes to the configuration, my Wii browser now reports to be Mozilla 1.8. It still identifies as being a Wii, but now the operating system is Windows NT 5.1.

Picture isn't too bad for being taken with my phone:
2rqeue9.jpg

Flash version now reports 9.9 r99.

As far as Hulu goes, it doesn't tell me I need to update Flash anymore. When trying to play a video, only the audio plays and no player GUI is shown.

This is better than what we had before, but I would like to build a container that will strip the videos of whatever Flash 7 is lacking, be it compression or something else.

mballer20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
Update:

With a few changes to the configuration, my Wii browser now reports to be Mozilla 1.8. It still identifies as being a Wii, but now the operating system is Windows NT 5.1.

Picture isn't too bad for being taken with my phone:
2rqeue9.jpg

Flash version now reports 9.9 r99.

As far as Hulu goes, it doesn't tell me I need to update Flash anymore. When trying to play a video, only the audio plays and no player GUI is shown.

This is better than what we had before, but I would like to build a container that will strip the videos of whatever Flash 7 is lacking, be it compression or something else.
that's f**king awesome! keep it up!

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vidboy10 said:
I know im talking about in the new flash version

I have yet to replace the Flash binary. I've only changed the version number to spoof many websites that require a greater version.

Edit: If someone could help me tackle 000001.app, it would be appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.