Hacking Internet Channel Tweaks

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, sorry about my grammar I'm multitasking so I'm kinda busy. I was searching it already but i didn't know what to type in Google to find it.

Edit:Nice I hope an update comes soon for the Internet Channel When this gets released.

forbore

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I need help. I just COMPLETELY recolored the browser but I need to find out how to compress TGA files to TPL. One TPL file has over 50 TGAs so I need to figure out how to compress them back.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forbore said:
I need help. I just COMPLETELY recolored the browser but I need to find out how to compress TGA files to TPL. One TPL file has over 50 TGAs so I need to figure out how to compress them back.

Look for TPLX. You can find it in the Wadder pack: wadder.net

But, why did you do it the hard way? It's much easier to edit the stylesheets
wink2.gif

Transparency on the chrome bar looks great, btw: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_image_transparency.asp

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
why bother with the Internet Channel when the Linux distros for Wii, from what I've seen, go online just fine and do a probably much better job than the shitty internet channel.
I can't wait to install a linux distro, just have to reformat my 8GB SDHC card first and give ext3 partition 4 gigs of space
biggrin.gif

edit: btw, don't get me wrong I admire the work you guys put into this and think you're doing an awesome job

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami Kiba said:
why bother with the Internet Channel when the Linux distros for Wii, from what I've seen, go online just fine and do a probably much better job than the shitty internet channel.
I can't wait to install a linux distro, just have to reformat my 8GB SDHC card first and give ext3 partition 4 gigs of space
biggrin.gif

I bother for a number of reasons, one of which you mentioned.

First and foremost, there are no Linux distros with full Wii functionality ported. I don't know which distros you've seen, but I have yet to see one that supports WiFi, at all. The truth is, USB, WiFi, the GPU, the CPU, and upper-level memory either aren't compatible or only partially functional right now.

Second, the Internet Channel is fully integrated, user friendly, and acts how a browser on the TV should. Most people find it sufficient for checking e-mail, watching YouTube videos, and reading articles. Just because it doesn't do what you or I want it to, doesn't mean it's necessarily bad.

Lastly, why the hell not? Looking at the internals, it definitely has the potential to be a powerful browser -- the team working on it just underestimated it.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RiderLeangle said:
If I downloaded the internet channel from the actual Wii Shop, can I use this homebrew version?

If yes can someone send me what I need to add these updates you made?

Well, for one, due to the fact that Nintendo has not secured the Internet Channel, as of now, you can download it for free using NUS downloader.

The modifications I am making are not part of a homebrew version of the channel, nor is the binary modified, at this point in time.

I have yet to work out a patching method, so lets assume the only method of distribution will be via downloading the WAD or the app archives I modify.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
make it so that popups are allowed, because i use movie streaming sites, and without clicking the stupid pokerstars play button u cant watch em

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
teq said:
Shinigami Kiba said:
biggrin.gif

I bother for a number of reasons, one of which you mentioned.

First and foremost, there are no Linux distros with full Wii functionality ported. I don't know which distros you've seen, but I have yet to see one that supports WiFi, at all. The truth is, USB, WiFi, the GPU, the CPU, and upper-level memory either aren't compatible or only partially functional right now.

Second, the Internet Channel is fully integrated, user friendly, and acts how a browser on the TV should. Most people find it sufficient for checking e-mail, watching YouTube videos, and reading articles. Just because it doesn't do what you or I want it to, doesn't mean it's necessarily bad.

Lastly, why the hell not? Looking at the internals, it definitely has the potential to be a powerful browser -- the team working on it just underestimated it.

Think you're right man
I'm sure something awesome will come off this

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thc42O said:
make it so that popups are allowed, because i use movie streaming sites, and without clicking the stupid pokerstars play button u cant watch em

Pop-ups are a double-edged sword. On one hand, enabling them allows access to sites that use them, while on the other, advertisements will find their way in and possibly crash the browser.

Keep in mind, I'm not a Javascript expert. I'm barely starting to work with Jquery and I don't know how far that will take me.

In any case, getting everything working how I'd like it is a matter of if, not when. There are a lot of elements I'd like to explore, but I have very little time to do so(hence the reason I asked for help in the first place).

forbore

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Teq, could you PM me your work so far, I could try to help. We could start a Google Code projet. I am starting to make an installer for the browser as it would be illegal to share the WAD.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forbore said:
Teq, could you PM me your work so far, I could try to help. We could start a Google Code projet. I am starting to make an installer for the browser as it would be illegal to share the WAD.

I'll see what I can do.

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe there is any way that Google Code would allow this sort of project on the site. All of the code is owned by Opera, which now that I think of it, doesn't even let their PC version source out.

forbore

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We wouldn't release EVERYTHING! Not everything in Opera is copyrighted. Things that would be released would be themes, configs, javascripts, html pages. Everything would be installed from a script I am writing. All the user would have to do is to get the browser WAD by themselves(dump) and put it in a folder and run the script. The WAD would be modified.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WB3000 said:
I don't believe there is any way that Google Code would allow this sort of project on the site. All of the code is owned by Opera, which now that I think of it, doesn't even let their PC version source out.

There are a few ways.

Most of the files I'm dealing with are html and javascript, so it's not like I'm reverse-engineering their software.

I think I want to keep it a DIY project, anyway. That's not to say it can't be shared by a certain bay of pirates.

D

Deleted-171178

Would it be possible to remove the bottom bar/column view and make it a basic web page viewer?
If so, we could make channels for the wii like youtube/iplayer channel
smile.gif

Can somebody either PM or post here how to?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: You need better couch potatoes la +1