Hacking SoftChip Backup Loader: compiled binaries

robiul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest Softchip has better compatibility than Wiigator's 0.3, because Wiigator's cannot play Twilight Princess, crashes at safety part but the latest softchip loads it and you can play the game.

Guys I wonder if you can edit the channel so that it auto loads the disc instead of having to press A (loads system language and video mode default). One of the Wiigator's channel was able to autoload, it had loading written writing on the screen.
Also I noticed that it displays writing when reading the disc, this should be hidden and have something like the logo on the screen while it's reading, like this:

softchip.jpg

or this.

MenuScreen1copy.jpg

InfernoZeus

Trophies
Website
radakan.org
XP
Country
oligore said:
I really like the banner. There is a minor thing I don't like about the perspective of the disc coming out of the drive maybe use the transform tool in photoshop (or whatever u use) to change the perspective. Apart from that it looks great though
Yeh, I agree with this too, it looks like the disc is too parallel to the screen compared to the wii.

Also, the reflection of the text looks strange; I think because there is on alpha gradient, the bit at the bottom in the reflection should be lest visible than that at the top...

Otherwise, looks great!

jfitie

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
InfernoZeus said:
oligore said:
I really like the banner. There is a minor thing I don't like about the perspective of the disc coming out of the drive maybe use the transform tool in photoshop (or whatever u use) to change the perspective. Apart from that it looks great though
Yeh, I agree with this too, it looks like the disc is too parallel to the screen compared to the wii.

Also, the reflection of the text looks strange; I think because there is on alpha gradient, the bit at the bottom in the reflection should be lest visible than that at the top...

Otherwise, looks great!

Let's just wait and see what artwork will be used on the SoftChip site (http://www.softchip-mod.com/); then maybe change the banner to something like that.

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Woah, No more Heroes doesn't freeze, while it freeze with backup loader 0.3

I can also tell that SoftChip is WAY faster than WiiGator 0.3.

And it's Open Source! I see a bright future for this loader!

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
jfitie - I'd asked this before, but two revisions and you're still not doing it, so here we go again:
QUOTE said:
OP will you do me a favor and maintain the naming structure and NFO in updated releases. May make it SoftChip_Loader_Channel-[revision]-0RANGECHiCKEN. We'd appreciate that.

jfitie

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
loesjoel said:
jfitie - I'd asked this before, but two revisions and you're still not doing it, so here we go again:
QUOTE said:
OP will you do me a favor and maintain the naming structure and NFO in updated releases. May make it SoftChip_Loader_Channel-[revision]-0RANGECHiCKEN. We'd appreciate that.

Hi, sorry missed your post. I will upload the files I compile as 'SoftChipR??.dol' and 'SoftChipR??.wad' because otherwise I'd have to credit too many people in the filename (requiem, 0rangechicken, luccax, Xorlac, PaRaDoX, myself, etc.). Credits will be posted in the openingpost of the topic.

Is this a problem for you?

KimKong

Game Developer / Graphic Artist / Musician
Trophies
Website
skrap-klan.itch.io
XP
Country
Norway
Whow..
That channel looks great..!
But is this orange color going to be like a theme for the SoftChip or what..? Because if it's not, I would like to see a Wii style color for it..
biggrin.gif

jfitie

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
theBLUEBIRD said:
Whow..
That channel looks great..!
But is this orange color going to be like a theme for the SoftChip or what..? Because if it's not, I would like to see a Wii style color for it..
biggrin.gif

If someone makes a better looking channel I'll start using that
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LightyKD said:
does soft chip fix the issues of "disc read error" that wiigator 0.3b has? I'm thinking about switching over to soft chip but im not sure.

This has to be fixed in the cIOS. There's no need to "switch" just copy SoftChip on your sd card and run it from the HBC, it uses the same cIOS as the 0.3b. Only decrypted games won't work. It's probably even compatible with the cIOS which will be released with the 0.3 gamma.

jfitie

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
LightyKD said:
does soft chip fix the issues of "disc read error" that wiigator 0.3b has? I'm thinking about switching over to soft chip but im not sure.

This has to be fixed in the cIOS. There's no need to "switch" just copy SoftChip on your sd card and run it from the HBC, it uses the same cIOS as the 0.3b. Only decrypted games won't work. It's probably even compatible with the cIOS which will be released with the 0.3 gamma.

True, but some games work (better) with softchip than with wiigator .3beta
It's best to have both channels (wiigator & softchip) installed
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1